The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

78 posts Page 5 of 6
Yes it is -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolo

@manderley in this link there is a bit about the elephant advert too - apparently it won a prize at Cannes!
It's this one, a big success at the time

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50z25um6b5A
Ha, that was funny. I haven't ever seen that commercial before; don't think it aired over here.
No not in UK either!
Rhooooo Silverdarling, yes it did air in the UK, that's where I saw it at the time ! It was in 1996, to be exact :wink:
Ooooh don't remember this one at all, lol! But then at that time, wasn't watching a lot of TV as doing a 2 year art foundation course in the evenings!
The TV was so different from what we had here, I didn't watch it a lot but everything I watched stayed in my mind. I could even tell you what was happening in Home and Away and Neighbours at the time...... :shock:

In the English treats - and chocolate caramel - between the Cadbury Caramel and the Galaxy Caramel, I prefer the Galaxy one, the chocolate is more..... I don't know, you put it in your mouth and it melt and....Damned, I'll have to order some now :grin: :razz:
43tweaker, if you put the fruit in a ziplock bag, then put the bag in the pie dish it will eventually be used in and freeze it. The filling will won't even need to be thawed, just tip the filling out of the bag, into the pastry lined dish (take the dish out of the freezer once the ziplock bag and contents have assumed the correct shape) and bake away. This way you just freeze pie portions and stack them in the freezer in the bags, without needing extra containers.
The old Rolo ads were always based on 'Do you love someone enough to give them your last Rolo?. I ALWAYS got my hubbies last one.

manderley, would it be worthwhile one of use buying a load of chocolates for you and posting them over? Maybe a couple of kilo's at a time? I could even go to the cash & carry and get them wholesale for you (I think that option would be tempting providence though). Crikey, even if we all just posted you a bar each, it should keep you going for a decent amount of time.
I have not seen it either. Only remember the last Rolo one.
I don't remember ever seeing one about giving your last Rolo to someone you love either. But here is the one with the goofy, stick in your brain jingle we got in the States...

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=you%20ca ... s7HVY4XFTo
You know if you think about those advertising guys really did earn their money on those commercials since we can still remember the words about 30 years later!
Julie, the trouble is, I don't only order sweets and chocolate but tea, mustard (the English one is very different from the Dijon one), tea, baby oil (can't find it here), lime marmelade and I forget some, I am sure. That's when I am feeling nostaligic, which is once a year, near Christams, so in there go pudding, cake and all the christmassy things I can find; It's crazy I know.... :bugeyes:

I only buy a few bars 2 or 3 of each I like, which is reasonnable, I think :grin:
Send me your shopping list Manderley and I will get it all bought, packaged and sent to you.
Thank you Julie, I will. It's so sweet of you, really. :heart: There was a proper shop with reasonable prices but it closed and now you everything is really expensive and it's not worth it.

I will go on the tesco site tonight - I know, what an exciting evening it will be..... :cool:
78 posts Page 5 of 6