The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

78 posts Page 2 of 6
Julieathome, you've just reminded me of the Reese's peanut butter-with- candy-chunks ice cream we had this weekend! I had forgotten to confess that sweet indulgence with the 5lb bag of candy corn staring me down. In my defense, they did have a sale where you got milk free if you bought the ice cream. We needed the milk and I love a good deal. :wink:

Plus, with a family of five (2 of them growing boys plus the 6 ft 3 hubby) I literally only got one small scoop, anyway.
Greenmonster, candy corn has a honey flavor. It is really good mixed together with salty peanuts. Tastes exactly like a Payday bar. It does definitely taste like sugar...and a quick check of the label tells me that first ingredient is sugar, followed by corn syrup and then honey. I think it used to be made with more honey. I really like the Autumn Mix bag with the candy pumpkins. But, all the "Indian Corn" is saved for my daughter since she is the only one who likes the chocolate kind.
Oh my gosh, I walked by someone's desk today at work and they had candy corn sitting out. It is evil and seriously sweet and something I can't stop eating until it is gone. As I was oohing and ahhhing over it I said, some Circus Peanuts would be icing on the cake. Both of these are not the "fine" candy, but the cheap sugar stuff of childhood. There will be a lot of temptations coming our way with halloween on the horizon.

Is halloween celebrated anywhere besides the US?
I have to stop reading this thread. I'm fasting!
Here in oz we have a candy corn with peanuts in a packet called 'crackerjack' sweet and salty . Yum.
43tweaker wrote: Everybody is a Lindt fan, then? When I go for the pricier (non-Hershey) type chocolate I almost always go for Ghirardelli myself. They sucked me in at Downtown Disney with daily free sample squares. We go to Orlando a lot since my parents live in FL. I like the dark chocolate mint, the milk chocolate caramel, anything with peanut butter, the white chocolate Christmas one with crushed candy canes....Well, I guess I've never really found one I didn't like. :grin:

Someone was on about the Lindt see salt and caramel chocolate. I have never had that but I have had the Ghirardelli version. It is very yummy. My next favorite is the raspberry filled chocolate.
julianna wrote: I have to stop reading this thread. I'm fasting!
Here in oz we have a candy corn with peanuts in a packet called 'crackerjack' sweet and salty . Yum.
we have crackerjacks too but it is sweet popcorn and peanuts. Candy corn something different. It's an orange yellow and white come shaped candy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Candy-Corn.jpg
Julianna wrote: Here in oz we have a candy corn with peanuts in a packet called 'crackerjack' sweet and salty . Yum. We have crackerjacks too but it is sweet popcorn and peanuts. Candy corn something different. It's an orange yellow and white come shaped candy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Candy-Corn.jpg

The Cracker Jack boxes are what we call carmel corn here and made from popcorn. Like Mary Ann said, candy corn is just pure sugar...candy made to look like a kernel of corn.

Mary Ann, I like that dark chocolate raspberry, too. :oops: Ever had the Ghirardelli hot cocoa? Deliciously, heavenly, perfection in a mug!! One Christmas we made that on the stove with warmed milk and then stirred in bits of chocolate and whipped cream and sprinkles. OH MY!!

Enough of this my fast has started as well. (Doing Tuesday and Thursday because of the Monday holiday.)
Ha. Somehow, I messed up that quote and made it look like Mary Ann said what Julianna said. Sorry, ladies I'd fix it if I could figure out where i went wrong. Lol
OMG, dangerous talk for a fast day... but I love everything you all have to say, black licorice, chocolate (for me with mint or hazelnut)...... cake... I love. cake!!!

But candy corn, now that's just special stuff. Sometimes around this time of year, I go to Target to just smell the candy isle... two months away, and it's already stocked with candy corn. Damn candy lobby, they've even changed time to make it theirs, moved daylight savings just to sell us more at easter and halloween :(
As my strapline says ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But to specifics :grin: - Green and Black's choc which has loads of versions, just like the Lindt version mentioned above (but do just LOVE Lindt chocolate :lol: )

For everyday :wink: choc, love my Twirls ...

Really like Caramacs, a blast from the past, recently found in my village farm shop :shock: :victory:

Also a blast from the past, hokey pokey ice cream, had in NZ as a child - once eaten, never forgotten! :grin: :wink:

And finally Fudge.

Fudge is to me, what toast is to @Ballerina :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is candy corn, popped corn? if it is I like the one doused in sticky caramel.
43tweaker wrote: Ha. Somehow, I messed up that quote and made it look like Mary Ann said what Julianna said. Sorry, ladies I'd fix it if I could figure out where i went wrong. Lol

Fixed it for you ;-)

You needed to edit the bit where it says [quote="MaryAnn" to the correct name.
Hi Wineoclock,
I think I may have got my Lindt mixed up with my Green and Blacks, sorry! Just off into town so I shall have a look and I MAY purchase some,,,,mmmmm, what flavour shall I buy you? :?:

Ballerina x :heart:
Oh goodness chocolate, where to start?!! Lindt is on special in Woolies (Aus), so I have stocked up big time, chilli, sea salt, vanilla and almond etc etc. I don't tend to hog the dark stuff so that is what I stick to for safety sake, but I am a sucker for coconut or peanut in anything, especially Whittakers!
Wine o'clock, I'm not as daft as I thought, bought some Lindt Caramel with Sea salt, Coconut and some Chilli. They also do Wasabi, Strawberry something and White with Madagascar Vanilla, had to have some of the Vanilla as well, yum, yum
:razz:
Ballerina x :heart:
78 posts Page 2 of 6