The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

445 posts Page 29 of 30
Previous 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 Next
Final weight 72.1kgs or 11st 4lbs.
Phooey.
@PennyForthem :shock: SORRY!! :shock:

#1 Sue.Q. Reporting in Failed again.
Didn't make the solstice challenge and just been away 3 days with family celebrations well I'm reporting an overall very small loss of 1*5kgs so at least that's something, crawling in the right direction
:snail: ( must be leaving a snail trail behind me.) :snail:
Many thanks for running this one Penny. :like: :clover: :heart:
Happy bunny #38 checking in.
Thanks for the challenge Pennyforthem, it really motivated me !
And well done everybody, we are all nearer our targets and all tried hard so a pat on the back all round.
I wonder what the total loss is between us ?

Start weight 64kg / 141lb/ 10st1lb
Target 61kg / 134lb / 9st 8lb
End weight 59.9 kg / 132lb / 9st 6 lb
Weight lost 4.1kg / 9lb
Target reached yay !

I have been maintaining for the last 3 weeks which works fine as long as I do at least half an hour of fast walking every day, easy when the sun shines !
#10 reporting in:

Challenge start weight - 10st 12
Goal - to lose 5lbs
Challenge end weight - 10st 9
Weight lost - 3lbs
Goal met - No

I'm disappointed that I failed this challenge but I know it is because I have slacked off with my fasts. Need to get back on track. Perhaps I'll re-read the book to get inspired again.

But well done to everyone, whether targets were met or not. :like:
#30 reporting.

Challenge start weight - 12st 11
Goal - to lose 5lbs
Challenge end weight - 12st 6
Weight lost - 3lbs
Goal met - No............But yes as I smashed it a fortnight ago with an amazing 6lb loss but then life and weddings and birthdays took over.

So I'm happy that I know what 12.5 looks like and am looking forward to getting closer to my ultimate goal of 11.11 next time.
Thanks Pennyforthem.
Number 18 slinking in just as the summer solstice hits here at 6:51 am.

Weight at start: 153.2 lb/ 69.6 kg
Goal: lose 5 lb./ 2.3 kg
Weight at end: 152.2 lb./69.2 kg.
Weight lost: 1 lb./ 0.4 kg
Goal met: No :frown:

I have been up and down during this challenge but it really has been an exercise in maintenance that I am not ready to enter. I need to lose another 10 -12 lb :curse:

Oh well, off to keep on keeping on..... (slinks out)
Number 3 also did not meet my goal. :(

Challenge start weight - 171.5 lbs.
Goal - 165
Challenge end weight - 169
Weight lost - 2.5 lbs.
Goal met - No

I was close last week, but this week I gained weight. I had 2 nights out this week though where I had a drink or two, which I rarely do. I might try to weigh myself again tomorrow. And since it looks like I'll be running the next challenge, maybe that'll help me be more diligent!

@Judithn - sorry to see you struggled too. I love your quote though, one of my favorites. I have it hanging in my classroom!
#25 checking in. Tried to lose 7lbs and have ended up gaining 6lbs. Very disappointed so will be making a lifestyle change (ie. exercise!). Well done to everyone taking part in the challenge and to those who met their goals. :like:
To everyone who thinks they have "failed the challenge" try thinking of it as delay until you get to your goal? I have my phases of negative thinking, thanks for the support when I do, but ultimately we will get there :grin: Sue Q as you know I am also following the snails route :snail: :snail: :snail: but it is letting our bodies adapt to our weight loss. I am however trying arm exercises to get rid of my bat wings :lol: :lol:
@Motherof2 hugs,know how it feels x
@Isis golly yeh..bat wings :confused: mine arestill waving five mins after ive finished waving goodbye to visitors grrrrrrr...x
Thankyou @PennyForthem for setting up and running this challenge!
I have not got the 126 lbs I wanted and fluctuate around 131.8 lbs. It's not the fast days, which I do immaculately, that are the problem, but the days between. BUT I haven't gained as I always did in years gone by, and could call it maintaining. My eating habits have realistically changed for the better and I enjoy my food. The new challenge group could give me a push downwards for the last bit.
Congratulations to all those who reached their targets. :smile: :like:
#40 reporting in!

Challenge start weight 12st 12.5lbs
Goal To weigh 11 stone anything! Therefore 12.6lbs
Challenge end weight 12st 0.2lbs!
Weight lost 12.3lbs
Goal met Y/N No....I missed it by 0.3 of a pound......which by my reckoning is all of just under 5.5 ounces.....ouch!!

I would call that quite close - but as I have said before, these challenges keep me focused and accountable to myself, which in my case is vital. Whatever has happened, we have all tried hard....& irrespective of the result on the day (or thereabouts), we are in it for the long haul anyway...

So, very well done everyone xx See you at the next challenge!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Hazelnut20 - I would say you did it. That's a great achievement!!
Thanks very much for saying so @cblasz - you're very kind!

Looking forward to joining your forthcoming challenge & well done you for volunteering!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
cblasz wrote: Hazelnut20 - I would say you did it. That's a great achievement!!

I agree @Hazelnut20. A glass of water is half a pound (8oz)! 0.3lbs is just a bra or knickers!
Previous 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 Next
445 posts Page 29 of 30