The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Hazelnut's back!
03 Feb 2016, 09:01
Great to see you here @hazelnut20 and I hesitate to say 'back here', because, sad to say, I haven't been around here much either.
But the important thing is : you're back :heart:
Back to valuing yourself and back to being among people who've been where you've been and who are going where you're going.
We're on that journey together.
03 Feb 2016, 22:56
Hope life is treating you kindly dear Pens @pennyforthem x
04 Feb 2016, 00:11
Lovely to have you back @Hazelnut20, and your honesty is refreshing. I have been back on the 5:2 WOL since returning from an overseas trip in early January and finally having the courage to step on the scales. I need to lose 10 kgs to get back down to the weight I was so happy with when I really followed this way of eating in 2013. Well, 4 weeks in and I am nearly 3 kgs down which is a good start but I know from experience it is not a quick fix and the next few weeks will be the ones that determine is I can stick with it this time. I find that life gets in the way and it is all to easy to slip back in to my old (bad) habits which involve too much wine, snack food and a quick doorstep of bread and butter with jam when I get home from work because I have been "good" all day.
Fasting today (Thursday here in Australia) and I have a good feeling about today after a successful fast day on Monday. Nothing but black tea, coffee and water til this evening when I will have a 500 calorie chicken dinner.
Happy Thursday fasting everybody!
04 Feb 2016, 15:22
Hello @pilchards!

Ooh, how I relate to the attraction of a doorstep of bread! I have practically been living on bread for the past 6 months - breakfast & lunch....with lashings of butter. Have given no thought to how unhealthily I've been eating, but have finally reached the point where I've had to make a decision.

So much of this is in my head. I've said it before...and here it comes again:- I am the only person who decides what I eat - no-one else. It follows then, that I have the absolute power to make choices about whether I fast or not. Whether I eat unhealthily or healthily. No-one else forces it down my neck! For many reasons, I've been choosing unhealthy food for too long...but this stops right now. Time to hold myself accountable & make better choices everyday. Time to be mindful of what I'm doing...

I know it will be a daily battle! I have a very unhelpful voice in my head that constantly reminds me how comforting food can be. I just need it to be drowned out by the other voice that says "you can do it! You don't need those chocolates - just put the kettle on instead.."

I've returned to fasting twice now. The last time, my heart wasn't in it...but it definitely is now. I've decided that I'm only going to weigh myself once a month (on the 1st of each month) as I don't want to get discouraged by zig-zagging dots. I'm telling myself that I am committed enough to 5:2 not to need weekly feedback because I need to finally see it as a Way Of Life....not a diet, not a quick fix, nothing magic. I'm trying to protect myself from disappointment due to monthly fluctuations this time around. On Monday, I measured all my bits...and it didn't make pleasant reading, I can tell you! I need to lose around 5 stone....a whopping amount - so how can I possibly see that as quickly achievable?? I'd be a fool....

When I was last on the forum (the half-hearted time) there was a thread for returning fasters. Perhaps that's what we need this time - because I've noticed there's not as many active topics these days as there used to be. Yep, I think I'll start a new thread later! I really should be doing my ironing right now.......xx
05 Feb 2016, 07:46
Hi Hazelnut and welcome back. I can totally relate to some of what you saying and me too feel kind of ashamed with myself for not continue and reach my goals. I don't like being overweight and hate the sight of the flab pouring over the waistline when I look in the mirror, although it has shrunk a bit from the last round of fasting, which is the third for me.
So Hazelnut - we struggle on, one day one week of fasting at the time. Take my hand and together we will make it :clover:
20 posts Page 2 of 2