The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

88 posts Page 6 of 6
Re: How slim do you want to be?
17 Nov 2013, 15:07
... Just noticed today how wrinkly my knees have gone :shock: :shock: :shock: however, am willing to put up with this particular side effect ... And it probably would have happened anyway!
17 Nov 2013, 15:20
@manderley - thank you! That made for an interesting 10 minutes. The formulas varied for me between 60.8kg and 68kg - and I am currently 64.5! So that is very reassuring to me as well! Had to look up 'poignet' though!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :like: :wink:
17 Nov 2013, 15:39
When I started 5:2 I was about 14 1/2 stone and size 18/20/22. I didn't want to set myself a too distant/unacheivable target. My original target was 12 stone and to be a size 16 - still overweight but probably not dangerously so. After a year I have almost acheived that. Having found a plan I can stick with long term I am planning to set a new target of 10 1/2 stone. I am not sure if this is doable for me and I expect I will still be 'overweight'. I would rather have a womanly figure than a model like one and I think at the age of 62 it is better to be slightly over than underweight.
17 Nov 2013, 20:21
carorees where exactly around my waist/stomach should I measure: navel, inch above navel?
17 Nov 2013, 20:36
17 Nov 2013, 21:39
Caroline, thanks so much. I was panicking because I was measuring at navel abd thinking that though I've got down to BMI 22 I've got a long long way to go still based on navel measurement. L3 is much better place to measure and I really like knowing that sub fat indicator is below navel & vis fat indicator is above.
18 Nov 2013, 03:46
Sallyo wrote: Well done MaryAnn. If I had your BMI I would be happy, perhaps. I wonder about your post, forcing weight off waist and thighs. I don't know your age but I wonder if we all want to look like 20 year olds and maybe women my age will always be a bit thicker around the waist and thighs? What does child bearing do to our bodies? We do get bombarded by pictures of perfect youth and maybe, I need to learn to accept my body as a 60 year old body; tone up, certainly, but I need to be realistic about it.

I get what you're saying, but in my case, it's the way I've always been built. I've never had kids. But yeah, I need to learn to accept it. It is interesting/odd, though, that when I first started losing, it was coming off my waist and below. Now it's shifted up top, but hopefully it will shift back down because there's not much left to lose up top!
18 Nov 2013, 04:17
MaryAnn wrote: Now it's shifted up top, but hopefully it will shift back down because there's not much left to lose up top!

That's interesting MaryAnn.
My legs were getting slimmer(and wrinkly) but now that has stopped.
The very first place I noticably lost was back fat :smile:
I would love my spare tyre round my hips to melt away but not too hopeful.And even though I'm hourglass shape my waist measurement has not reduced much. :?:
All good though, less weight for the joints wherever it comes from!
18 Nov 2013, 04:20
I dont know how slim I want to be, but I know I dont want to be an unrealistic slim. One that is sustainable for me. I dont want to be that slim that my metabolism changes or that I am constantly starving. :smile:
18 Nov 2013, 04:24
I am 24, 5"7/5"8 (I know I'm in between but not sure which!) weigh 10st10lb and my waist is 31inches.

Does anyone know if this is dangerous? I feel very thick around the waist compared to my size. :(

Lil :heart:
18 Nov 2013, 04:53
I just looked back at my progress tracker data. My BMI was 28.9 (!) when my waist was half my height. I guess I'm an oddity. I still can't wear lower than size 14 (UK) jeans. All my weight is in my hips and thighs.
18 Nov 2013, 07:31
LilSmiler wrote: I am 24, 5"7/5"8 (I know I'm in between but not sure which!) weigh 10st10lb and my waist is 31inches.

Does anyone know if this is dangerous? I feel very thick around the waist compared to my size. :(

Lil :heart:

Lil you waist is less than 50% you height at 31in so you are ok. I am 5'6" and my waist is 33in atm, hoping to lose an inch or so more.
18 Nov 2013, 07:33
gosh, just looked at julieathome's link. It reminds me that I have an appointment with a friend who is qualified as a personal trainer. I just got the OK from my doctor to put weight on and lift weight with my left hand. We've been waiting for that before we get started…

I know IF is supposed to result in mostly fat loss, but I'm feeling really flabby now and am in desperate need of a tone-up. The only place that feels fit are my legs--typical runner, I guess...
88 posts Page 6 of 6