The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

37 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: I am back!
19 Jun 2015, 00:42
@drilakila, we've all been there; life gets challenging and we dive into the beer and chips... :oops: It's finally realizing that you're doing it to yourself and that no amount of external angst is worth being mean to yourself...5:2 is taking care of YOU, even when it seems that letting yourself do "whatever" (not fast, etc) is "nicer." You've got our support and understanding...sorry your new neighbors don't appreciate your improvements and YOU!
19 Jun 2015, 08:25
Hang in there @drilakila
19 Jun 2015, 09:20
Thank you for your kind words and support :heart: I feel much better today. My fast went well but oh boy I wanted my coffee and toast this morning. The only time I was really hungry yesterday was late afternoon so that made things even better as it shows I can cope with occasional hunger bangs and nausea. I went out with a friend and cleared some huge overgrowth on our local bridleway. Soup, ice cream and two squares of chocolate for dinner and three satsumas when I got peckish later on. Well under my calorie allowance lol.
Very pleased with myself. x
22 Jun 2015, 13:53
I have two fasts under my belt now and boy do I feel better.
One thing I have noticed tho', I can be fine all day but after my evening meal all I want to do is carry on eating. I allowed myself a piece of toast and an orange for supper to help me resist bingeing and ruining my fast last night. I wonder why I am like this?
x
23 Jun 2015, 17:24
Oh well done, @drilakila - so thrilled that you have got two returning fasts under your belt!

I am a returning faster myself...& can so identify with the comfort eating habit.

I am a great fan of the kettle on fast days. Do you drink tea or coffee on fast days? If I'm a bit hungry, I always go straight to the kettle! Also, a good strategy might be an early night on a fast day....to stop yourself snacking/carrying on eating! These are just suggestions.....for I am no angel on the fasting front! Instead, I'm a WIP (Work In Progress).

Very nice to see you back on the forum! Here's to your next fast!
23 Jun 2015, 17:46
Thank you Hazelnut20 it's good to be back.
I drink coffee. I LOVE coffee so maybe that's a good idea to drink more on fast days but I wonder if it might keep me awake. Will have to try some decaf I think! Thanks for the tip.
I do try for early nights but forget when I get stuck into a tv program lol.
I am on my third fast today, been trying out alternate days which has gone very well. In fact it is rekindling my interest in cooking which can't be a bad thing.
x
24 Jun 2015, 08:57
Lost a kilo this week. :grin: x
06 Jul 2015, 09:29
Lose a kilo/gain a kilo bah! Can't beat the feeling less bloated and better though.
I have decided to come off my anti depressants albeit slowly. Replacing it with some vit B8 after reading some new research on it. Fed up with side effects, especially the weight gain, feeling emotionally too numb and killing my creativity and not really stopping me having bad lows. Plus my new GP won't give me more than a month's worth at a time which is annoying and in the long run costly. Yes, I am complaining of £100 a year on prescription charges lol.
I thought it would be cooler up here but the hot weather has got to me. I am hoping that's another side effect that might disappear....the sweating!!! Our hottest day was 29c. A lot cooler than London but still miserable for me.
We've had some amazing thunderstorms! It doesn't get truly dark until nearly 11pm which is wonderful. Stone houses are pretty good for being cool tho and my japanese courtyard garden is really coming together now. I've got a bench to sit on and the pallet wall (blocking out any view of the nasty neighbours) is also coming along nicely.
Great to spend my days gardening and having a rest from DIY in the house. Weeding, cutting back and growing new plants for the front garden. I found a pear, two apple trees and raspberry canes hidden at the bottom. Happy days x
10 Jul 2015, 08:52
Had a really good fast yesterday, no stuffing my face in the evening. I guess I was just too tired after a three hour ride with a friend on our horses around the local reservoirs. Must have burned a few extra calories?

In 6 days time I will have been here 6 months. I still have that holiday feeling which I hope never goes away.
x
20 Jul 2015, 08:35
Feeling a bit disappointed today regarding fasting.
I've been doing quite well. I've been happy and enjoying fasting but. . . . . . . . . . . . I am not losing weight. This morning I have put on 1 kilo. I could cry!
I have been drinking a fair few glasses of wine and the occasional bottle/pint of beer. I don't spend my evenings stuffing my face blah blah blah. I can't be trying hard enough?
Coming off my meds has given me really bad diarrhea for the last month but that seems to be easing. Thank you universe!!!
I really thought hopping back to fasting would give me the same results I had last time. Somewhere in my head I expected to wake up one morning and be suddenly thinner! Where did I get that crazy idea?!
I could do with a hug! Lol xxx
20 Jul 2015, 14:25
I'm sorry it's not going so well for you. Carorees has a number of great articles on why it may not look like you're losing when you still might be losing. You do know that home scales aren't terribly accurate and are only estimating, right? Are you measuring your inches? And you do know that water weight can make a difference of up to 4 pounds, right? The scale is an imperfect tool, and it's best not used alone. At least keep track of your waist measurement as well.

Don't despair because of one bad number! Keep at it and you might see a much better result next week.

And wouldn't it be great to wake up thin? Sigh.
21 Jul 2015, 09:11
Thanks for your support Tracieknits.
I wasn't measuring...I was in denial about how much larger I have got. Checked my waist size and almost cried.
Fasted yesterday by not eating much at all. Lots of coffee (with milk as I get stomach ache if I drink it black) and very weak no added sugar lemon squash. Seems to be the only way this time around and that's to not eat at all lol. I did have three satsumas and an apple around 6 then a veg stock cube drink before bed. Warm and soothing.
Perhaps I should have measured myself, then I would really be aware of what I had to do and pay attention. Denial is a powerful thing! x
23 Jul 2015, 10:06
I have lost 2cms from my waist. Which is really something to celebrate. I think my scales were a total waste of money...they seem to have their own idea of what I weigh at any given moment.
'My' Fibromyalgia is really bad at the moment. I say mine but I don't own it like a possession lol. I guess I suffer from it but I hate to say that. It's manifesting itself these days in stiff painful hands and feet, the pain was so bad it woke me up at 4am this morning. I can't make a fist this morning in either hand and even typing hurts. My hands throb and my feet have shooting pains or pins and needles now and again. Poor me! It used to effect my elbows and knees but has decided to move on. Ibuprofen is my friend!
I am off the anti depressants completely and the side effects of withdrawal are receding. I stopped taking the vit B too as it gave me an exploding bum. Nice! I wonder if all this is having an effect on my lack of weight loss. I've had irritable bowel forever but that has eased in the last year because I take tumeric every day.
I went to my first yoga class yesterday and it was amazing. I am not surprised at all at how stiff and unbalanced I am and dreaded feeling bad this morning but actually I feel pretty good. My back is not complaining at all. Should have done this years ago!
Can't wait for next week and will try to do the basics until then. x
06 Aug 2015, 08:26
Lose a kilo/gain a kilo. I hate my scales! But I am losing cms off my waist and hips so it's ok. Can wear some of my size 14 jeans again which is excellent because I can't find new ones that I like or that fit.
Third weekly yoga class done. I'm not as sore as I expected to be which is nice but it's frustrating to not be able to do the positions lol. Can't expect miracles I suppose. nearly 30 years of tattooing makes for a very stiff rigid body. I hope it doesn't take as long to get bendy!!! I don't think I'll live long enough!! x
28 Aug 2015, 08:26
I don't know whats up with my body. I can only guess I am eating too much on non fasting days.
No more side effects from coming off anti depressants is nice. Can't blame the meds for being overweight now can I? Here was I thinking I would stop them and the fat would just melt away.
I lose a bit and then it goes back on. I have given up struggling to wear size 14 jeans which are too tight on my waist by the end of the day and bought some size 16. Perhaps I am now of the age when I can't stand tight clothes any longer. The 16's are too big but I don't care as I am comfortable lol.
I've been diagnosed with arthritis in my hands and feet, since I came off the anti depressants the pain in my hands had become unbearable so I went for xrays on my hands and will see what the dr says in a couple of weeks. I have been prescribed Naproxen ans Omeprazole, which although it's taken a couple of weeks, the pain in my hands is now bearable and sometimes even gone! I doubled the dose of Turmeric too.The stiffness has improved some days too.
Hasn't stopped me carrying on with my house renovations! Or going on longer rides with my horse.
The kitchen floor nearly is finished. I had a go at plastering my bedroom wall and it's not too bad lol. New double glazing was installed yesterday so I am poor again lol.
I am thinking I should go back to fasting three times a week. Having struggled to fast the first few weeks I am getting back into doing it successfully. Think of the money I will save fasting for three days which after paying for the double glazing is not a bad idea!
How are you all? x
37 posts Page 2 of 3