The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

37 posts Page 1 of 3
I am back!
25 Mar 2015, 12:36
It's been a looong time but I am back having settled in my new home in Derbyshire.
I haven't fasted since january when I started packing in earnest but I am attempting my first fast for two months today. I put on a bit of weight...ok a lot of weight over christmas and lost the will to live lol but since I moved I have been madly unpacking, up to my ears in DIY, walking the dogs, mucking out my horse's stable and walking/riding her. She is now living out in a field so there is a lot of poo picking and dragging bags of hay and huge water containers to and from the field. I am getting very fit!
Because of the relentless DIY and exercise I have gone down a jean size and am back to a size 14 and working towards size 12.
My Fibromyalgia is giving me hell but I am grinning and bearing it. I refuse to let it beat me!
It's so nice to be back and although my stomach is rumbling I have found the determination to see today through without failing lol.
How are you all? xxxx
Re: I am back!
25 Mar 2015, 12:48
Welcome Back.
Hope the DIY gets done so you can enjoy the summer
It's all still the sme here, some old familiar faces and plenty of new ones also.
Good luck.
25 Mar 2015, 13:44
Welcome back. I am new here)
25 Mar 2015, 13:58
Good to see you Drila! X
25 Mar 2015, 16:53
Welcome back!
25 Mar 2015, 19:00
Great to see you back and read how much your life has changed for the better!
25 Mar 2015, 19:05
yay @drilakila you sound to be living the good life, so hope the fibromyalgia will improve too x
25 Mar 2015, 20:24
Hey hi @drilakila, good to see you! How lovely your new home sounds even though you're suffering horribly. Chin up and dig in to the 5:2 fasts and I hope you get some relief :0)
26 Mar 2015, 00:06
Good to see you back, I found myself wondering about you on.y a few days ago.
26 Mar 2015, 01:58
Welcome back, drilakila! It's good to see you again :-)
28 Mar 2015, 19:56
I started at the beginning of January but it never got off the ground and have just completed my first week - so pleased other people also have a break but decide to come back.
28 Mar 2015, 21:58
Great to see you back, and enjoying your new life. I'm sure that you will get back into fasting, and that your new life will probably have a good effect on your health too.
28 Mar 2015, 22:22
Welcome back! So pleased to hear you have settled in your new home. It's such a big change and it takes time, so take it easy. See you soon on the forum. :clover: :clover: :clover: :cool: :cool:
28 Mar 2015, 23:10
Hi @galexinda & a big welcome to you!

Yep, a number of us return...myself included! Weight loss is, for me, as much psychological as it is physical. Silly me, I took my eye right off the ball (for numerous reasons) after successfully fasting for a good 8 months...and undid half of my good work. 4th week back now...and very glad I am too!

Best of luck to you!
18 Jun 2015, 11:06
Oh nooooo! I didn't...oh yes I did!!!
I fell off the wagon very very fast and am sad to say I am back to 90.6kg. Here come the excuses!
I found fasting very difficult to the extent that I was miserable. I forgot all the good things associated with fasting and only looked at it in terms of denial. Too many meals out, and beer, lots of lovely beer. Then I started drinking at home to blot out, well , me I suppose.
Then I had a few disagreements with the neighbours because they don't like the changes I have made to my gardens....tidying up years of neglect and turning the front garden into a proper garden instead of a wilderness and the back into a peaceful japanese courtyard garden. On one side they stopped talking to me, then got abusive when the gardeners came to chop the trees to hedges again and took away my low fence between our gardens and put up a taller one, without my permission. The other neighbour kept asking me to take things down, not park so close to her garden wall etc etc.
One of the 'friends' I made here has decided I am no longer useful to her and I suddenly felt very alone, paranoid and vulnerable. I cried a lot and starting drinking more. Suddenly a bottle of wine was slipping down in a couple of hours every night and I was binging on chocolate, crisps and bread.
My jeans are all either too tight or far too small and shopping trips to find more have ended in a very disappointed, sweaty, miserable me.
I thought all the walking and DIY I was doing would save me from fattening up but no. I feel bloated and ill.
Today I am not going to feel sorry for myself any longer. I am fasting today for the first time in nearly three months. It's going well so far. Fingers crossed for me please. I can do it!!! x
37 posts Page 1 of 3