The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

316 posts Page 21 of 22
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
This sounds mad, but I had cystitus last weekend when the docs was shut and nothing was helping, I tried every single over the counter remedy, all kinds of natural remedies and no change, then in despiration I ate a tablespoon of coconut oil and suddenly felt better! It didn't get rid of the infection, but I felt much better till I could get to the docs. Since then I've started to love my daily spoon of coconut oil LOL.
Re the hair, I slather it on my hair in the evening and use an old pillow case to sleep on, then wash my hair as normal in the morning, it works great and it really isn't that messy (I don't put loads and loads on though...)
It's a natural antibacterial and germs and viruses killer so I guess that's why it made you feel better :wink:
Cranberry tablets taken daily help with cistitis too :0)
A little late to the game but I've read quite a bit about bullet coffee ... so I decided to bite the bullet (haha) and added half a teaspoon to an espresso as I was applying it to my hair to condition

and wow, the taste is delicious! I'm pleasantly surprised. :heart: :victory:

Now I have to go back and re-read the threads to see why I should be drinking this :-)
jeninboston wrote: A little late to the game but I've read quite a bit about bullet coffee ... so I decided to bite the bullet (haha) and added half a teaspoon to an espresso as I was applying it to my hair to condition

and wow, the taste is delicious! I'm pleasantly surprised. :heart: :victory:

Now I have to go back and re-read the threads to see why I should be drinking this :-)

let me know if you find the answer Jen - I tried the bullet coffee but couldn't remember the idea behind it!
rawkaren is the expert on bullet proof coffee with coconut oil. Not tried it although I use the oil in cooking but it supposedly is very satiating and will keep you going for hours. :like:
Tried the pulling this morning - lasted about a minute, but it's a possibility that I can do 2 tomorrow!
PennyForthem wrote: Tried the pulling this morning - lasted about a minute, but it's a possibility that I can do 2 tomorrow!

I managed it for a few weeks Penny despite my initial reservations but found coconut oil too expensive to be simply spat out so just use it for cooking now and hopefully still getting some health benefits from its medium chain triglycerides. :like:
I work in an office with one male colleague we have a small fridge that we use for our lunch boxes. I had an 9am meeting and start work at 7am, don't do breakfasts so I thought what if I get the rumbles in the meeting. :confused: I thought bulletproof coffee should keep me quiet. I had a spare jar of coconut oil at home so put that in my desk drawer and a box with some butter in the fridge. He went into the fridge to put in his lunch and saw the butter, (he should be used to seeing strange things in there working with me) so I had to explain.
Have you ever seen a grown man gagging for a full hour, it was so funny :grin:
Now he thinks I am totally bonkers. :razz:

Chris x
Yes, but did it do the trick Chris at stopping the tummy rumbles?
:?: :razz:
Yes :like:
I didn't want my lunch break at 12.15 either. :wink:

Chris x
I moisturize my skin with it for days now, even my face, the skin is lighter, softer and..... I sleep much better. I don't know if it's the massage or the smell but I don't have any problem to fall asleep and sleep 2 or 3 hours more than usual, which is a bit odd when you sleep 4h a night for years..... :wink:
I've just started using the KTC coconut oil advertised on Amazon and ebay at half the price of other oils. It tastes yuck! It has no coconut taste at all, but it has a slight 'industrial' taste to it. If KTC coconut oil is your first try of eating or oil pulling with coconut oil then it's no wonder you don't get along with it. The Holland and Barrett oil was much nicer, a slight coconut smell and taste without any foreign flavours. I will continue to use the KTC on my skin and hair, it seems a bit grittier than the more expensive stuff, but melts well enough for application. I do miss the coconut smell.

If oil pulling you don't actually have to use coconut oil, I first read about it in connection to using sunflower oil or any other bland cooking oil.
I use Lucy Bee extra organic coconut oil and it's worth every penny: got it via Amazon. I eat it (it tastes good) and use it as a moisturiser on my skin. Love it. I don't do oil pulling with it, as I watched a documentary programme that concluded after a scientific experiment that is was no more effective than using a good quality mouthwash....so I don't waste it that way. It's a shame to spit it out you know!
Mine is Aman Prana. It's organic, extra virgin and fair trade.A bit expensive, 13.70€ the jar, but worth every penny. :wink:
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
316 posts Page 21 of 22