The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

316 posts Page 18 of 22
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
I don't think it's an age thing with me. I'm only 35 so I hope it's just 5:2. Will start putting c/oil on hair again and see if it helps :)
Dee
Well I'm not regaining 3 stone just to make my hair regrow
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wig shopping trip anyone?
:clover: let's hope the coconut concoction works :heart: Sue
Sue.Q wrote: Well I'm not regaining 3 stone just to make my hair regrow
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wig shopping trip anyone?
:clover: let's hope the coconut concoction works :heart: Sue

Well, that made me laugh but I have to agree, I'd rather be slim than hairy............at least that's what I think I mean :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
Using this, it took about a month before my hair stopped coming out in handfuls. Haven't been able to do it while the builders are here and really missing it. Hoping they're finished this week come Friday :0O
Oil pulling on tv now. Health freaks channel 4.
Oh dear, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the trials showed no significant difference between oil pulling and distilled water pulling. The action of pulling something vigorously through the gaps between your teeth is enough to reduce the bacteria in your mouth.
Having never tried this I cannot comment on how smooth ones teeth feel afterwards. But they did mention that this was a benefit.
Don't shoot the messenger.
I don't do the full head coconut oil as I'd have no oil left in no time at all. I luckily have very thick hair, that is down to my coccyx at the back but with a thick fringe at the front. I usually just wash my hair in the shower, slap some conditioner on and pile it on top of my head whilst I wash the rest of myself. Then I rinse the conditioner out. I add the coconut oil before I start combing my hair, I just add a tiny amount onto my hands and stroke it into the lengths from the shoulders down, then with whats left smooth the top layers flat. I find that my normal brushing redistributes the oil evenly through my hair.

I may try smothering my hair then shampooing, as I have occasionally added too much post shampoo and left my hair heavy and greasy looking.
My current favortite ways for using coconut oil are as shaving cream, on my psoriasis and recently tried the hair oil treatment. I liked the result on my hair; but be warned that you may need to wash more times than normal or your hair will look greasy the next day. Instead of oil pulling, I prefer normal brushing and then just a wipe around the gums and teeth with a very small amount of oil on my finger. No swishing, just applying it to the gums and leaving it there to soak in like I do everywhere else on my body.
carieoates wrote: Oil pulling on tv now. Health freaks channel 4.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
@carleoats don't worry you are safe. I water pull too. Since starting oil pulling the technique becomes a habit as it is very effective to swish away little particles. More worried about "health freaks channel" but you know whatever ... What ever works I will give a go as long as it is just not too silly.

Hi @izzy might consider @julieathome idea about smidgen of coconut oil being brushed through my hair ends as have hair past my shoulders but might be better to let it soak into the hair shafts and scalp. Might be good to wear a cap or glad wrap so my trial would have to be an at home day. I just have a flash of inspiration on a liquid fasting day do the overall pamper pedicure, oil pull and hair treatment. Might be very good chillax day
@izzy at least my teeth and feet will look good, am due to paint my toe nails red for a change. As for the rest glad wrapped head if I do it tomorrow it's 31/10, I can be the treat :pumpkin: :pumpkin: not the :vampire: :vampire:
izzy wrote: Good idea, @Gillymary, just make sure you aren't expecting a delivery, or visitors - we don't want to be scaring people away, with our weird ways :wink: :lol:

You're no fun at all :lol: :shock: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
Of course she is, she has red toenails! :lol: :cool: :lol: :cool:
Hi all, I also have thinning hair (ever since my children were born--but my youngest is 8, so maybe I need to stop blaming them for it!!!). So I'd love to try the coconut oil thing. However, I am concerned about washing my hair and letting the coconut drain into the drain. I'm afraid the drains will clog up. What is a good solution???

Also, for those of you who like supplements, try biotin. I take 5000 mcg a day. It's supposed to be good for hair, skin, and nails.
izzy wrote: PS. Is it not an unwritten law that you can blame your children for everything, for ever? :lol:

Mom blamed us kids for breaking the glasses, then when we all moved out she found out that it wasn't us, it was Dad that was the clumsy one with the glasses! :razz:
@Melinda_in_NC further back in this thread there is mention about coconut oil and drains by @caroees . It didn't seem so bad but maybe you could work out some way to remove the bulk and dispose into landfill. (Umm maybe not a fantastic environmental trade on second thoughts.) Am thinking those large chux rolls, get a new chux wring out in hot water and wrap so it would help with heat in penetration of oil into the hair shaft and then double as a way to remove excess by towelling hair at the end. It could be a daft idea but might serve a purpose
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Next
316 posts Page 18 of 22