The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

66 posts Page 3 of 5
Re: Jumped ship
25 Aug 2013, 19:57
Waxing? Where's ballerina's epilator?
25 Aug 2013, 20:00
"(Not a drop has passed my lips, honest!)"...................Silverdarling, are you sure?...

Was your post a Sea Shanty or a See Shandy...........and drink it? :shock:

Either way, it made me laugh :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
25 Aug 2013, 20:04
Just saw you're from Stirling -- Hubby was there on Thursday, strolling about your lovely town, visiting the tower on the hill and the Wallace memorial :-) If I had such a gorgeous place to walk, I think I'd be walking for three hours every single day!!
25 Aug 2013, 20:13
Stirling is probably my favourite place in Scotland.
25 Aug 2013, 21:06
TML13 wrote: Waxing? Where's ballerina's epilator?

I knew as soon as I had pressed 'post' that someone would take the word 'wax' and lower the tone ... :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:
25 Aug 2013, 21:07
Decided to make the most of things until back to fasting on Friday, so have just returned from a few happy hours at my local. Tracieknits, your hubby may have gone in there to whet his whistle whilst he was visiting the "tower" (Stirling Castle), hope so, as he would have liked both the beer and the company! Ballerina, thanks for not kissing me ha! ha! You can take the lassie out of Glasgow... Am slightly spooked by the shandies (and the shanties!) as had a half pint of the stuff for the first time in years, last drink before I left the pub - Silverdarling are you psychic? (Cue creepy music, no, no :musical: :musical: not another sea shanty! :grin: ) What should we do with the drunken sailor, answers on a barnacle please! TML Yes, I am lucky living in Stirling, but it does feel like living in a village at times - I get such a thrill whenever I go to Glasgow, big city lights, I love it! Actually, Scotland is a great country and I love it. I'll start waxing lyrical soon, especially as I'm just back from the pub!
Anyway, me hearties, hoist up the mainsail and up the anchor, this slightly drunken sailor is off to her bunk. :heart:
25 Aug 2013, 21:08
TML13 wrote: Stirling is probably my favourite place in Scotland.

But only probably?? Lol, ha haaaaa! Love it, TML! :razz:
25 Aug 2013, 21:12
You were asking for it, Silverdarling, you know that you did!!! :grin:

Dhana, this is for you my darling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw :heart:
25 Aug 2013, 21:14
Silverdarling wrote:
TML13 wrote: Stirling is probably my favourite place in Scotland.

But only probably?? Lol, ha haaaaa! Love it, TML! :razz:

Yeah, I'm torn between Stirling and Inveraray. And I love Glasgow because my family lives there. :heart:
25 Aug 2013, 21:20
"Shave his belly with a rusty razor"?. :shock: ...................good heavens have these drunken sailors not kept up with the times and discovered the joys of the, now world famous, Epilator as featured in "B du J"? :lol:

25 Aug 2013, 21:25
Ballerina wrote: "(Not a drop has passed my lips, honest!)"...................Silverdarling, are you sure?...

Was your post a Sea Shanty or a See Shandy...........and drink it? :shock:

Either way, it made me laugh :lol:

Absolutely sure - I was obviously guided by my 'psychic' tendencies, as unbeknownst to me, dhana was actually in reality carousing in the pub, at the very time I had her in her cups in a port-side tavern ... No matter that this was in land-locked Stirling, on the River Forth, rather than on Clydeside ... at least she got no Glasgow kisses on the way home ... :shock: :wink: :shock: :wink: :cool: :cool: :cool:
25 Aug 2013, 21:27
A lot of us seem to be in the same boat and phew am I glad the Findus catering pack is back in its safe harbour. It is a bit fishy though that a few of us are a bit seasick in our 5:2 boats. Might be the calm after the storm while we old salts get back our sea legs.
25 Aug 2013, 21:37
Im joining the 'jumped ship crew' - time now to kick my ar**e
25 Aug 2013, 21:50
Hi Debbie and welcome aboard our rudderless, drifting land blubber, lost at sea ship. Together we can all turn this boat around and get back on course! I do think we are all just suffering post, holiday, post summer blues a bit, I know I am and I'm not really worried but it just goes to show how easy it is to lose your motivation no matter how long and how well you have been focused.

It will be interesting to see how long this little lull lasts and how we all cope with it, as our illustrious P.M. Says, "we are all in this together" :victory:

Ballerina :heart:
25 Aug 2013, 22:09
... Becalmed, in the doldrums, dog days of August ...

'Water water everywhere, nor any drop to drink ...'

( :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: )
66 posts Page 3 of 5