The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

73 posts Page 3 of 5
Re: LENT
20 Feb 2014, 21:25
nursebean wrote: Oh dear are Sundays that bad Beanarilla?

Bean :starving:

No, they are that good :shock: :lol: :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
20 Feb 2014, 21:28
Oh ok!! Breakfast in bed, eh?

Bean :starving: :smile:
20 Feb 2014, 21:31
@Ballerina i am very much a lapsed Catholic but i still love the hymns,specially the ones to Our Lady and the Ones we sang in Latin
I was 12 when i got cheesed off with it all..learning the Catechism parrot fashion ....the nuns at school who were all either totally horrid or completely lovely..fed up kneeling in front of a pic of the Pope for some wrongdoing in class..having sinking feelings in my tum going to confession every week,hunger pangs every sunday coz we cdnt eat before Mass.
Mt sister aged about eight and racking her brains for something to " confess" told the priest in confession that she had committed adultery! Said in all innocence..All she knew was it was a Commandment,she didnt know what it meant,but was pretty sure she must have broken that Commandment at some stage! X
20 Feb 2014, 21:35
Ballerina wrote:
slimnana wrote:
nursebean wrote: Oh dear @slimnana I weigh myself EVERY day

Bean :starving: :confused:

I confess...I'm guilty of sometimes even weighing twice on Sundays! :evil:

Goodness woman, the only thing I do twice on a Sunday is get up....... :shock: :sleepy:

Amen to that! :like: ~ Ann
20 Feb 2014, 21:45
CandiceMarie wrote: @Ballerina i am very much a lapsed Catholic but i still love the hymns,specially the ones to Our Lady and the Ones we sang in Latin
I was 12 when i got cheesed off with it all..learning the Catechism parrot fashion ....the nuns at school who were all either totally horrid or completely lovely..fed up kneeling in front of a pic of the Pope for some wrongdoing in class..having sinking feelings in my tum going to confession every week,hunger pangs every sunday coz we cdnt eat before Mass.
Mt sister aged about eight and racking her brains for something to " confess" told the priest in confession that she had committed adultery! Said in all innocence..All she knew was it was a Commandment,she didnt know what it meant,but was pretty sure she must have broken that Commandment at some stage! X

I m a lapsed everything. Raised as a Protestant in Glasgow it was impossible to escape from religion of one sort or another but one thing life has taught me is that there is no right or wrong and whatever any one individual believes in is good enough for me as long as I don't have to believe in it as well. I am very respectful of others personal beliefs and one the most wonderful experiences I ever had was in a church in Rome when the nuns were chanting, quite magical. Had to laugh at your sisters idea of adultery though, aren't children just wonderful?

20 Feb 2014, 21:45
Amen indeed!
All this talk of Lent,Catholicism etc has brought out my deep deep need to confess stuff...
Today. Bought a bar of Galaxy bubbles choc intending to put it thru my neighbour's letterbox..but i couldnt be bothered going out again..and i am gonna eat it now..
lazy AND greedy eh! Can hardly bear to look at myself :confused: :dazed: :doh:AND i put up stupid jokes.. :neutral:
image.jpg
(48.86 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
20 Feb 2014, 21:48
:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

You are indeed a VERY naughty girl, but we love you,

20 Feb 2014, 21:52
Thanks B..do you still all love me even tho its a fast day and i' m spending 172 cals of my precious 500 on choc ? :confused:
My chockywokky worm demands feeding but i have ignored my carby warby worm i think and hope :?:
20 Feb 2014, 21:54
@Candicemarie? How COULD you?!
image.jpg
(7.88 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
20 Feb 2014, 22:00
Ohhhh nooooo Bean! Whats got you so irate? Could it be - me mentioning the C word? X
20 Feb 2014, 22:01
Scuse me..i' m just wiping chocco smears from my ipad screen :lol: :grin: x
21 Feb 2014, 09:42
CandiceMarie wrote: Scuse me..i' m just wiping chocco smears from my ipad screen :lol: :grin: x

I am shocked,.........I cannot believe that you don't lick them off :shock: :lol: :razz:

21 Feb 2014, 09:57
You guys crack me up, you're all bonkers!!

but I still love reading your insane posts hahaha!!

Candice good on you, if you want some choc, fast day or not go for it, you can make up for it later uh!!!

Fasting today too, but I am not with it............I want to eat, NOW....
have a good one all of you xxx
21 Feb 2014, 10:34
@CandiceMarieHope you are feeling much better now you have got that off your chest . Yep the CC good on instilling guilt on little children. Can say that through personal experience. I figure though considering many of the Christian ritual day were actually built upon more ancient belief systems if you want to use these times you are just following very old traditions and sacred days more than 2000 years old.
21 Feb 2014, 11:13
Anyone get a chance to see Philomena at the cinema (starring Judy Dench).

I saw it and particularly telling... the comments here made me think about it.

Best i dont comment on the subject matter or it might get me in trouble.. (again)

all i will say is that my Neighbours are devout hindu Indian and they have been blessed to have a temple in their house so I have many Gods to protect me. My neighbours are some of the most gentle, friendly people i know so i am truly blessed. (having lived next door previously to Aussie scum that had parties in the verandah till 4am regularly)
73 posts Page 3 of 5