The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

72 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: Not drinking alcohol today
17 Sep 2013, 11:44
I listened to te BBC podcast and it really was interesting. I don't really like mobtail (it it how it's written ?),they are too sweet for me.

Have a bottle of rosé wine in the fridge and the trouble is, it's pretty cold now and, for me, rosé strictly is for summer so it's not appealing at all,don't drink white wine and it's not cold enough for red wine... Problem solved :razz: :grin:
18 Sep 2013, 16:49
Hmmm - I rather wish I hadn't read that to be honest. As it's The Mail I tend to be sceptical, but you never know.
18 Sep 2013, 17:06
Yay! I've made it over my stumbling block, the PM program. If I can hear the pips and not pour a glass of wine, I can make it through the evening.

I'm trying 16:8, which also helps!
18 Sep 2013, 18:29
Well done minumonline! You can do this!
18 Sep 2013, 19:03
Yay Minumonline! :like:
And yay me! My OH said we could have wine if I felt like it, and I ignored him and poured some tonic water. He had orangina. Having a piece of chocolate&courgette cake now which is probably higher calories than wine. So, was that a good decision?? :bugeyes: :shock: :grin:
19 Sep 2013, 08:34
Hi Rawkaren,

I saw this article yesterday in 'Mail on Line' and didn't even bother to read it as it was obvious to me that it was a load of hogwash. I have just scanned through it now and it seems that the lady in question has totally altered her lifestyle and eating habits so, as I thought, not strictly accurate headline, but hey, this is 'The Mail'! :smile:

Ballerina x :heart:
19 Sep 2013, 08:43
Thanks Ballerina. Yes always good to take anything the Daily Mail produces with a very large pinch of salt! Don't they always love to sensationalise weather and health related topics....
19 Sep 2013, 09:39
I usually only read the readers comments as they are often hilarious, like the article about a couple having sex in a lift and someone wrote....

"Having sex in a lift is wrong on every level!".............you couldn't make it up :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
31 Oct 2013, 17:45
Thought I'd bump this thread @SianS obviously not because I have been a good girl. But feel I am slipping back into my old ways so no more booze mon to thurs. :grin:
31 Oct 2013, 19:47
No booze for me at the moment. I was testing expresso martinis earlier in the week ( on the pre-text of party planning), and then found out they had 4 units of alcohol each......... :grin: I had two :shock: :shock: :shock:
01 Nov 2013, 09:06
Thanks Carrie,
I haven't been a good girl either, although this week has been my best for ages with just small slip on Wednesday. Today is Friday (enough said) though I will try and drink moderately as I know it affects my parkrun on a Saturday.
72 posts Page 5 of 5