The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

72 posts Page 3 of 5
Re: Not drinking alcohol today
05 Sep 2013, 18:35
I'm looking forward to a nice glass of Shiraz tonight. And am fasting tomorrow which IS Friday. Want to hit one of my mini goals by next weekend. So Monday to Thursday it was. But sat and Sunday well who knows. And does anyone else make infused water ?. Its like pimms without the Oomph. Feels a bit more special than diet coke, which I do also drink now and again.
09 Sep 2013, 06:36
Another Week.

Rather embarrassingly I fell off the wagon on Wednesday and Thursday last week, my only excuse being that they were the last two really hot days and we had a BBQ both evenings, and somehow a BBQ calls for a glass of wine.

So here we go again, Not drinking today.
09 Sep 2013, 06:42
Not overdone it as much as usual this weekend. Friday was a disaster and I paid for it with a rubbish nights sleep. Saturday night I was driving so just a couple of glasses when I got home. And last night I successfully limited it to 1/2 bottle. So I felt in control.

Not drinking today as I'm fasting.

Good luck to everyone watching their drinking this week.
09 Sep 2013, 06:47
I'm in on this as well. Fasting today, so no alcohol, then going to try not to have any until Friday. Had a bit over the weekend,, but nothing excessive. I need to break the bad habit of automatically having a cocktail at 5 everyday.
09 Sep 2013, 06:56
Not drinking today after 3 rather booze filled days.
Shamefully really want a glass of wine though but I'm fasting so I won't.
Lil :heart:
09 Sep 2013, 06:57
No drinking today. In fact, no drinking until friday. I drank 2 glasses during lunch yesterday and I fell asleep for 3 hours after that.... It is embarrassing, really.....

carieoates what is infused water ? I know tisanes but I don't think it's the same thing....
09 Sep 2013, 06:59
No drinking for me today. Not drinking Mon to Wed has become a habit now so just have to try and get Thursday to be a drink free evening as well. Know what you mean about the BBQ Sian. OH says you can't cook spag Bol without a glass of wine.
09 Sep 2013, 10:52
I know what you mean about BBQs but we went to one this weekend where he is TT & we discovered the most fabulous aperitif no alcohol, no sugar, no calories !!!

http://www.ricard.fr/marques/anises/_pacific
09 Sep 2013, 10:55
I wont be partaking all week until maybe the weekend if I can be bothered. Went thru all of last week and didnt miss it. Had some yesterday and it was nice but I didnt feel the need to over-indulge. I'm sure this drier period is helping with weightloss too. Long may it continue!
09 Sep 2013, 11:06
"Pacific" without any calorie in it ? I don't know why but I have some trouble to buy this one...... :razz:

I am doing the walk of shame today. I have to bring 2 enormous bags of empty glass containers for recycling and, in these bags, there are a lot of bottles of wine, beer, vodka, whisky.... And I mean it's the majority of it, it makes like 50 bottles in total. :confused:

Sure, I didn't go to the containers since last year (december or so) so it's not a lot, really, but nobody knows that...... :grin:
10 Sep 2013, 06:37
Manderley

Maybe it's what we all need, that walk of shame. In our village the bottle bank is on top of a hill and as you put the bottle in as quietly as possible the noise reverberates around the salle de fête and the whole village. Thank goodness we buy most of our wine in boxes!!
10 Sep 2013, 08:06
I know, you can put the bottles as quietly as possible, it always makes a huge sound when it breaks. Yesterday, I kind of made fun with it and put the bottles with all my strenght :rotfl:
10 Sep 2013, 08:27
I've been fine not drinking alcohol during the week, but this evening I just HAD to taste the lemoncillo I've just made. By "just made" I mean have had seeping for months and months. Just to make sure it's okay of course. (And yes, it is bloody amazing.)
10 Sep 2013, 18:23
I had had a really good week last week and was all set to make it another one when last night husband and I went to dinner after my daughter's parents' evening. I had the best intentions of not having any wine but I let him talk me into it.

Oh well. Not having any today as I'm fasting but I'm a little disgusted with myself. Back on the saddle!

Happy abstaining everyone.
10 Sep 2013, 18:28
KataMac wrote: I've been fine not drinking alcohol during the week, but this evening I just HAD to taste the lemoncillo I've just made. By "just made" I mean have had seeping for months and months. Just to make sure it's okay of course. (And yes, it is bloody amazing.)

Just started making cassis from our blackcurrants...only have to wait 2 weeks before trying it!

I have noted a definite link between wine drinking and weightloss: when I have wine I don't lose weight (but then when I have wine, I tend to have nibbles and probably dessert too). So I'm also going to be on the wagon Mon through Thurs.
72 posts Page 3 of 5