The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

140 posts Page 2 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
Confession is good for the soul, right? I'm not fasting today and took the morning off boot camp, so I ate my planned breakfast. But then....I walked past the kitchen table where DH always has a big chocolate bar. He takes a nibble now and then, but I walked by twice and broke off a big chunk each time! Sigh.......I'll still manage to be under my TDEE for today, but I certainly didn't need that sugar this morning!

I've also been doing a bit of comfort food eating this week. Our temperatures are so bitter cold and this winter is beating us all down. I'm gearing myself up for a strict month of March and also to resume my running in addition to boot camp. I'm a member of an online running group and we are starting "Move your a$$ March" on the 1st! :grin:

Have good days everyone!
Oh @Lori I think you did very well. I'm not sure I would have just eaten 2 squares!
So far I haven't bean too bad on my day off. I did have a little biscuit with my morning coffee (I could have had two but said 'no'). I've just had my favourite: Macaroni cheese followed by Butterscotch Angel Delight...and I pinched a couple of marshmallows on my way upstairs :confused:
I dread to think how many calories are in that little lot, but I shall try and be good until supper :wink:
How are the rest of you doing on your day off :?:
I didn't have cake when out for coffee with my friend, woohoo! I knew that we were having a calorie heavy evening, so resisted, then ran out of time for lunch! Just got home and wolfed a bowl of prawn crackers. Idiot.
@nursebean it's ages since I had mac cheese... We had intended to try a new recipe for Butternut Squash Macaroni cheese this evening, but just found we're out of onion, and not enough milk :doh: so we're going to have fish and chips instead! And we have some little almond sponge fairy cakes that we are having warmed up for pudding with cream (left over from yesterday's beef stroganoff). Hmm, I wonder what MFP will say... Maybe we will share a portion of chips, I'm not mad keen on them anyway... :bugeyes:
@golarne well done on resisiting cake..i' m sure the prawn crackers are less damaging calwise x
I resisted chocolate and peanut butter cake tho i bought some for others..i will deffo have it another time tho( maybe share a slice)
I also resisted buying chocco hot x buns ...but i will deffo buy them,probably at the weekend. I doubt i can wait til Easter! X
This is a fabulous idea as I have way more problems with non fast days than I do with fasting !

So right now 7pm I am still stuck in the office because the traffic through Dorking is solid due to road works and road restrictions that went in after I arrived this morning .. I've had a rotten day been beaten up by the world and his wife and I really want to go home but rather than hit the snack machine I shall come and talk to you guys here :smile:

So as its a non fast day I have had 770 of my 1650 cals ... I had a couple of baby bel cheeses and some honey roast ham for breakfast , I eat breakfast at my desk so it has to be portable ! Spicy Noodles and a sneaky small bag of hula hoops for lunch , a handful of nuts and raisins ( I have firmly paper clipped the bag up now !) and a buckwheat and corn cake ( a bit like a rice cake but perhaps even more tasteless !)

If I ever get out of this town tonight I have a lovely veggie risotto waiting for me at home for 322 cals and spare cals for a treat but when you have given up cake, chocolate, biscuits and pickles for Lent its hard to find a treat :grin:
Oh poor @Redrobin it sounds as though you've had a hell of a day. But what a trooper you are! You've got everything worked out today. It sounds as though you've bean really good. Well done! I don't tend to count my calories on a non-fast day which I guess is a bit foolish...but I've only had a few marshmallows today :confused:
Candy! @Candicemarie I am flabberghasted! I was so sure you were going to go and get some chocolate hot x buns today. You were positively drooling last night at the thought. Well don you! xx
And now I leave you all (well the computer seems slow tonight) to go and watch Bake Off. We all have our own guilty little pleasures :wink:
I know@nursebean Beanikins...me and DD always have a hot cross bun with some Easter egg at easter so we know its a fab combo! I think i can only last out til the weekend without buying some choccy buns x
Right,over n out,night night all xx Image Image Image
Well it's the morning after, I don't calculate calories on a normal day just try to eat well. I ended up at a Lebonese restaurant last night. The three of us ordered the banquet for three people that I now know has enough food for many many more. It was all yummy so I'm sure I ate too much, my saving grace was that they don't have their alcohol licence yet so I just drank water. Fasting today so I hope that helps.
@Wineoclock - I'm very jealous. There's no Lebanese food anywhere near me and it's fantastic. I used to get it all the time when I lived near Seattle Sigh.

Golarne - I made a fabulous butternut squash macaroni and cheese that my son requests all the time. Basically, it's just normal macaroni and cheese, but I peel, cube and roast a butternut squash (hot oven, 425F until the cubes are browning nicely). Sometimes I also caramelize an onion on the stovetop in a little bit of butter until it's also browning nicely. Then I mix that into the mac and cheese mixture before I put it in the oven. :-)

I think I've done fairly well today. I ate breakfast *before* going grocery shopping, so I bought less naughty things for sure :-) I got some pineapple and some raspberries, so that's dessert solved for tonight.
:frown: oh, no, two of my posts have not made it to this thread :cry: Not sure what's happening. Never mind, I have my Horlicks in hand and I'll be climbing the stairs to sleep. :sleepy:
I guesstimate my TDEE (1330) and today I'm sure I succeeded. I look forward to looking back at this thread and wish everyone a good day tomorrow. :clover: :heart: :victory:
PS: @nursebean I saw cherios at a Nisa store and thought of you! How bonkers is that? You are a box of cherios to me :wink: Big box discounted for £1.29 - half price
I'm fasting today, but I spent a lot of time avoiding this thread yesterday because I was being so bad. I think I wasn't quite ready to get back in the swing of things, work-wise and diet-wise. Also I haven't properly been to the grocery store since getting back from my trip. Ho hum. excuses excuses. I need to go to the gym, too.
Happy Saturday everyone. I need some motivation to get some walking in. Since it's still ridiculously cold outside, I may take myself to the mall. We have a mall not too far away that is 1 mile if you walk inside from one end to the other and back. Since it has two floors, that's an easy way to get 2 miles in.

I also am glad the Valentine's candy is nearly gone. I had four pieces yesterday, which was 2 or 3 too many, but an improvement over what I did the week after valentine's :blush:
Happy Saturday @TracieKnits my a 2 mile mall walk - not in the UK :wink: I'm off to walk up and over the hill to the shops for groceries. It's a night in this evening and I always make an effort to cook a special dinner at the weekends if we stay home. This may not hit the spot for some but as a low sugar gal I'm going to give this a whirl (love sweet potatoes). Shame she does not state the calories.
http://deliciouslyella.com/recipe/vegan ... uten-free/
Those look really interesting,@Lizbean!! You can input the recipe to this calorie calculator and find out for yourself about the calories: http://www.caloriecount.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

The thing I'm looking forward to most about springtime is the fact I'll be able to walk my neighborhood again. We have a 1 mile loop we can walk that has two good hills on it. Believe me, i'd rather do that than a mallwalk!!
Yesterday we walked round a zoo for 3 hours and today alongside a river for an hour. Trouble is my back is now aching horribly, having come back and ironed too, most off putting. Not properly well still from that rotten bronchitis bug.
There's strawberries and cream to prepare for a treat but I just want to sit now!
My only carbs today so far was an unripe banana with my 'free' coffee in Waitrose :0)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
140 posts Page 2 of 10