The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

117 posts Page 5 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Re: Our Wild Winter Challenge
22 Jun 2015, 04:06
WWC#6. Fasting today but so far I have not managed to bring my chart to head down. Will keep at it and I guess thats all I can do. I had my son and family down with us for week from North and having them at home with grandchildren it is hard to keep fasting. But I am fasting today, gone to a yoga session and only had a coffee for lunch. Hope I can keep it up(down I should say) for the rest of the day. Good luck to all WWC members and Monday fasters :clover: : :wink:
22 Jun 2015, 04:58
@Sallyo I thought you'd be down in Hobart trying to warm up doing the winter solstice nudie swim :bugeyes: 1C out of the water 11C in water :razz: crazy Taswegians :grin:
22 Jun 2015, 11:52
hi fellow WWCers, well it is pretty wild in Melbourne tonight - the cold wind is howling! And I'm at the end of my fasting day, finishing off by watching repeat of the lovely Dr M on SBS on NEAT and HIIT - enough to get me off the couch & onto my fitball. It has been tough today, very hungry at times, but I've also completed my fifth HIIT session in a sequence. My lovely dinner of salmon & veges & half an avocado went down without touching the sides really. I think it's a combo of the fasting, HIIT and lower carb, but my BGL just now is 3.9, just a bit too low for comfort, because I find often it disturbs my sleep by being in the low 4s and 3s. Oh well, bless the melatonin, we'll see how we go - if you find me on the forums at a god-awful local time, you'll know what's happened.

Can I ask where is your winter refuge, @sallyo? And I find myself inspired to try for the Dark Mofo next year, including the skinny dip!!

warm (or cool) wishes - depending on your location, for those of us fasting today! Sleep well for the Aussies, and hope you have a good day in other time zones!

#13 WWC signing out
24 Jun 2015, 00:29
welcome back @jools7, its lovely to see you around again. I always enjoyed your posts.
WW challenger #4 checking in. Good news, I've lost 1.2 kgs since the start of our challenge. I'm very happy about that. I haven't been walking as much as I hoped so I'll work oñ that. School holidays ( for me too) coming up so I'll aim to walk in the middle of the day when its warm. I've got a Katmandu sale catalogue Sally and I was just looking at the duck down jackets. I'm glad you're nice and warm on your walks now.
Well done @GMH you'll be back to goal in no time.
About to take 16 year old son to doctors. He has depression and anxiety and we had another episode last night. He was meant to do a board of studies English task today but I yptalked to his English teacher and she said if the doctors certificate can state he is unable to do the task then she can just tick a box and he won't have to do it. So that's a relief. Poor little mite.
Xxx julianna
24 Jun 2015, 07:08
thanks, @julianna. I love your avatar, I'm sure it's new since I last saw you here.

Tough when our kids are in tough spots, you just want to make it better for them, but sometimes it's beyond our ability to do so. Hope he gets through in a way that's good for him!
24 Jun 2015, 07:43
Just gatecrashing to say hello to @Jools7 lovely to see you.
And of, course, good luck to all the challengers
:clover:
24 Jun 2015, 09:25
thanks so much, @janeg, for the warm welcome! and "bonnie Scotland"?? what happened to the Middle East, did you swap spots with @debs??
24 Jun 2015, 14:01
We've moved home @Jools7 and loving it.
Debs hit Qatar after I left the ME.
27 Jun 2015, 13:45
Hello Winter Challengers. I've been away from the internet for the past week but I'm back now. The house was getting re-plastered and we moved out. Our Winter Retreat was near Ulverstone, on the Leven River. It was very beautiful, looking out on the river, through a patch of melaleucas. The river is still tidal at that point so it was nice to see it rising and falling over the day. Home now. OH's health seems to be improving, slightly. He has started treatment for sleep apnea and that seems to help. He is less tired in the day. But we are still sleeping on the Ikea sofa bed which is ok, but narrow and he is still learning how to manage the CPAP equipment so sleep is not ideal. I fasted today, Saturday, as I didn't on Thursday. Didn't want to fast while I was away from home. walking not happening this week. Well done, all you wild challengers who have lost weight. I haven't put any on so i have to be happy with that.
28 Jun 2015, 08:28
No, @julianna. Tomorrow the painter comes. That will be very exciting as we get to see the brave colours we have chosen on the walls. Then the carpenter returns to do architraves, skirting boards, built in cupboards, and then the floor sander comes to do the floors. Another 2 weeks at least of camping in the house.

WENT FOR A WALK!
Apple pie for dinner tonight. Fast day tomorrow.
30 Jun 2015, 04:34
Welcome back @jools7 - missed you lovely lady, not that I have been on here much lately. :lol:

I have been away in my hometown of Adelaide for the last five weeks, both my parents have gone from hospital into an aged care place - it's all done and I am glad to be back home here in Melbs. I will need to go back in several weeks time, but just to do a bit more clearing up of a few things. :smile:

Do you want to catch up for a coffee/lunch Jools? Perhaps @carmel42 and @sassy1 can join us and whoever else is in Melbs? Perhaps PM when you have a spare moment. :smile:

I didn't fast whilst away, but I am fasting today - forgot all about it yesterday - I am still limiting my sugar and starchy foods - some days are better than others. :oops:

Once again, great to have you back on here. :heart:

cheers
Maggie :smile: :smile:
30 Jun 2015, 13:01
Hi @Maggiee,, great to see you back fasting. Cold night here tonight, 2 degrees outside, but 21 degrees inside our well insulated house! Colours went on yesterday and the green is a bit shocking. OH was dead against it but let me have my way. Now he is coming around. It will all look different when there are curtains and furniture. I went for a walk again today. I'm not going on really big walks, but just taking the opportunity when it comes along. I love non fast days. Keep the faith, wild ones.
02 Jul 2015, 00:43
Hey Kiwis and Aussies, any fasters today? I'm fasting. There's snow on the mountains not far from me but I'm keeping warm and keeping busy.
02 Jul 2015, 05:10
Hi@sallyo, its great you keep a check on wwc's. Yes I am fasting today. The first day I got up from a terrible fever and stomach upset. I guess it was a bug picked up from my grandchildren visiting. The upside is my weight has dropped. I know it won't stay like this after few normal days but for the moment I can enjoy the number. :clover:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
117 posts Page 5 of 8