The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 10 of 60
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 60 Next
juliebulie10 wrote: Hello Juliana,

I have a question please.....

* Will we be getting on the scales weekly, every Wednesday (as the start day is a wednesday) as if so, I will need to plan to have a fast day on a Tuesday (NEVER get on the scales after a feed day!!)

thanks so much,

JB x

That's fine Julie, i have the same strategy. i never weigh after a feast day. I mentioned Fridays in one of my earlier posts but i know sometimes this wont suit. the same day each week is probs a good idea just to get into the rhythm and have a uniform time interval. hopefully to see some pounds each week of loss.
Hi Juliana, #20 here to state my goals:

Goal: Lose 5 lbs
Method: 4:3
Extras: Low carb (20 - 30gr on fast days and 75 - 100gr on feast days) plus walking for 1 hour 5 days per week.
I am an extremely slow loser, so let's hope this works.
Member 26 @SSure
Method: 4:3 or ADF
My challenge is to maintain my weight within bounds post the upcoming surgeries after which I'll be abruptly sedentary. I may need to modify my fasting schedule to ADF rather than 4:3 if my weight starts to move upwards.
My extra challenge is to incorporate One Moment Meditation into my daily routine. (There's a website of the same name.)
I'm back after a summer break, and have been rewarded for strict 5-2-ing the past few weeks with a few pounds lost, so feeling optimistic. Having said that, last year I was TOO optimistic and got nowhere near my goal. This year let's say my 'ideal' goal is to break the 11 stone barrier (I'm currently 11st 4lbs.) So I guess that means 5lbs loss. I'm just going to do 5:2 but missing breakfast on at least 2 other days of the week. Thanks for setting the challenge @Juliana.Rivers, and good luck to us all! :clover: :heart:
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
faith wrote: Hi I would like to join :victory:

No worries, do you know what your goal will be for the 12 weeks. and ill put in post 1

My goals is to lose 15 lbs
Method to achieve this is i will follow 4:3
I will drink 8 cups of water per day and walk x3 per week

Thank you Juliana for this challenge, i am excited to start :wink
My goal weight is 65kg
I will do th 5:2,i have 300 cl on fast days and 1200 or less on the 5 days,and between 50 and 100 carbs every day it has been working so far but if I plato I will cut more carbs
Eeek, it's the end of September already, how did that happen?

My goals - 1st goal is to get down to the lower end of my maintenance weight of 62 kilos, I'm currently hovering around 63.5/64, so that's about 2 kilos to lose. Then I must stay at that weight!

My extra - I have 2 which I've started on already - 1 is to do some exercise daily, and the second is to cut out excess sugar (e.g. be careful of products with sugar added, no sugar on fast days, limit refined carbs...) but not in an obsessive way!
Julieshaun wrote: My goal weight is 65kg
I will do th 5:2,i have 300 cl on fast days and 1200 or less on the 5 days,and between 50 and 100 carbs every day it has been working so far but if I plato I will cut more carbs
Hi there, @Julieshaun - probably a discussion that should be on your 'introduction' thread but I can't see one for you - are you very small or quite elderly to have such a low TDEE? Is the 1200kcals on your 5 non-fast days your TDEE or additional calorie restriction on top of the kcal deficit from the fast days?

I wonder if you'd find it straightforward to cut the carbs further if you plateau on that low a kcal/food intake. :?:

ETA: I'll copy this there - I didn't understand your 300 calories post and didn't realise it's effectively your introduction. My post: post203084.html#p203084
@Juliana.Rivers No 5 My Christmas challenge is to lose 10lb and try and keep jogging at least 1 hour a week in sessions. This should take me to 182lb which is near to my target.
Good to see you@lizzieh well done on yr 5:2 ing! X
Goal - 4.5 lb loss
Method - 5:2
Extra - exercise (she grimaces). At least weekly exercise.

Well, I lost 4lb on the Spring into Fall challenge so lets aim for 1/2 lb more. That will get me under the next stone marker, which would be great. Last year I started eating more in late November so I hope to be more vigilant this year...
I am in with a goal of IF 5:2 with reduced sugar and 3/7 gym
Member # 21 making up my mind @Juliana.Rivers.
For the Christmas Challenge I hope to get to my ever elusive goal of GOAL :grin: ; i.e. to 140 lb/10 stone/63.6 kg. As of today, that involves losing 9 pounds....so that's it, lose 9 pounds likely using 5:2, low carb but may tweak that.

I'm in :like:
Hi Juliana.
Slimmer #23 here. I have finally decided to set my goal at 11 lbs! I know that is very optimistic and also I didn't reach my last challenge goal, however, I would love to get down to 14 st 13 lbs before I go off to USA for Christmas!
Extras : to continue low carbing ( it suits my inside!) 2 or 3 fasts per week and 16:8 on other days. I also will try to reduce the amount of wine I drink and get back into regular daily walking again.
Oh dear, it sounds such a lot!!
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 10 of 60