The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 7 of 60
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 60 Next
I need this challenge in my life right now! I started fasting at the beginning of the year, and lost nearly a stone, but numerous stressful changes in my life I have slipped the past month. Right now I have a bad back and a horrendous cold from the kids going back to school, so 1st October sounds ideal to start. I am not weighing myself until the morning of 1st October, and I will set my goal at that point. But I need to exercise more, so I aim to do a workout of a minimum 1/2 hour five out of 7 days. Thanks and I look forward to the support of the group to help me. Excited!!
Welcome to this great forum @TracyAndaluz Well done on choosing 5:2 as your new WOL and the very best of luck getting back on track starting with this Christmas challenge :clover:
Have a good read around love this forum as do the members are all so very lovely, oohh nearly forgot measure everywhere now.
:heart: :heart: Sue
Welcome@TracyAndaluz!
Many of us slip backwards, me included,but every day is a new chance to get back on track!
Hope you soon get over that miserable cold xx
CandiceMarie wrote: 57 members JR! Wow!
@nursebeanor @lizbean should have that number :lol:
Xx

@CandiceMarie
Ha! Only two beans to go to goal .....
Hi Juliana, I'd like to join in the Christmas Challenge. I've just recently restarted the 5.2, I lost ten kgs last year but have regained it all since January 14 because firstly, my daughter had a serious accident on January 1st then in April I was diagnosed with a cyst on my spine and underwent surgery in June. I and my daughter are now well on the way to recovery so it's time to take control again. Thankyou for starting this challenge, I like the feeling of being part of a group. My goal would be to lose 5 kgs by Christmas and I will start out doing 5.2 but if the weight loss is slow I'll switch to 4.3. My extra would be to only drink wine on a Saturday and to make sure I do a walk (5km) on fast days that way I'll definitely walk at least twice a week. C x
Hey! Have I missed something? :confused:
I am ready for this! I will do a 5:2 fast, following a strict Paleo Diet, hoping to get back into my size 10 clothes.
Welcome@jeannecmt and best of luck with yr challenge xx :clover:
I'm in! I'm currently 75k and am setting a lofty goal of 65k, which is almost 2lbs a week. I am doing an extra challenge to drink 4L a day. Can't wait to get started!
Deirdreg wrote: Would like to sign up for this challenge but not sure how to go about it???? :heart:

Hi @Deirdreg and welcome ..all you need to do to sign up is ..
Post on the thread that you're going to join in..
and add how much you will aim to lose by the end of the challenge..
plus any little extra challenge you wish to give yrself along the way ..for instance..i won't drink wine/ will just have 100 g of carbs per day/ will give up chocs..
It's up to you...just keep it realistic so you don't make it too stressful for yrself..
For example, i changed my original challenge from lose a lb a week to lose 5 lbs overall..
plus i didnt add any extra challenges..
This is coz i have struggled so much for many months that i need to be ultra realistic in what i can do..and a five lb loss is better than no loss,or gaining more! :wink:
nursebean wrote: Hey! Have I missed something? :confused:

@nursebean..it's only that on the previous page,i said that you or lizbean should be number 57! X
I'm in please!

Goal tbc but I would like to get back to my pre-summer 5:2 weight in time for christmas as I have spent too much time feasting and not enough fasting! :frown:
Welcome to the forum, @Minniemills, @TracyAndaluz, @jeannecmt and @Allthatglitters. I'd like to invite you to post in the "Introduce Yourself" forum so everyone can give you a proper welcome :-)

introduce-yourself-f1/
Sign me up please. Still on my hols at the mo so will come up with goals etc. when we get back later this week & before the challenge starts. Thinking of giving up the added sugar but my gym man keeps on at me to try giving up all grains. I chat to him on Friday about it.

My efforts at the Spring Into Fall challenge were an absolute disaster what with DH's heart attack by way of a distraction. So hoping to do better at this challenge.

Thank you for setting it up Juliana.
Hi @patchworkperson!x
Yes i miserably failed the spring into fall too..but not with as good reason as you..:0(
We can do it this time Patchy! X hope OH has recovered well? X
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 7 of 60