The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 8 of 60
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 60 Next
Would love to join this. I've fallen off the wagon for a good 6 months now. So as of today, I'm back on.
Goal: 10lbs. by Christmas
Method: 5:2 and lots of exercise!
[quote="jensen"]Goal: 68kg by Christmas (5kg loss)
Method: 5:2 + low carb on non fast days

Also doing Stoptober so cutting out alcohol will deffinately be a good way to kick start weightloss./quote]

Hi @jensen.. you are officially member 59, welcome aboard.
Is Stoptober a big thing where you are. ?
Patchworkperson wrote: Sign me up please. Still on my hols at the mo so will come up with goals etc. when we get back later this week & before the challenge starts. Thinking of giving up the added sugar but my gym man keeps on at me to try giving up all grains. I chat to him on Friday about it.

My efforts at the Spring Into Fall challenge were an absolute disaster what with DH's heart attack by way of a distraction. So hoping to do better at this challenge.

Thank you for setting it up Juliana.

Your welcome @patchworkperson. You take care now. And all the best for your goals.
Wow.. another 10 challenge seekers overnight! had trouble with my net connection last night so havent posted any replies.
Thanks to @candicemarieand @Sue.Q for keeping the welcoming going here especially to the people new to the forum or those "restarting"

since last count.. we welcome in

Member 58: @Hanayuki
Member 59: @Jensen
Member 60: @TracyAndaluz
Member 61: @swisscal
Member 62: @jeannecmt
Member 63: @Allthatglitters
Member 64: @minniemills
Member 65: @Patchworkperson
Member 66: @agmartin
Member 67: @megsmum

The buildup of excitement to begin is really growing. its the 23rd September now so only a week to go for us to take the scales out of their dusty place, to get an accurate "starting point" and perhaps a measuring tape. been ages since i did that. its gonna be scary for me as i know my waistline has grown somewhat

Wednesday next will not be too far away. That's a feed day for me but its no extra sugar for me which im kind of looking forward to. Im hoping the little bit of sugar in mints is allowed as i was fasting yesterday and really missed the mints to keep my mind of any nibbling.
I noticed that there arent many maintainers in the challenge group yet. Wondering if, even if you are at your ideal weight you can do some "extras" related to fitness and toning your body and make that your key objective. Without the excess weight I am sure it will be something you can consider.
Hi Everyone, I'm, too, ready to join the Challenge.
My goal is to lose 6 lbs, current way just below 141 lbs through 5:2 dieting and 16:8, if all goes as planned. As the extra-curricular challenge, I'll forego the red wine with dinner... to ambitious, you think?
Hello All,
I'd like to join you on the Christmas challenge too.
I have a target of 3 kilos to lose to get to goal weight. That would be my perfect Christmas present to myself.
Losing something .... I have been working pretty hard to get my eating and habits right but I would like to cut added salt intake on fast days as I seem to add salt to many foods on fast days (weird because I don't do that on regular eating days).
Let's DO THIS!
Kelly
x
Hi, yes please, I'd like to register.
My aim will be to cut back on drinking alcohol; as having a tipple, and then several drinks more, is becoming too regular a thing!
I'm going ski-ing in January so have already embarked on increased exercise regime, which I'll be continuing with. I will weigh and set my goals on the 1st.
Thanks for setting up the challenge!
I hope I'm registering in the right place as this is my first post! I'm adding this challenge to my Ocsober/Test the Teacher Callanetics challenge in October. As a Callanetics teacher, I'm testing myself and will do 31 days of Callanetics in October, along with giving up alcohol as part of Ocsober. I'm running a competition on my In Tune Callanetics page to guess how many cms I'll lose over the course of the month. My goal for the challenge overall is to lose 7kgs by 20 December, and I'm going to have very low carbs on Fast Days, and moderate carbs on other days. For me, it's the spuds/bread/cake/rice/crackers that puts on the weight. Good luck all!
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
jensen wrote: Goal: 68kg by Christmas (5kg loss)

Also doing Stoptober so cutting out alcohol will deffinately be a good way to kick start weightloss./quote]

Im in London and it is deffinately bigger this year than it was last year. I did dry January earlier this year and it really helped me reach my fitness goals. I have friends who are doing it so even though they are not fasting or have any weightless goals it will still be good support as we won't be spending as much time (or money) in the pub.
Wow more newbies! Good to see you @qwerky@kelly25-tr@jensenand @gosia and@wiltshire jox
great to meet you all!
good luck with the challenge :clover: ! X
If you have time,pls visit
chat-f12/how-did-you-choose-your-user-name-t11231-165.html
And let us know how you chose yr usernames!
Gosia wrote: Hi Everyone, I'm, too, ready to join the Challenge.
My goal is to lose 6 lbs, current way just below 141 lbs through 5:2 dieting and 16:8, if all goes as planned. As the extra-curricular challenge, I'll forego the red wine with dinner... to ambitious, you think?

welcome aboard @Gosia.. ( member number is 68 ) .. 6lbs in the 12 weeks is a fine goal to make. I guess it depends on how much you have to lose and where you are at in the 5:2 way of life but if this is your start the early pounds are easy.. ... so yeah let's do it.
qwerky wrote: I hope I'm registering in the right place as this is my first post! I'm adding this challenge to my Ocsober/Test the Teacher Callanetics challenge in October. As a Callanetics teacher, I'm testing myself and will do 31 days of Callanetics in October, along with giving up alcohol as part of Ocsober. I'm running a competition on my In Tune Callanetics page to guess how many cms I'll lose over the course of the month. My goal for the challenge overall is to lose 7kgs by 20 December, and I'm going to have very low carbs on Fast Days, and moderate carbs on other days. For me, it's the spuds/bread/cake/rice/crackers that puts on the weight. Good luck all!

Hi @qwerky.. yes you are registering in the right place. See post 1 in this thread.. you are member number 71! you have so many challenge friends to help spur you on. Yes. those spuds, bread , cake and rice crackers can be evil unless done very moderately. i love potato in any way and have so many recipes in my portfolio but i can only eat them on non fast days and try to do so in moderation. Tell us more about "Teacher Callanetics"
Attention all MEN ... WHERE ARE YOU?

there is a disproportionate number of women in the Christmas challenge. we need some males for encouragement and fun.. lol :grin: :grin: :grin:
Jensen wrote:
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
jensen wrote: Goal: 68kg by Christmas (5kg loss)

Im in London and it is deffinately bigger this year than it was last year. I did dry January earlier this year and it really helped me reach my fitness goals. I have friends who are doing it so even though they are not fasting or have any weightless goals it will still be good support as we won't be spending as much time (or money) in the pub.

@JensenYep cutting alcohol is always good. In our household, it's down to only on a "Gourmet Saturday".. reckon we collectively save about $50 a week, $200 a month just from that alone! plus the health of our liver compared to pre 5:2.
And in Australia we have a big new law .. a lockout across most of Sydney anyway after 1am.. you cant get into pubs and clubs .. this helps to discourage the young louts heading out to make trouble... resulted in one very sad death here in Sydney (RIP Thomas Kelly) http://thomaskellyyouthfoundation.org.au/

Long story though I didn't know Thomas, the tragedy hit me personally. And I continue to think about it. (another long story)
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 8 of 60