The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 13 of 60
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 60 Next
I have started successfully in Feb 13. About a year ago not sure what happend but started on a downward spiral. Health has not been great! But I am back again and determined to make a real go of this. My goal is to lose 12 pounds on 4:3 and 18;6 on non fast days. I will be 50 in 2 weeks! I owe it to myself for health reasons. I will give up chocolate (except options low cal drinking variety!) and crisps. I will also endeavour to use myfitnessl to log my intake.
I do pilates and would like to embark upon walking at least 2 times a week. The main thing is to increase my water consumption too.
I found this forum a godsend last time & hope to be a regular user. Wish me luck!!
Dear ,@Juliana.RiversHere are my details. Can you edit this on your list on post 1 over what I first put in? Thank you for organising all this.
My add-ons to 5:2 and daily 16:8 for this challenge are tackling sugar and all carbs by counting and monitoring. Fruit kept in moderation but cakes, biscuits, toast, any pastry, chocolate, wine and desserts out. Have already been trying this out with success at last. It bodes well for trying to reach my goal.
Goal to touch on 126 lbs (9 stones).
Weight today 134 lbs. 8 pounds to lose.
minniemills wrote: Hi Julianna - just checking you got my updated goals. See below - many thanks.

Hi, number 64 back with my goals...!

Goal: 5lb weight loss (hopefully more)
Method: 5:2, low carb every day, one cheat day (16:8) a week
Extra challenge: I'm aiming for 4 alcohol-free days a week

Will weigh myself on Wednesday 1st October for starting weight.

Thank you Juliana and good luck everyone!

Goal: 5lb weight loss (hopefully more)
Method: 5:2, low carb every day, one cheat day (16:8) a week
Extra challenge: I'm aiming for 4 alcohol-free days a week

Will weigh myself on Wednesday 1st October for starting weight.

Thank you Juliana and good luck everyone!

all update now :-) @minniemills all the best!
Katharina wrote: Dear ,@Juliana.RiversHere are my details. Can you edit this on your list on post 1 over what I first put in? Thank you for organising all this.
My add-ons to 5:2 and daily 16:8 for this challenge are tackling sugar and all carbs by counting and monitoring. Fruit kept in moderation but cakes, biscuits, toast, any pastry, chocolate, wine and desserts out. Have already been trying this out with success at last. It bodes well for trying to reach my goal.
Goal to touch on 126 lbs (9 stones).
Weight today 134 lbs. 8 pounds to lose.

Sounds like a plan @Katharina post 1 updated! all the best!
Lianne K Douglas wrote: Hi @ssure I'll have a look at that thanks x
Hello again, @Lianne K Douglas - did @Juliana.Rivers issue you with a membership number? :)
Debs wrote: Hi there , Juliana, I am already #34, I just committed myself to some actions!

ooopsy.. fixed @debs
Lianne K Douglas wrote: My goal is to lose a stone by Christmas, 5:2 style & my challenge is to eat clean so no gluten, little added sugar, no cow dairy (goats/ sheep milk cheese/ yogurt & non dairy milk) non- processed food. 1 daddy cheat (meal) & 1 baby cheat (smaller cheat) per week
This is exciting!

ooops sorry missed you in the heat of it all. you are member 90! @Lianne K Douglas

good luck
If you have registered on this or any other thread.. let me know if you haven't got a number allocated.. 90 is a lot of people!.. so exciting!
I'm starting today. It looks like I got here at a good time.

Goal: 11 stone (currently 12'2).
Method: 5:2, long walks.
Extra: Cut down on meat. Cook more often.

Cooking more often is important for me, because it's easier to make good choices. The takeaway is my great temptation. Cooking is also a good skill to develop, and I'd like to feel at Christmas that I've not just lost weight but learned something. Less round, more well-rounded...
Can I join also?
I have a habit of joining these challenges, doing good and then letting the bad habits creep back in...self sabotage maybe??
Got within 1.4 kg of my ultimate goal in August then I let it all slide! I just wasn't managing 2 fasts a week, barely one and was mega over eating on feast days :( I haven't weighed myself don't think I did too much damage but ultimate goal is 62.9. Will weigh this week then I will know how much I have to loose.
Hi member #35 here, not sure if I'm supposed to post this here but my official start weight is 90.3 kg so just over 5kg to my Christmas goal weight
Antonio wrote: I'm starting today. It looks like I got here at a good time. ..
Cooking more often is important for me, because it's easier to make good choices.... I'd like to feel at Christmas that I've not just lost weight but learned something. Less round, more well-rounded...
Welcome, @Antonio - @Juliana.Rivers will be delighted there's another chap participating in the Christmas Challenge.

I like the way you expressed that last thought about expanding your cooking opportunities so that you become, "Less round, more well-rounded". :)

This is a friendly and helpful forum and I'm sure people would like to read an introductory post about you so that they can greet you and answer any questions that you might have. You might post your introduction in a dedicated thread?
introduce-yourself-f1/

Good Luck with achieving your goals and with integrating fasting into your life. :clover:
niamo wrote: Can I join also?
Got within 1.4 kg of my ultimate goal in August then I let it all slide!...Will weigh this week then I will know how much I have to loose.
Greetings, @niamo - golly, @Juliana.Rivers is running a successful sign-up challenge. :)

Juliana may need you to weigh quite soon so that you can declare the goals etc. you would like to achieve by Dec. 20 (as per pg 1 of this thread)?

The odd slide here and there is to be expected - it's no big deal as long as we learn what we can from it (if anything: e.g., I need a maintenance strategy that takes me to my goal and keeps me cruising for a few months), put it behind us and move on.

Best wishes for achieving those goals :)
Please sign me up for this challenge.
Method: 5:2 Monday and Thursday. Exercise 2-3 times a week
Goal: 4 kilos
Hello. My goal is to get to 9 stone by xmas. will weigh tomorrow (1st oct) for starting weight. I think it is about 1 stone. I'm sick of going up and down between 9 stone 3 and 9 stone 12 all the time so am trying 5.2 to finally kick this extra weight and get back into my clothes.
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 13 of 60