The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 106 of 111
Previous 1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 111 Next
Started doing a tally and got to member 15 and have decided to wait till Jan 31. A few good members that reported in their progress like @wendyjane, @Nicky_94, @Isis, @PaulyBoy @betsysgr8, @lil, @Denwoman, @coffeetime, @minumonline, @Auriga, @Azureblue, @carorees, @Chickvic, @Sue.Q, @lizzieh, @judithn and a few others. Thanks so much peeps!

but with my 15 or so sample it seems that Christmas really did have an impact and 3 weeks later people are still not moved from pre Christmas weight or indeed higher.

No drama, most people are quite calm about this and either have joined Valentines club for a new challenge or have clearly given themselves a few more weeks.

so best i wait till end month..

As i didnt have the sense to do what Auriga did in the Valentines club to post the goals in post 1 list, im not sure without going back to your first request to joing just what your goal was so im not sure if or when you will go green

if you have gone green during the time between now and then, please let me now for some group hugs

If you havent made that pre christmas target.. keep going . if your on a big Valentines challenge please report in there but maybe early Feb, please tell us how you are going generally

still 32 have made it.. will try for some more real soon now. :grin: :grin: :grin: .
:heart: Thanks @Juliana.Rivers I have reported a 1kg loss this week but that's the one I gained over xmas!!!! however I will report in at the end of the month but my xmas goal + going green very unlikely :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I have learned a lot over xmas and will be better armed for the next one. Thank-you for all your hard work :heart: :heart:
Coming in at 10st 13lbs today, hurrah but tomorrow will be back up boing BOING!
Wow you're still plugging away Juliana. Thanks for all of your hard work. I fell below target by 2lb, but then I had my op which really messed things up. What with Xmas, hubs, cooking, me not active I put 4lb back on. I am now losing my Xmas /surgery weight, so all good I suppose.
It's been a first Xmas for nearly all here on 5.2, I think we've all learnt a lesson or two about ourselves. :oops:
Azureblue wrote: Coming in at 10st 13lbs today, hurrah but tomorrow will be back up boing BOING!

i know the boing boing thing with weight thats for sure. at least i havent seen 71kg for a long time. im continuously between 71.4 and 71.9 with the lower end only just after a fast.

thanks for checking in and you only have 800g to go! Yes you have been through a lot so take it easy.
carieoates wrote: Wow you're still plugging away Juliana. Thanks for all of your hard work. I fell below target by 2lb, but then I had my op which really messed things up. What with Xmas, hubs, cooking, me not active I put 4lb back on. I am now losing my Xmas /surgery weight, so all good I suppose.
It's been a first Xmas for nearly all here on 5.2, I think we've all learnt a lesson or two about ourselves. :oops:

Yeah. last night i nearly decided to close the club and then i thought.. no. its just the Christmas/New year blip up. and its important that i see at least 50 people go green. for me, 32 people reaching target is fantastic, but it isnt enough especially when im not one of them! :grin:

Yes as you say, its all good.

I really dont think anyone did too much damage over Christmas and it does prove that more calorie intake leads to more weight so if we were all a scientific experiment, then we have confirm the results.

What i did learn from Christmas is that if you set a goal for Christmas, you will be at that weight for Christmas or a little more, say 10% and you probably need till end Jan to get back to where you were at say Dec 20. or even Dec 15 cause the nibblies seem to enter our fridges about that time, and then theres the parties.

so i have a feeling the club will be continuing till at least end Feb! and if it gets irritating for anyone, just dont open the thread :-)

keep going @CarieOates!
Christmas Club Member No 109 checking in one more time. Only for you@Juliana.Rivers and for the good of the group...because the number is quite good. :cool:

Yesterday a.m. as I was running to the airport to fly to Florida, my weight was....drumroll....158.9 lb :victory: It means I have passed my original goal for Xmas to be below 160 lb. So I. Have lost an additional 2.1 lb from my secondary goal that was 162 which is the one posted in the stats.
I.e. Total loss in Chrissie Club 3.3 kg

I am going on one of the largest cruise ships in the world (Oasis of the Seas) in about 6 hours with about 6000 other people and will return home MUCH heavier in a week. So no more weighing in for me for a while. It would hurt our stats :wink:

See ya later,alligator (I am in Florida after all). Judith
A rather irritated member 88 reporting in. I have stayed the same!! :confused: I have been 4:3ing averaging 1300 calories over the week so should have lost something. But this is the first time this has happened to me when I know for certain that I haven't been guesstimating what I have eaten.
Congratulations Judith & have a wonderful time on your cruise :smile: even if you do gain some weight you know how to lose it now!
judithn wrote: Christmas Club Member No 109 checking in one more time. Only for you@Juliana.Rivers and for the good of the group...because the number is quite good. :cool:

Yesterday a.m. as I was running to the airport to fly to Florida, my weight was....drumroll....158.9 lb :victory: It means I have passed my original goal for Xmas to be below 160 lb. So I. Have lost an additional 2.1 lb from my secondary goal that was 162 which is the one posted in the stats.
I.e. Total loss in Chrissie Club 3.3 kg

I am going on one of the largest cruise ships in the world (Oasis of the Seas) in about 6 hours with about 6000 other people and will return home MUCH heavier in a week. So no more weighing in for me for a while. It would hurt our stats :wink:

See ya later,alligator (I am in Florida after all). Judith

Thanks @Judithnfor the update and buon voyage. have a great trip. i updated your stats on post 1 and thats made the total 233kg for the group :-)) much appreciated.

travel well.
Isis wrote: A rather irritated member 88 reporting in. I have stayed the same!! :confused: I have been 4:3ing averaging 1300 calories over the week so should have lost something. But this is the first time this has happened to me when I know for certain that I haven't been guesstimating what I have eaten.

Don't be too iritated @Isis Guess the body doesnt always behave the way we expect when it comes to weight. My OH is irritated as he has been quite good and is not moving down .. for at least 5 weeks now. but when i suggested we delay a fast till tuesday after a 2 day non-fast weekend he was quick to say no, way we have to fast tomorrow.. he is a believer!
Anybody else with good news since Christmas. ?
Member #64 checking in. Another 0.8lb lost this week so NEARLY back down to Christmas target - should get there next week unless a disaster happens :crossed:
Lil wrote: Member #64 checking in. Another 0.8lb lost this week so NEARLY back down to Christmas target - should get there next week unless a disaster happens :crossed:

Excellent work @Lil.

from my poll 5-2-diet-chat-f6/how-much-weight-did-you-gain-over-christmas-new-year-t10841.html on the forum, looks like a lot of christmas weight to shed in the club.
It was such a happy Xmas for me and my weight loss and looking in my 5:2 log I see that there was a delayed reaction to all the stuff I ate! By the second week of Jan I was back up to my pre-Christmas challenge weight!
That part of my brain concerned with how much I weigh crawled back under it's log and sulked until I looked at my stats and realised in the great scheme of things it's only a few weeks not the end of the bloody world!
All the chocolate and biscuits have been eaten, the pot of cream I bought sits hardly touched save for a spoonful or two and I really ought to throw it out as it past it's use by date after opening lol!
I had a thought today that perhaps this putting on/losing weight just goes to show how adapted we are for survival and if losing weight was so easy we probably would have died out as a species a long time ago.
I don't wish weight gain on anyone trying to lose but it's kind of gratifying to know I'm not the only one.
I think I am back to fasting as a habit again and it's getting to eb less of a struggle.
Good luck everyone, it will get easier. Again!
cilla xxx
Previous 1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 106 of 111