The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 105 of 111
Previous 1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 111 Next
My signature says it all. Sigh... I do still hope to go green this month.

Well, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, everyone!
Member #28 here, I'm back to 64 kilos so if I continue at this rate I'll be at target for the end of Jan!

Well done to all of the members who have gone green, I'm hoping to join you soon.
Christmas challenger 88 checking in!
I have lost 2lbs 2oz that is reflected in my signature. So six pounds to go to achieve my challenge! Now 1 lb below my before Christmas weight.
Hi Julliana.

I'm now down to 12st 1lb. Which is two up on my Christmas final weigh in, but one down on last week.
Isis wrote: Member 88 touching base. Juliana you show on listing that I lost 9.5kg! That is unfortunately incorrect because I think it was 5.5lbs! After Christmas I changed my signature because of joining the Valentines Challenge & lost my record. I didn't realise you were continuing & extending the Christmas Challenge . I will look again at my progress chart & check out what weight I was then & now. Sorry for any confusion.
Update! I gained 4lbs over Christmas & last week lost 3lbs. So I am still 1lb over my weight on 21/12/13. So my new goal for 31/01/14 is to weigh 12st 12 lbs that will mean I have lost a total of 3 stone since 01/01/13.

Ooops sorry for the error I have fixed it. all the best for the 12 stone 12 pounds target @isis!
thank you everyone for all the weigh ins. looks like i have a good basis for doing an update tonight. with Christmas behind us and more of us getting back into the swing of fasting the numbers should look good.
wendyjane wrote: My signature says it all. Sigh... I do still hope to go green this month.

Well, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, everyone!

Well done wendyjane.. yep ill be here pushing everyone along until i get 100 active members green! if a member hasnt visited the forum since say end November, ill remove them from the list that im chasing.

wont it be wonderful to see 100 greens!
Nicky_94 wrote: and I'm determined to go green by the end of Jan, it should be doable, am hoping that 'easy on, easy off' is true...

thats the spirit Nicky_94

Thats why i thought it was important that we keep this Christmas/New Year club open so that even if its taken a bit longer most of us at least can reach our goals. If 32 can do it why not anyone else still up for the challenge

I dont have much in the way of pudding left in the fridge and definitely no ham (threw it out as i didnt want it to ruin my goals)
Christmas club member number 12 checking in, my goal was to lose 10 lbs and as of today I'm half way there with 5 lbs lost. I'm still chugging away, when I started this I was 164 lbs with a trend of 164.8 and today I am 159 lbs with a trend of 160.3 lbs. :)
Member #64 checking in. After a rather excessive weekend of pantomime, lots to drink, Thai meal. hotel breakfast I am down 0.2lb on last week. I blame the panto!! So slowly, slowly catchee monkey
I shall attempt a full update tonight. so anybody who hasnt weighed in or reported if you can in the next say 10 hours that will be great.

Curious to see the results and hoping for a few more greens.

Have you made the target you set In October/November last year and not told us?

If you have gained not lost weight during the course of the club membership, please let us know as it doesnt matter if its a bad impact on group results. We have a whole year ahead of us!
Mmmmmmm ex Christmas club member #123 reporting in but would rather not be! I am struggling to maintain the weight I was when I joined this club at the beginning of November. At one stage I had lost .5 kg of the 2kg I had hoped to lose. Today I am .3kg above my start weight. I have been up and down about 1.5kgs for what seems like months and months! I have been doing my two fast days a week and sticking to them and have been skipping breakfast a few days as well so effectively have been doing a 16:8 several days too. I have stages when I know I am going way over what I should be on my non fast days which sets me back. I have just been reading the famine effect thread with interest as I do feel I should have lost more. my weight lost has been very minimal since August after a rapid weight loss the previous six months. Some of the fast days lately I have been exceptionally hungry and that has never really happened before.

I am off on holidays next week and had hoped to be at least 6kgs lighter so the body beautiful would look a tad better on the beach! Oh well at least it will look a lot better than it did last year when I was about 14kgs heavier! So ... I am going to enjoy my holiday, will skip a few breakfasts as we eat out every night. I think a lot of fish and salads will be good and hopefully when I get back I can have a big push before my fastaversary in March.

I also seem to have a default mechanism in my brain about not achieving goals when I set them! Not sure what that is about but very frustrating.

Well done for all your work and support over this club Juliana.
Denwoman wrote: Mmmmmmm ex Christmas club member #123 reporting in but would rather not be! I am struggling to maintain the weight I was when I joined this club at the beginning of November. At one stage I had lost .5 kg of the 2kg I had hoped to lose. Today I am .3kg above my start weight. I have been up and down about 1.5kgs for what seems like months and months! I have been doing my two fast days a week and sticking to them and have been skipping breakfast a few days as well so effectively have been doing a 16:8 several days too. I have stages when I know I am going way over what I should be on my non fast days which sets me back. I have just been reading the famine effect thread with interest as I do feel I should have lost more. my weight lost has been very minimal since August after a rapid weight loss the previous six months. Some of the fast days lately I have been exceptionally hungry and that has never really happened before.

I am off on holidays next week and had hoped to be at least 6kgs lighter so the body beautiful would look a tad better on the beach! Oh well at least it will look a lot better than it did last year when I was about 14kgs heavier! So ... I am going to enjoy my holiday, will skip a few breakfasts as we eat out every night. I think a lot of fish and salads will be good and hopefully when I get back I can have a big push before my fastaversary in March.

I also seem to have a default mechanism in my brain about not achieving goals when I set them! Not sure what that is about but very frustrating.

Well done for all your work and support over this club Juliana.

Definitely focus on the wonderful fact that you have indeed lost 14kg since starting 5:2 dieting. Thats a big big loss so you should be very proud.

Setting mini goals can indeed be challenging. Im about 1kg up from my pre Christmas reading so i havent reached my goal, hence taking the liberty of extending the club weigh-ins for as long as possible to get at least 100 in the green (including me .... and you!)

Enjoy your holiday and fear not. March is still a long way off and you have heaps of time to "catch up"
See my sig for the latest weighing - a day early since I fasted Wed instead of Thurs this week. Maybe I'll add another day and fast Sat too. I'm getting pretty bored with the straight, horizontal line on my tracker. And you're getting bored with reading my posts on this thread. You don't have to admit that, but really, 1/2 pound should be nothing to lose, and it should be nothing because I should be at goal by now, given how seldom I have strayed from the path. So a bit of a double entendre there, if you follow my reasoning. :smile:
wendyjane wrote: See my sig for the latest weighing - a day early since I fasted Wed instead of Thurs this week. Maybe I'll add another day and fast Sat too. I'm getting pretty bored with the straight, horizontal line on my tracker. And you're getting bored with reading my posts on this thread. You don't have to admit that, but really, 1/2 pound should be nothing to lose, and it should be nothing because I should be at goal by now, given how seldom I have strayed from the path. So a bit of a double entendre there, if you follow my reasoning. :smile:

i know what you mean .. 227 grams should be easy. i was in a similar boat just before Christmas with my trend weight from LIbra in mind. but its now 700grams i need to lose to get to my goal pre Christmas weight.

Apart from keeping doing what weve all been doing here for months, and maybe being even more careful on fast days the only other thing and this is what spurred on my HIT club.. exercise-f24/new-club-the-fast-exercise-hit-club-t10741-45.html adding the activity to the calorie restriction might be the answer. and if not its no harm as we will make us all fitter and be able to race marathons (kidding about the marathons) but our body fat, strengthy, levels of mitochondria goodies.. all those things should be able to improve metabolism and thus kill that last 227 grams!

i have to get back to the numbers on this club.. i had all intention of doing it earlier in the week when i had a brain wave about the HIT club after seeing MMs video and got thinking all day about it. anyhow nearly 30 memmbers and im excited

i should now hopefully have time to go back to the signatures and my spreadsheet to see if more have gone green.

anyone out there if your GREEN .. i.e. attained the goal you setup in october/november for end 2013.. please make a big announcement here.

even if you no longer put christmas club on your siggy.

there must be more than 32 now.
Previous 1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 105 of 111