The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

1654 posts Page 51 of 111
Previous 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 111 Next
The Fishbaum wrote: I snuck in through the backdoor but I am here and Member 138!

welcome aboard Fishbaum who got in the back entrance.
Checking in and glad to be down onto the plateau again after disgraceful episode!
Sticking to the TDEE and 5:2, and throwing in a 16:8 day has helped. Now 9st 4lbs (130lbs).
Checking in at 70.4 from 71kg. Heading in the right direction. Officially weigh in tomorrow, so here's hoping I am into the 69s!!
Checking in with a disappointing gain of 1lb at 53.52kg. Hoping to be down on official weigh in day this friday
I am happy to say when I hopped on the scales today they read 80.9kg! Marvelous. I wonder what they will show on saturday! Woohoo! x
Count me in please! I am a little late though!

I would like to lose 11 pounds for Christmas and weigh 17 stone on the dot
Having been brave enough to step on the scales this morning, member #3 is now willing to share my worst fears; after 3 days of NOT fasting, enjoying dinner bed and breakfast and wine, I expected to see a gain of about 5lbs!!
It hasn't resulted in that, as I was 11 stones exactly (70kg). So, as long as I fast today to retrain the hunger expectations, I should be Ok.
Thank you @Juliana.Rivers for starting this thread and keeping me well motivated to return to my WOE and my goal of 10 10 by Christmas and to everybody else for your invaluable support!
:heart:
Hi I hope that I am not too late to join this. I watched the show on monday night so started from that moment with my first fast day on tuesday. I usually dont have success in losing weight so I dont know what to aim for with this. Taking a guess at 2kg.
carorees wrote:
P-JK wrote: For those who are on maintenance we should really develop some way of indicating our success (as it can't be measured by weight lost). Perhaps we could give ourselves 'bonus' points for each week 'on track'. 5 points per week since joining the club? Better suggestions are welcome!

Sounds a great idea! Or maybe you could visualize the kg you haven't regained! If you think how the weight was gradually increasing before starting 5:2, each week of maintenance is another, I don't know, 200g not regained?

I do like that idea @carorees, but my weight was pretty stable. Why not estimate the weight gain prevented by comparing my current TDEE with that at the start of using 5:2? It is now about 200 calories lower than at start, thanks to 12 kg. weight loss. If I would be on my former eating habits I would today eat 200 calories above my current TDEE, which makes an excess of 1400 per week, meaning about 180 grams of fat (at 7700 calories per kg.). So by being successful in maintaining I have prevented a weight gain of 180 grams per week.
Yes, I know this is the Xmas club and not the nerdy section :geek: but when you come to think of it the math is pretty simple: compare current TDEE to that at the start, multiply by 7 (for a week) and devide the difference by 7700 (or the original number by 1100 :wink: )
Claire23 wrote: Count me in please! I am a little late though!

I would like to lose 11 pounds for Christmas and weigh 17 stone on the dot

Nope not too late. welcome aboard the weight loss train. 11 pounds to be lost by Christmas for you.

You are member 140
Member 119 checking in yet again. I've changed everything back again to st. and lb. which makes calculating my weight loss a bit harder juggling with kg, st. and lbs. I have my calculator at the ready so all is well - or it would be if I hadn't gained 1.72lb since yesterday! Tomorrow's gain or loss should be a little easier to calculate, at least my brain is getting some much needed exercise! I'm not used to weighing every day, I'm just doing it for the Xmas Club.

Off to walk the dog now, she is getting very round, I think she needs a form of 5:2 for dogs. I try to feed her sensibly but hubby will keep giving her biscuits, toast or anything else he has left on his plate.
cassyn_05 wrote: Hi I hope that I am not too late to join this. I watched the show on monday night so started from that moment with my first fast day on tuesday. I usually dont have success in losing weight so I dont know what to aim for with this. Taking a guess at 2kg.

Yes you can join Cassyn

You must be from Australia. 2kg is good for just under 6 weeks. all the best on this journey

You are Christmas club member 141
P-JK wrote:
carorees wrote:
P-JK wrote: For those who are on maintenance we should really develop some way of indicating our success (as it can't be measured by weight lost). Perhaps we could give ourselves 'bonus' points for each week 'on track'. 5 points per week since joining the club? Better suggestions are welcome!

Sounds a great idea! Or maybe you could visualize the kg you haven't regained! If you think how the weight was gradually increasing before starting 5:2, each week of maintenance is another, I don't know, 200g not regained?

I do like that idea @carorees, but my weight was pretty stable. Why not estimate the weight gain prevented by comparing my current TDEE with that at the start of using 5:2? It is now about 200 calories lower than at start, thanks to 12 kg. weight loss. If I would be on my former eating habits I would today eat 200 calories above my current TDEE, which makes an excess of 1400 per week, meaning about 180 grams of fat (at 7700 calories per kg.). So by being successful in maintaining I have prevented a weight gain of 180 grams per week.
Yes, I know this is the Xmas club and not the nerdy section :geek: but when you come to think of it the math is pretty simple: compare current TDEE to that at the start, multiply by 7 (for a week) and devide the difference by 7700 (or the original number by 1100 :wink: )

i like that arithmetic. maintainers definitely need recognition for their great efforts in preventing future weight gain
thecouchpotato wrote: I'm male and i'd like to join

whoohooo another male in the tent.. watch out for the girls in here. we all are needing some male attention.

You are member 142 thecouchpotato
Previous 1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 111 Next
1654 posts Page 51 of 111