The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

80 posts Page 3 of 6
Re: Some one shoot me PLEASE
17 Aug 2014, 12:34
Cadbury milk chocolate (particularly Cadbury Roses) for me every time. Haven't tried Aldi. I do have dark chocolate from time to time and can of course eat plenty if I let myself, but I don't particularly like it. I like the creamy taste of milk chocolate!! Can't stand white chocolate tho, far too sweet.
17 Aug 2014, 12:48
I haven't tried Aldi choc-even though we have 1 in town, it isn't in a convenient spot and it seems wrong to make the effort to go just for chocolate!
17 Aug 2014, 14:07
They do lovely fruit,veg n flowers @Merlin..also quite good skin care stuff..all reasonable priced too x but if ours wasnt conveniently placed, i wdnt be going there either!
17 Aug 2014, 16:07
The nice thing about aldi choccy is that it comes in a box 99p. There's five small individual wrapped bars inside. I'm on the caramel one at the moment Bought my mum some up north as they don't have aldi.loads of asda, morrisons, b and m bargains?
17 Aug 2014, 16:09
@barbarita I only have a drizzle of evoo or Delouis mayo (no sugar) on salad now. Have been treated to GF orange cake and hot chocolate whilst out this afternoon, the naughtiest eating I've done in AGES! Erm ... Seems we have seeded haddock and chips for dinner :0@ What an over indulgent Sunday (but delightful) it's being.
Back to a fast and non sugar ways tomoz, honest :0)
17 Aug 2014, 16:49
Been a fast day for me and ended on 650 cals and I am happy with that and it has gone very well. Did buy some dark chocolate to eat for the next time a need a chocolate fix ;-)
17 Aug 2014, 17:36
See @mariondot40, the shooting would have been a bit OTT. @Azureblue, when at home I have either olive oil or a teaspoon of lemon fish oil with cider vinegar for dressing - as always it's the going out where you have to more or less go with the flow. I see that omelette has made a comeback on the lunch menu in some places, including larger Sainsbury' s, nothing wrong with a cheese omelette and salad. But so many places it's a choice of bread or baked potato. Moan, moan. :lol:

mm ... Haddock and chips, haven't had that for a few weeks. Usually have the Pensioners Special these days, smuggle the bread home for the birds.
17 Aug 2014, 17:58
@barbarita will think of you next time i' m having fish n chips / soup or scouse when out and instead of eating the bread,i ' ll bring it home for the birds..usually i cant resist it,but the birdies need it more than i do x :like:
I am not a fish lover but weirdly i am craving fish..M n S have got a good offer ..two packs ( 4 pieces ) of lightly dusted cod,plaice or haddock for five pounds..
They have lightly dusted sole too but not on the two for five pounds offer x
Got some in my freezer now and will deffo be having a fishy dishy this week..i was craving steak which i dont usually eat..now its fish which i dont even much like! But i guess my body knows what it needs..
17 Aug 2014, 18:51
Oooh I do like a piece of dusted lemon sole, perhaps with fresh broad beans, red onion, carrot and broccoli, pat of good butter on top.
Right, must get that this week :0)
17 Aug 2014, 19:43
Not sure I want to be shot right now, but I do think I would benefit from a judicious slapping about the chops with the famous wet fish......

I have gone back to basics this week after a bit of a wobble....and have honestly enjoyed both fast days....which went very well. It was a bit like slipping into a comfy pair of slouching about trousers of an evening - felt familiar and good....

Today though, has been dreadful. OK, not a fast day....but honestly:-

1.5 croissants with butter & marmalade
A cream tea of 2 scones (does it make it any better that I was eating it in aid of our local hospice?? Nope, I thought not!)
2 slices of lemon drizzle cake (selflessly purchased at the above fundraiser....& eaten as soon as I returned from same)
1 small packet of cashew nuts
1 long strip of Galaxy choc (from their giant-est bar available in the UK)

One word: WHY?
Obviously, I wasn't hungry...
But was a bit fed up...as was having a bad day & am overtired too....

All this scoffing, despite having seen good progress on the scales this week...for the first time in ages.....which, because tomorrow is my official weigh day, will now not count as I am bound to have put weight back on.

Boo hoo.......where's that fish???

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
17 Aug 2014, 20:00
Get thee to bed young Hazelnut20 and have a good 8-9 hours sleep, relax your mind and body.
Start tomorrow as a strict fast and leave it as long as you can before eating, then make it substantial like a couple of boiled eggs or an omelette, but no carbs. You need to cut that monkey off your back!
Good luck x
17 Aug 2014, 20:14
Oh dearie me! Do you know @azureblue that I sooo wished I liked eggs so I could do as you kindly advise......but the fact is, they make my stomach churn! In fact, the very thought or prospect of an egg is enough to make my stomach churn.....The last time my husband fried an egg in our house, I very nearly was sick - it is that bad!

You are right though - I should get to bed early, but I have a real problem with going to bed and am always overtired - though that's a whole other story. I do plan to do a strict fast tomorrow though.....whilst racing round Exeter trying to finalise school uniform purchasing!! Nowadays, it is no hardship to eat only at tea time on a fast day, so it doesn't matter where I am (as in home or out somewhere) I can still go the day on just liquids - which is great!

Will do my very best tomorrow....as I really need to wrestle some control back...

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
17 Aug 2014, 20:36
Hi @Hazelnut20

Try not to beat yourself up about your day of indulgences. I actually think that supporting the fundraising is an ok excuse, providing you enjoyed what you ate - tho it sounds as if you were eating when you didn't really fancy the food... And I guess you could have just made a donation...

As I have reported above and elsewhere, mindless overindulging happens to me often, and I can't work out why I do it - apart from the hunger monster/biological response to having excess sugar/carbs...

Keeping up the fast days does generally work as an antidote to the overindulgences, for maintenance anyway. When you are still wanting to lose weight, it does sound like the wet fish may be needed!! But you know you can do it, so do! :) Good luck :D
17 Aug 2014, 20:41
Quote from @Sassy1"As I have reported above and elsewhere, mindless overindulging happens to me often, and I can't work out why I do it - apart from the hunger monster/biological response to having excess sugar/carbs... "
Me too Sassy and i just wish we could work out WHY..then we might be able to fix it..it is self sabotage but for what reason? How can we be such a bad friend to ourselves? :curse: x
@hazelnut20loads of us will be fasting alongside you tomorrow..another Determination Day that went so well last week! X
17 Aug 2014, 21:08
@CandiceMarie

I am tending to favour the biological response reason, tho wonder if that is a cop out? ie absolves me from responsibility for overeating. My son (who can gorge on anything and stay slim) just tells me I have no will power...

As reported elsewhere, I generally eat mindfully all day, but come the evening, I seem to use food as a reward (for getting thru the day, not that I need a reward as my life is pretty good - apart from the issue with my parents which is why I have been overeating lately) and once I start eating I find it hard to stop (not all the time thankfully). So the solution is not to start. Sounds easy, huh???

I have tried having the less healthy foods only at meal times (eg a bit of chocolate with lunch) (I don't want to cut these out of my diet, for assorted reasons) and also tried making sure I have had my TDEEs worth of calories by the end of dinner, but neither seem to be the solution.

I have to admit that knowing I can have what I want to eat on a non-fast day sometimes means that I will eat certain foods even if I don't really want them.

I really admire people who have been able to remove less healthy foods from their diet permanently.

Anyway, best of luck working out a strategy that works for you. I generally report in the maintenance tent how I am going - it is worth checking there for ideas that may help you. Cheers! :D
80 posts Page 3 of 6