The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

80 posts Page 6 of 6
Re: Some one shoot me PLEASE
25 Aug 2014, 21:58
Yes, I agree, moderation is key. For me listening to by body has been paramount to my wellbeing. So in my teens I reduced overdosing on sugar and now I have reduced some carbs as I realise late in the day they make me feel unwell. As result I feel fabulous and very happy. I eat sweet treats and carb treats and enjoy. x
04 Sep 2014, 00:37
i was sent this by someone outside the forum today.. seems you are talking about Sarah already

http://iquitsugar.com/

apparently the weight loss is incredible and im thinking her philosophy in conjunction with IF is a sure thing. Must admit i couldnt totally quit sugar but i can reduce.
04 Sep 2014, 07:57
I received a copy of Sarah Wilson's IQS book for my recent birthday and do like her approach. Looking forward to trying out some of her recipes.
04 Sep 2014, 12:27
I think we've all been there.

I know personally, I'm happiest when I have just a little bit of the beast that's screaming "eat me!!' Totally avoiding all things sugary, sweet and delicious makes me miserable. But I have learned that 1/5th of a piece of cake can be as satisfying as the whole slice if I take small bites and really, really enjoy them.
04 Sep 2014, 12:57
So much wisdom on this thread. I agree with all the people who said that the reason they love 5:2 is that we don't have to give up on the pleasure of eating, and eating what we like. There's nothing like deprivation to set off a binge. Repeat after me: THIS IS NOT A DIET.
80 posts Page 6 of 6