The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

80 posts Page 1 of 6
Some one shoot me PLEASE
16 Aug 2014, 16:30
I have totally lost the plot these last two days and I really dont know why! All I want to eat is rubbish and have had a load of sweets and chocolate.
I hope to do a fast tomorrow as I do one fast a week now but may have to do a back to back fast, and going to get rid of these temptations in my cupboards my grandchildren will be taking them home with them later.
Every day I go over on my sugar quote on MFP and was wondering how much sugar we should be eating a day and carbs,protein etc?
Is it bed time yet lol
Re: Some one shoot me PLEASE
16 Aug 2014, 16:49
BANG :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now pick yourself up, stop eating anything white for a few days and eat more veggies before it becomes a habit.
16 Aug 2014, 17:22
I keep one small emergency sugar item in the house for each emergency, seems to work well for me as I have only called on it twice in 8 months. Seems to keep me mindfully on track. Hope that helps.

Yep, time to get back in there and turn it around now! Note to yourself, you called it rubbish so put it in the bin NOW :clover: :like: x
16 Aug 2014, 18:29
You confessed, that's usually the first step to recovering the situation for me. Good luck.

How about for the future you get a container in which to keep the temptations, and label it 'grandchildren only' ? It might make you think twice, maybe.
16 Aug 2014, 18:31
I've done that a few times - you start and you just can't stop. I wonder if we all have a different levels of tolerance for white carbs and if we cross that line then way hay we can't stop. I know that when you eat white carbs your insulin levels spike causing you to want to eat more.

You've done it, you can't change that, fast tomorrow and just keep plodding on.
16 Aug 2014, 18:49
You've confessed @mariondot40 Feeling better? NO!!
You don't need shooting/oh sorry to late @rawkaren has already done that oooppsss!!!
Well that's the carb monster trying sabotage your day
has he succeeded? YES!!!
Now pull yourself together and stop him winning before he does far to much damage, he's a right little bugger and knows when to strike especially when there are goodies in the house,
I can totally sympathise with you my OH has gained a sweet tooth large enough to fill our street :shock: so I have to have a fridge full of chocky treats, which are just to much of a temptation.
Fight that bloody monster back down into his own little corner. :like:
16 Aug 2014, 18:52
Somewhere on the Internet I saw a recommendation of keeping your sugar intake at 25 grams/day if you want to lose weight. I know that it works for me, I just very seldom am able hold myself to it. At the end of the day the only way I can control my snacking is to get the temptations out of the house. My weakness is chocolate, I find that 70% or higher dark chocolate is much more satisfying and I can stop after a smaller piece.
16 Aug 2014, 18:54
Wouldn't doing a back to back make it REALLY hard to get back into? I'd write off the two days and just do the one fast you normally do. And don't be too hard on yourself - I think everyone has THOSE sort of days - my last one was on Tuesday :-(
16 Aug 2014, 19:04
I agree with@loversghost just do a normal fast..that will get you back on track and make you feel so much better x
The carb monster - we fight him daily..some days we win,( yay!) sometimes he does ( booooooo).but we live to fight him another day..its a sad fact of life for many of us,so youre not alone x we shall overcome! :like: X
16 Aug 2014, 19:07
You'll be ok.
Get back on your horsey and clip clippety clop.
16 Aug 2014, 19:14
Ohhh my giddy aunt! @Sue.Q ( gulp!) :shock: a fridge full of choccy treats???.....
image.jpg
How i'd look if there was chocco in the fridge......
image.jpg (19.95 KiB) Viewed 626 times
16 Aug 2014, 19:20
CandiceMarie wrote: Ohhh my giddy aunt! @Sue.Q ( gulp!) :shock: a fridge full of choccy treats???.....

YES and they are calling me!!!!!!!!!!! Suuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeyyyyyy
:lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:
@Candicemarie
Seriously though I've over carbed myself today because we were out and about I didn't even enjoy the baguette I had thrust upon me and will never never repeat,
@mariondot40 I know exactly how you're feeling. like ssshhh*ttt
16 Aug 2014, 20:36
Oooh sue! Crusty bread...yummers! You are really battering that Carb Monster into oblivion if you didnt enjoy it ..ya won't be pushed into that again :victory: :victory:
16 Aug 2014, 20:55
Oh jayney @mariondot40, poor you. What is worse? The slight stall in weight loss (if any) or the absolute guilt of enjoying yourself for a day or two! The guilt felt is usually way worse than the "crime". But this WOE is really designed to fit in around life events. Birthdays, holidays, visitors, meals out...whatever. You have the tools to rectify any damage done. It might take a week or two (or longer), but you know what to do. It would only be a set back if you had weeks of treats without fasting. So I am not allowing you to feel guilty ( hope I listen to this advice myself!).
Sue.Q wrote: ..I can totally sympathise with you my OH has gained a sweet tooth large enough to fill our street :shock: so I have to have a fridge full of chocky treats, which are just to much of a temptation..

Me too @sue.q, I have a drawer full of choccy in my fridge for hubby and kids. But its not my drawer! However, the chocolate inside is usually the little Aldi Mosser Roth bars for 145cals each. Either that or fun sized stuff. I item usually does the trick if I do break out. However, family are not allowed crisps anymore. I would easily chomp a full multi bag sack load!

That said, recently I have begun to worry about my binging tenancies. I am ALWAYS thinking about food. I was worse on other diets of old, as junk/ treats were banned totally. But I seem to go from fast to binge to fast. :cry:
16 Aug 2014, 22:06
I've been real bad.....I mean real bad.
A slice of toast for brekkie,burger and chips from pub at lunch, over cooked salmon (courtesy of my mum) half a baked potato and a bowl of blackberry and apple crumble with cream, three red wines, two cheese straws and ........... Spicy nuts.

Stuffety, puffety. Com.

That's what Hols are about.
My mum is Defo a feeder.
And @Candicemarie, my giddy aunt, haven't heard that one for years. Lol I really did lol. Thanks for that.
80 posts Page 1 of 6