The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

231 posts Page 10 of 16
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16 Next
Hi Ladies: Number 7 checking in and last week was a bad week for me. I gained two pounds and ended up where I started from. So yesterday I started all over again and have had a good two days so far.
Oh Sheesh, I called Pernelle "Perness" -- a slip of the fingers? Trying to combine the word Goddess with your name? Brain fog from stress? Take your pick @Hazelnut20

I went into Weight Watchers for my "official" weigh in and was down 0.4lbs from two weeks ago. I'm hanging in there at 199 right now. That's up 1.2 from my low in August, but still a respectable loss for the year.

Oddly, now that I"ve officially stated my goal is to maintain for the rest of the year, I feel a lot of stress has lifted and the sugary things are now less appealing.
@tracieknitsand @grannieanniehow are yr respective Mom and OH? Hope theyre both doing well x
@katharinawell done on yr loss x i wish i liked coffee more,yr coffee with almond milk and coconut oil sounds very comforting x
@happyitsworking glad youre safely back on yr horse now..clippety clop! X is it you who has started a countdown to crimbo exercise routine? ( sorry ive just read a lot of posts and cant remember everything properly!
Is anyone else encountering this vexing prob? Lots of my tops i can now wear,the sleeves are mysteriously long..and something wrong round the neckline.sort of gaping...i must ve lost a bit from my shoulders..i say vexing coz my shoulders have always stayed small and are the only part of my body i like!they didnt need to lose...also have always had slim fingers but now a ring i can only wear on my middle finger has started sliding round ( while all this is happening to shoulders and fingers...my hips,tum andthighs are still chunky tho much improved! )
Tried on last winters jacket today and sleeves are longer but on the good side,it feels nice n roomy instead of like a tube! :lol:
@johns howz yr countdown to crimbo running going? Good luck! I mistakenly asked Happyitsworking..i knew i was getting muddled,which is the downside of trying to catch up with everyone when you havent been calling by every day!x
@tracieknits! Hope you had a lovely bday with Aidan x
@justdeeooh how exciting now you have some free time! Hope youre enjoying it! x
@cblasz i know that name,Fab Faux,got a feeling theyve been to Liverpool,maybe for a Beatles Festival x glad you enjoyed!
@CandiceMarie If feels really good being back on my horse. I have already loss the weight that I had gain. Congrats on your 40 pound loss. : :smile: After reading how well you are doing only made me more determined to stay on track.
Oh blast (to put it mildly)...I've just lost a long post that I've been writing for the past hour & a half...am not a happy bunny. Mind you, my post was partially about not being a happy bunny right now anyway - so I suppose there's a touch of poetic justice about that...Went to "Preview" what I'd written...and the blooming screen told me I needed to Login before I could post...grrrr. Wouldn't mind...if I hadn't logged in beforehand.....but I jolly well had.......

No time to do it all again...so I'll have to check back in over the weekend perhaps.

Wishing you all a very good day and a nice weekend ahead xxx
Ugh, Hazelnut20 - I hate when that happens!!

Today was my new weigh in day and I'm thrilled to say that I'm down 1.5 pounds!! That gives me a total of 5 lbs. altogether. I just hope I don't ruin it over the weekend. Tomorrow I am going out to dinner, but should be able to make a healthy choice. However, on Sunday I'm going to something called "Brew at the Zoo", so that may not go as well.
Hi all. @CandiceMarie- My OH is over the bronchitis, doing better, but very tired. And I am back going in the right direction. Thanks @Hazelnut20 for the support. Life happens. I suppose disappearing notes into cyberspace also happens. Grr.
I did a Fast Day (light eating) 2 days ago successfully, and windows yesterday. Down 2 pounds. Happy to be doing what I need to. Amazingly :wink: after 2 days of no sugar I feel great. Worth a Halo?
Thanks for asking @CandiceMarie! Mom is doing much better. She's at home, recovering from the dental surgery she had to have before they can fix her aortic valve. She gets tired awfully quickly, and her medications make her a bit woozy, but she is going to be fine once she has surgery for her heart. She's chosen the TAVR, which is kind of like a stent for heart valves, and they will put it in going from an artery in her groin! So she doesn't have to have actual open-heart surgery. She will be in ICU for probably 6 hours, and the hospital for probably 4 days, then once she is released to home, she will have no restrictions at all. It's a much easier recovery than open-heart surgery. They just pop and brand new heart valve into the space where the old one is, and they puff it up with a balloon. It's ready to go as soon as it's inflated. While there are still risks, apparently the risks are lower with this procedure. So I'm hoping all will be well soon.

Amazing that they think of this stuff!

I'm a bit more under control lately with my eating. I'm still wanting comfort food, which generally translates to carbs. There's drama with my sisters who don't speak to each other. One wants mom to have traditional open heart surgery. Sigh. But I'm muddling through and so far not destroying the progress I made this year on my weight.
End of week 3 of my challenge. I am happy enough with how it's going, though the last 2 evenings I did eat more than I think I needed, because I was tired?? So some comfort/reward/ whatever eating...

But I will still award myself one halo, please @Hazelnut20, since overall I am managing my food quite well and certainly not putting on weight. All the exercise is helping. Wednesday and today I managed to fast until mid afternoon (and hopefully beyond today), so am happy with that too. Ate out a couple of times this week too, but was able to select wisely!

Pernelle, if I know I am going to write a long post, I try to remember to write it first in Notepad and then copy it over. I have been caught a few times with glitches that have caused the post to be lost. Very frustrating.

Good to hear that things are looking up for the relatives who have been unwell. :smile:
Cunning thought there Sassy re the notepad. I must admit I do copy mine these days before I post just in case it vanishes into the ether.
Do we have the opposite of a halo? I need one after an out of kilter week which involved a scuffle with a peanut butter jar and a bout with a bag of maltesers. And yes, I'm looking at you hazelnut! I was in the supermarket and saw them, and thought, haven't had those for a few years, and before I knew it a big grab bag had wended its way into my basket. They were then crammed into me in the car :razz: More fat less sugar.

Congrats to everyone who is perservering with this and getting results. Onwards and upwards, it makes such a huge difference when you can actually see the results, even the saggy neck hole!!
Accountabuddy#9 reporting in. Now at 217 lbs, but down from some of the extra I had gained. I am back losing again, and that makes me happy. I have just 7 more to lose to reach goal.
@Tracieknits my OH had a stent that way, and was mountain climbing the next week. Of course, he was a bit younger then. Luck to you with family stressors!
Writing this in Notepad 1st. Great idea @Sassy1 No Halo opposite for gaining weight needed @Debs We already feel bad enough. Kudos for persevering. We can recover. :like: :heart:
Oh dear, I'm really going to miss all you good folk :0(

I'm currently fasting 23 hours once a week, generally Monday's, as well as the (mainly) 16:8 regime and LCHF, 78kgs is showing in the scales window too often :0@

It's been a busy few weeks with a wedding and 2 family operations, all things now settling back to normal, thankfully. It does nothing good for my eating habits though!

OH is suffering a nasty bout of IBS so he's mindfully joining me in gluten-free land now, and starting to improve a bit. It is easy when both of us do this together.

Take care my dears, and a big hug to each and every one of you \o/

:heart: :clover: :like:
Hello all!

I had great plans to post yesterday & catch up on all your news....but then I inadvertently hit my head on the glass part of my car boot (Honda CRV - you have to lift the rear windscreen before you can open the boot....but the gas strut thingies have stopped working & the glass doesn't lift as high as it used to...which I forgot.....bang....ouch!) and forgot all about it what with the ensuing headache and all. Am quite hoping it will have knocked some sense into me actually - that would be good!

Will be back later to add any outstanding palm trees and halos....I need to get me a better system as I'm worried I may miss awarding some. Please know you can chase me any time...I won't mind a bit! Want to get it right....

Talk later xx
@Hazelnut20 - I'm so sorry about you hitting your head! I hope you are ok! Thank you for my palm trees. I think you are doing an excellent job!

Last night I went out to dinner with a friend. We had planned on a certain restaurant, so I went online to look at the menu, and picked out my meal in advance. When we got there, there was a long wait, so we went somewhere else and my plan was shot. I ordered something else, still sort of healthy, but a lot more carbs. The best laid plans... :)
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16 Next
231 posts Page 10 of 16