The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

80 posts Page 1 of 6
Three 16:8 questions
22 Aug 2013, 23:02
My apologies if this was covered before (I think I even asked one of the questions that will follow) but...
A. I don't remember if I asked it or if I thought of asking it and didn't
B. If I asked I don't remember the answer and
C. My computer is very slow tonight and it won't help me with searching the forums.

So...

When you are doing 16:8, do you do all your eating and drinking in 8 hours? No coffees or teas outside that, just water?

Do you have do it daily in order to work? Or on any days that is possible?

Is there any proof that it's the 8 hours eating window that does the trick? If one did 10, would it do any difference or it would be the same with 12-12, 14-10 etc...?
Re: Three 16:8 questions
22 Aug 2013, 23:11
Hi TML I asked for answers yesterday and ballerina booted her topic on that very subject so look in active topics. :like: I believe its all during the 8hrs but have a good read :clover: Sue

Oops sorry I'm a bit slow also must be moogie fiddling about :clover:
22 Aug 2013, 23:18
Thanks, I'll go and have a look.
22 Aug 2013, 23:28
Found both the thread AND my question, LOL!
Sadly, nothing but black coffee or green tea outside the 8 hours which means that 16-8 is not for me, since I can't start my day without coffee and I can't drink coffee with no milk.
I was 99% sure that 16-8 was not my cup of tea but I wanted to be certain before I ruled it out.
23 Aug 2013, 08:13
Oh I have my cuppas on 16:8

I think if you can throw in a 5:2 and follow with 16:8 even with on the morning after the 5:2 having only milk in your coffee until you really eat you will still fat burn. It is slower but it is still better than blowing it for a run of days. People have reported that they still loose or at least hold their hard worked for losses
23 Aug 2013, 08:19
luckily I like black coffee, but I do have tea with milk outside the 8 hours. I'm losing weight faster on 16:8 than I had been recently on 5:2 despite the tea with milk. I think that if you're not a fan of breakfast 16:8 is really easy.
23 Aug 2013, 08:27
TML wrote....................

"I can't drink coffee with no milk.I was 99% sure that 16-8 was not my cup of tea"

................Are you sure it's not your cup of coffee? :starving:

Ballerina x :heart:
23 Aug 2013, 08:34
I began doing 16:8 by accident, one day I forgot to take some breakfast. I do enjoy breakfast so I only do 16:8 from time tot time when I need a bit of a kick in the butt

Like Caroline, I take my coffee black but I sometimes take apple cider vinegar and honey (or lemon and honey) in hot water just before going to bed so outside the window

For the last question I don't know if there is any proof it works better that way, I guess it may be because the window is smaller so you fast longuer and it's purely mathematics...
23 Aug 2013, 08:45
TML, I'm new to 16:8 too and I have allowed myself a splash of skimmed milk in my tea.

Chriso57 posted a link to a free IF book on KIndle yesterday

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B0CQXGM/r ... 161_M1T1DP

It gets good reviews, covers different types of IF and is free :smile:
23 Aug 2013, 08:53
Hi Sian, thanks for the link, I didn't see Chris's and have now ordered it,

Ballerina x :heart:
23 Aug 2013, 08:58
Thanks for the link Sian, am thinking of giving this a go.

Ps. You look amazing in your new picture
23 Aug 2013, 09:05
Wow Sian! I hadn't linked the glamorous lady in the pic with 'our' SianS! You're looking amazing!
23 Aug 2013, 09:05
carorees wrote: luckily I like black coffee, but I do have tea with milk outside the 8 hours. I'm losing weight faster on 16:8 than I had been recently on 5:2 despite the tea with milk. I think that if you're not a fan of breakfast 16:8 is really easy.

Ditto Carorees - I drink black coffee but I too still have a splash of milk in cups of tea outside the 8 hour window. I am finding 16:8 an easy option and it means my mornings feel consistent with the fast days, which in turn helps me make healthy choices on non fast days but without having to turn down the odd treat. Sometimes the window gets stretched a little bit if necessary but the general principle is to keep my eating between 12noon and 8pm but I don't think I have blown it if I feel like eating a snack on feast days at 11am for instance. And I have lost 14 lbs in 6 weeks so I think I am doing something right (this time round). :razz: Once I get to my goal weight I think I will switch to 6:1 and 16:8 where practical. But that is still a bit of a way off and I have a holiday to contend with first!

(p.s. about to celebrate this - my 100th post and becoming a "lifer" - with a cup of black coffee :smile: )
23 Aug 2013, 09:10
I am with you Anne the 16:8 is structure around the other days of the week you can still eat but it's a timed constraint and so if the hours stretch a tad. That might be an answer for TML stretch it a bit as well to say 15:9. I would say try it one week and see what you think and what the scales say TML
23 Aug 2013, 10:13
TML I also have coffee with milk outside the eight hour window. There is a summary of the original 8 Hour Diet for Kindle written by Matt Hamilton & Jill Sinclair that talks about the IF process & the reasons for it working! I don't know if its still on special offer though.
80 posts Page 1 of 6