The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

67 posts Page 1 of 5
I have noticed a number of comments from people here saying how much better they feel on a fast day - more energy, focus, get up'n'go etc. I haven't felt this, I feel okay on fast days, in the early days I sometimes felt a bit strange (dizzy, spaced out) but now I mostly feel pretty much the same as on non-fast days.

I am wondering if we can find any sort of pattern here. Why do some people get a 'high' from fasting and others not? All contributions on whether your 'state of mind' is affected on a fast day are welcome...
Now I'm used to it I feel great, I actually look forward to my Monday fast after the weekend feast

Don't like the Thursday one so much. Will drop that once I'm on maintainance.

I have lots of energy on fast days and the hunger has gotten very manageable. I know it will pass so I don't panic anymore.
Hi Dominic

I posted this on my blog, only yesterday:

http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/24-hour-fast-walking-is-no-longer-enough.html

I'll have a look back at my notes to find out just when I first reported on this phenomenon.

It's also becoming more noticeable, and the effects seem to last longer. Today, for example, 36 hours after ending my fast, I was unloading the car after being away overnight - and found myself skipping up the path with luggage in each hand!

Cheers, B&W
I haven't experienced the energy-boost yet. However, in general, I do feel more positive and doing things doesn't seem as much a chore as they had been prior.
I feel `light` on fast days which makes me feel good about myself. I`'ve never felt dizzy to be honest.
Also,I prefer fast days over feed days, I like not having to think about what to eat :)
I feel exhausted on fast days, like 8 months pregnant exhausted (I'm not up the duff).
Breadandwine wrote: It's also becoming more noticeable, and the effects seem to last longer. Today, for example, 36 hours after ending my fast, I was unloading the car after being away overnight - and found myself skipping up the path with luggage in each hand!

Cheers, B&W

That's a lovely image B&W! Made me smile...:-D
I swear I can feel the fat burning.
I feel lighter and as a result feel like there is more bounce in my step and have more energy. Both on Monday and Thursday, my two fasting days.
Simple answer NO . I think I would be worried if I did
If I can keep busy and not think about it too much, yes. Although I also find that the Monday fast is sometimes easier than the Thursday one. I've started to feel a more energetic when I get on my bike and the other evening walking up a reasonably steep street didn't feel quite such hard work as previously.
Nice light feeling after each fast too.
My energy seems to fluctuate a lot on fast days. I seem more energetic on the day after. I'm always ready for my Monday fast though. I always feel more bloated on Mondays even though I don't especially overeat at weekends. Weekends are often heavier on carbs though.

I haven't been particularly light headed on fast days even at the start. I have been on a very low carb diet for two years prior to 5:2 and wondered if its because I'm already adapted to fat burning. I did get quite spaced out when I first went low carb.
Not me :-(. I don't feel bad though, so I can't complain. I'm hoping it is something that will happen. I could do with an energy boost!
Sometimes get a definite feeling of euphoria. Not every fast day, though. I might keep a record of moods and see if its related to what I've eaten before / on fast days.
I have noticed that on fast days I find myself doing jobs I normally hate doing i.e. cleaning the oven tidying cupboards generally doing a bit of spring cleaning ha ha not sure what to make of that
67 posts Page 1 of 5