The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

69 posts Page 3 of 5
Re: Lets see what u eat
22 Apr 2013, 12:15
I do coffee and tea with a bit of half and half in the morning. Then while at work I drink two 50 oz bottles of water each with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a splash of liquid stevia and tea or bouillon if I am feeling peckish. Then when I get home I do a small bit of plain greek yogurt with frozen blueberries-this keeps me from nibbling while making dinner. For dinner I have a protein source (fish or chicken) over a bed of greens with a splash of oil and some balsamic vinegar. After wards I do tea to stave off the after dinner cravings.
Lets see what u eat
22 Apr 2013, 12:26
Hot water and squeeze of lemon first thing, porridge and water as a treat(!) lunchtime (150), then 200g Haddock roasted (168cals) 100g cabbage (29cals) Spinach (40 cals) and a poached egg(60cals) total 447. I eat the same things on each fast so I dont have to think about it. Im on day 5 and thoroughly enjoying it!
22 Apr 2013, 16:43
My fasting menu has evolved to water, tea, coffee and kombucha during the day. After a swim and workout I usually have a soup made with fresh organic veggies and some tantalizing spices. Today it will be a variation of squash soup with jalapeno and whatever else is to be found in the frigo.
11 Oct 2013, 19:03
Chicken or salmon with roasted veg in the evening. Black sugarless coffee and water throughout the day.
11 Oct 2013, 19:14
Varies. This week it has been a piece of protein and green veg.
Last couple of weeks it was bulletproof coffee.
Before that it was soup
Before that it was slimpasta with a veggie sauce of sorts.
11 Oct 2013, 19:22
Nothing all day except water; in the evening a huge salad with as many different veggies as I can think of, sometimes with a bit of one of those lovely prepared M&S nutty wholefood salads and either a chicken breast or some salmon. Sometimes if in a rush I have one of the M&S 'Fuller Longer' meals.
11 Oct 2013, 19:24
Quorn "chicken" pieces and mushroom curry on a bed of cauliflower rice...

Or quorn mince spaggie bol on a bed of courgette spaghetti....

This is my three-minute meal.... salmon (microwave for 3 mins) whilst dry-frying courgette spaghetti and wilting spinach. Great if you are starving and can't wait to eat!!

Cauliflower base pizza and home-made coleslaw...

(this was my first ever attempt, since then I've tweaked it and make the base smaller and thicker so the cheese allowance looks like it goes further!!!)

If I'm feeling lazy, I'll buy a pack of mushroom stir fry from Aldi and a pack of fresh prawns and have those combined with a little added spinach and Worcester sauce... or I'll have a salad with a couple of hard-boiled eggs.
11 Oct 2013, 19:50
I started out with breakfast from 5:2 book
Porridge made with water and teaspoon of honey.
or
2 hard boiled eggs and 5 cherry tomatoes.
or
1 hard boiled egg 2 slices of wafer thin ham 5 cherry tomatoes.
During the day plenty of water the occasional coffee with a splash of skimmed milk.
Evening meal would be
Tuna with huge salad
or
Smoked haddock green beans half tin of plum tomatoes
or
100g chicken stir fried with green beans half red or yellow pepper bulked out with shredded savoy cabbage.
Now I don't have breakfast and use all (or struggle to) calories at teatime usually the above with some fruit.
11 Oct 2013, 20:01
I don't eat until the evening and just have rooibos, coffee and fizzy water during the day. Evening meal is often soup, yesterday's was lentil, bean and chilli a large bowl for about 350 cals. Sometimes I have a tin of tomatoes on 2 pieces of toast or a few low sugar beans on toast if I am feeling lazy.
11 Oct 2013, 20:39
Today I had water an green tea till 2pm then I had a whole meal pitta with 1 1/2 much rooms and a spring onion dry fried then mixed with 30g light philly 162 cals

For tea I had potato and egg hash,

125g potato diced
1/2 onion
50g mushrooms
1 tsp olive oil
Chilli flakes

Mix in bowl put in small oven dish, baked for 20 mins, then make a dip crack egg into then bake few more mins

270 cals

Was really tasty and also filling xx
11 Oct 2013, 21:35
I'm a tea- aholic so I have to allow a full cup of 100%skim milk-91 calories.

A 65-70 gram boiled egg with salt. mmmmm 4.30 pm - 5.00 now at 3.30 to avoid fog feeling.

Steamed fish or even a crumbed fish with low cal veg, some strawberries. Maybe an extra cup of tea or two. I have a lot of skim milk in my tea. :smile:
12 Oct 2013, 03:26
Oh, Domane, everything is so yummy on your pictures!
14 Oct 2013, 01:39

Cauliflower rice with a lot of seasonings and allll the veggies
14 Oct 2013, 09:42
Its liquid fast day for me today and I'm drinking this. A normal bulletproof coffee has about 220 calories but I only put a teaspoon each of coconut oil and butter, knocking it back to 78 cals.
14 Oct 2013, 10:11
Porridge made with unsweetened almond milk (approx 200 cals)+ 4 prunes at about 13:30 post exercise. Then summer huge salad + Cottage cheese or Winter huge home made veg soup. :clover:
69 posts Page 3 of 5