The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

69 posts Page 4 of 5
Re: Lets see what u eat
06 Dec 2013, 05:53
Lets get this baby back on the board,

Yesterdays stuffed peppers with lean ground meat, corn, cauli rice, salsa, beans and a little cheese

06 Dec 2013, 10:52
Chicken salad with lots of veggies and balsamic vinegar, a ginger snap cookie, coffe and water was my intake yesterday.
06 Dec 2013, 10:59
If I eat, its one meal in the evening of either chicken or fish with a salad or vegetables. Low carb so I'm not wasting my calories on a small amount of food.
09 Dec 2013, 22:36
Dinner options,Chicken and vege stir fry with oyster sauce, fisherman's pie from Hairy dieters cookbook, lamb and barley soup, BBQ chicken thigh with enormous salad. All usually around 300 cals as hubby still has brekky and lunch on fast days ( brekky 1 wheat bix and skim milk and lunch an under 100 cal vege soup like cream of celery soup which is on the forum recipe section.) I just have tea and water through the day but have a salad for lunch if I feel like I want something which I have the last few fasts.
Xxx julianna
09 Dec 2013, 23:08
I had ham salad for lunch and a ginormous veggie curry & chickpeas this evening.
Chickpeas 'do it' for me, bowel wise (sorry if that's too much info, folks!)
26 Jan 2014, 13:51
On my fast days i just drink water and cups of tea with sweeteners, i find it easier to follow this way because its so simple :)
05 Feb 2014, 14:49
Usually (wll have done for 4 of my 5 fasts to date)
Poached egg on a slice of toasted Nimble for brekkie (can't skip brekkie as had it for years)

lunchtime either a cuppa a soup . under 60 cals OR some melon and strawberries

evening meal around 6pm would be either a little lean chicken with a huge salad or some prawns and a salad OR a lower choice of Weight watchers meal around 250 ish
Lots and lots of water inbetween
05 Feb 2014, 15:02
On fast days, I just save all of my calories for dinner. I can eat 600 calories on fast day, due to my high TDEE, so I can have a nice dinner, actually.

I sometimes make a turkey chili with chipotle and chocolate, or a veggie curry with brown rice, or a nice chicken breast and a plate full of vegetables.
In the hot weather, it's nearly always a large green salad with a bit of protein (chicken, egg, tuna or cottage cheese).
05 Feb 2014, 15:06
Mines a little boaring same thing every time
Late lunch about 2pm boiled egg and 1 slice of toast
Late Dinner about 7pm Breast of chicken fillet grilled with salad.
And lots and lots of water in between.
05 Feb 2014, 15:11
Mine is -
2 hard boiled eggs with a side salad for lunch and then shop bought Spinach daal from Waitrose (which is delicious!) oh and loads of decaf black coffee all day x
05 Feb 2014, 15:20
Oooh I love the look of those stuffed peppers...haven't had that for years!

One thing I notice is that not many of you have puddings. I always save calories so I can have a low cal chocolate mousse or something similar. Is that a bad idea d'you think?

Anyway, tonight I'm having an M&S Fuller Longer Pulled Ham in mustard sauce with mash and runner beans...can't wait!

Bean :starving:
05 Feb 2014, 17:31
Today I had a cup of miso soup at around 12noon. I'm having tomato and red lentil soup when my partner arrives.

I make this with two tins of chopped tomatoes, a couple of handfuls of red lentils, an onion, a clove of garlic,a couple of celery sticks, a tablespoon of red pesto, a stock cube and lots of basil. Everything is blitzed in the liquidizer, but you could have it chumky.

It is very tasty and filling.
05 Feb 2014, 18:40
@nursebean I don't think it matters if you have pudding, if you've saved the calories. I don't have puddings anyway so it would be unnatural for me to have one on my fast day. Sometimes I save cals for a square of 85% chocolate though which could be classed as a pudding :oops:
05 Feb 2014, 19:00
jaijo03 wrote: Anyone fancy posting what they eat on fast days ? Looking for inspiration plz

Hi
Yesterday: Hairy Dieters cheese, leek and onion pastie at 231 cal for brunch and veggie soup, 60 cal, followed by a frittata at196 cal for dinner. Cup of proper tea is a must at breakfast though.
Tomorrow: tomorrow I am having the Hairy Dieters Pepper Steak! :grin:
05 Feb 2014, 19:08
Tonight I ate seasoned chicken breast, quinoa and bulgar wheat with some roasted cherry tomatoes and red pepper and a leafy green salad with beetroot. I have a very happy tummy right now :)
69 posts Page 4 of 5