The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

69 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: Lets see what u eat
05 Feb 2014, 19:15
What a great thread! Really inspiring to see what people eat and different approaches.
I usually just have an (early) evening meal of omelette with smoked salmon or mackerel - easy and tasty! Might try some of these suggestions though!
05 Feb 2014, 19:16
Two chicken thighs roasted with Cajun spices.226 cals
Half a red pepper, half a yellow pepper, half a courgette, a red onion roasted with garlic olive oil and balsamic vinegar. 80cals with oil.
05 Feb 2014, 23:24
I made a Butternut squash carbonara with Quorn bacon slice 427 cals. It was lovely having never eaten it before I can't workout why.
06 Feb 2014, 01:02
sometime I have this: Image
06 Feb 2014, 18:23
I'm trying not to eat during the day and save my calories for the evening. I just had my fast day dinner which consisted of two Lincolnshire Veggie Sausages, a poached egg on a bed of spinach, with baked mushrooms and baby plum tomatoes on the side. It was delicious and adds up to 318 calories. Leaving me space for perhaps a little greek yoghurt with fruit or a few almonds to snack on. Nice.
06 Feb 2014, 18:53
I just have coffee through the day and dinner.

I started off having soups and things but my mum recently bought a load of weight watchers ready meals at around 250 calories and I feel full after. Sometimes I have a 2 egg vegetable
Omelette which is amazing and very very filling.
06 Feb 2014, 18:53
It would appear you are a big Hairy Dieters fan @Little Boo my aim is to cook one of their meals, such as their lasagne with leeks instead of pasta or chili con carne, or sweet and sour chicken. Have you tried any of those?

Bean :starving:
06 Feb 2014, 20:28
Today:-

1. 40g porridge, teaspoon of manuka honey and 15ml single cream.
2. Mint tea
3. Black coffee
4. Coffee with single cream
5. Hairy dieters salad chili thingie
6. 2 x (12.5ml malt whisky and low cal dry ginger)
7. Several mugs of tea made: 2 parts M&S strong tea to 1 part Earl Grey served with milk.
8. Water

;-)
07 Feb 2014, 00:58
My dinner last Tuesday. mind you it was after a big birthday celebration at a Bavarian cafe which mean sausages, saurkraut, pork knuckles, schnitzels and struedel!

this is my typical fast dinner meal where i grab bits and pieces like I would get lefters (have a frittata i made the other day, a bean sprout salad, a bit of chicken i pan fried in butter and olive oil and and garlic and cumin for spices, topped with home made chilli sauce. Plus a simple cucumber salad. I did steal some of my daughter's pumpkin but i couldnt help myself.

salad-chicken.jpg
69 posts Page 5 of 5