The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

67 posts Page 2 of 5
Re: Are you an apple or a pear?
31 Jan 2013, 11:55
cuddly wrote: I reckon I'm an upside down pear, big on top thinner below.
Barbara

That's an apple!
31 Jan 2013, 11:57
Glenda wrote:
cuddly wrote: I reckon I'm an upside down pear, big on top thinner below.
Barbara

That's an apple!

Haha!

Not necessarily! I have known a few upside down pears!
31 Jan 2013, 12:22
Im the same as carorees - always a pear for years until recently and now im a melon!
31 Jan 2013, 13:13
I'm a pear.

I've always struggled to find jeans that fit, always so tight around the thigh and too loose around the middle. I see skinny jeans everywhere but where are the fatty jeans?!

I totally agree about the jeans! Although I've recently discovered Levi's ID Bold Curve. A bit pricey but worth it for the fit. I also struggle a lot with knee high boots!
31 Jan 2013, 15:03
an apple who wants to be a pear. :)
31 Jan 2013, 15:14
Jodun wrote: I'm a pear.

I've always struggled to find jeans that fit, always so tight around the thigh and too loose around the middle. I see skinny jeans everywhere but where are the fatty jeans?!

I totally agree about the jeans! Although I've recently discovered Levi's ID Bold Curve. A bit pricey but worth it for the fit. I also struggle a lot with knee high boots!

Thanks Jodun, I'll look into those jeans, I've never had a pair which properly fitted me.

I also struggle with knee high boots (even wellies) due to my tremendous calves! I had a catalogue (think it was Marisota?) that had a nice range of boots for larger calved ladies - the names of the sizes were quite nice on the whole... Standard, Extra Large, Ultra Large, Extra Ultra Large and Super Curvy. I didn't like the sound of 'extra ultra large' and unfortunately that's the size I come out as (though maybe not anymore! this was pre 5:2). I would have rather been Super Curvy, it sounds nicer!
31 Jan 2013, 15:26
I think we make quite a fruit bowl!
Cherries, anyone? :lol:
31 Jan 2013, 15:54
Defiantly an Apple large blobs and belly slim legs. Got about 1 1/2 st to loose so hope to become more of a courgette lol
31 Jan 2013, 16:42
A misshapen pear ;)
31 Jan 2013, 16:53
Moogie wrote: Definitely a pear, bum's not *that* bad because I have a smallish waist so it looks quite nice (according to hubby!) but my thighs are like tree trunks. Seems to run in the family. I've always struggled to find jeans that fit, always so tight around the thigh and too loose around the middle. I see skinny jeans everywhere but where are the fatty jeans?!

I feel your pain! I have to have a belt on my jeans because I actually have a waist (more so these days) and if I don't wear a belt they slip down - right down :oops: - I can take them off without unzipping!!! I find the belt really uncomfortable because it has to be tight enough to stop the jeans falling down :evil: so I often end up wearing either loose linen trousers with a drawstring waist (nice in summer) or stretchy trousers from M&S which are rather middle-aged (yes, I know I AM middle-aged, but I don't want to LOOK middle-aged!).
31 Jan 2013, 17:03
Sounds like are all shapes and sizes - quite a fruit salad!

Jeans buying is hard for me too. As an apple I have a tummy and relatively thin legs. If I buy jeans to fit my waist, the legs are too baggy!

I found skinny ultra stretch jeans from Dorothy Perkins really good for me. I saw them on a fashion blog a while back. I was dubious, haven't bought there in years but they fit everything well and (as long as worn with a long top) look quite flattering! :D

Worth a look for apples. I wear them all the time
31 Jan 2013, 17:44
I'm an apple. I look OK from the front, I go in at the waist, but from the side I look as though I'm 6 months pregnant, although I have to say my stomach has reduced since starting on 5:2. I too struggle to find trousers that fit, so when my weight loss is complete, I will be off to Dorothy Perkins.
Pat
31 Jan 2013, 17:58
Another pear here. I'm hoping to change from one type of pear to another one..maybe move from a Packham to a Conference if I can trim down a bit?! :)
31 Jan 2013, 21:05
I am a pear - Apple's who really want to change shape, you could try reducing sugar as much as possible. Apparently, middle weight often comes from sugar - my midriff shrank a lot when I stopped eating it much.
31 Jan 2013, 21:17
Yes Liz- I'm an apple with a sweet tooth!

Guilty as charged! :oops:

Seems to be hard to stop!
67 posts Page 2 of 5