The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

67 posts Page 1 of 5
Are you an apple or a pear?
31 Jan 2013, 08:24
I'm most definitely an apple and carry all my excess weight round my waist, which is the most dangerous place to carry it. I'm reasonably slim elsewhere.
I aim to lose 3 stones, would would settle for 2.

I just wondered if we have a mix of apples and pears here, or a preponderance of one kind.
Re: Are you an apple or a pear?
31 Jan 2013, 08:38
I'm an apple too, sadly. Not the greatest shape in the world.

But three weeks in, my apple is looking somewhat diminished.

Why are we confined to apples and pears, shape-wise? I think I know a few bananas - lucky them. :D
31 Jan 2013, 08:45
Could be worse, Pixie - think of the pineapples.
31 Jan 2013, 09:00
Actually, I think I'm an ugli fruit!
31 Jan 2013, 09:03
Pear for years but recently a hint of apple creeping in...going in reverse now I hope!
31 Jan 2013, 09:09
Intriguing concept to change fruit as you go through life.

Which fruit is coming next, I ask myself? :?
31 Jan 2013, 09:32
Apple here. Wonder which variety I'd be?
31 Jan 2013, 10:44
Definitely a pear, bum's not *that* bad because I have a smallish waist so it looks quite nice (according to hubby!) but my thighs are like tree trunks. Seems to run in the family. I've always struggled to find jeans that fit, always so tight around the thigh and too loose around the middle. I see skinny jeans everywhere but where are the fatty jeans?!
31 Jan 2013, 10:47
Probably somewhere between I think. I have very big muscly thighs but quite a flat bum. I have a definite waist but big hips and tummy. It will be interesting to see what actual shape my body is as I lose weight and not just where I carry the flab lol.
31 Jan 2013, 10:58
So Moogie, are you a pear balanced on top of two bananas?

Sorry, am finding this fast hard hence the stupid comments! :D

True, Witchy Wife, we are often a different shape underneath all the flab. I think if was eight and a half stone (I am 5' 6") I would be an elongated pear. At 12 stone ish I am definitely an apple or maybe a mutant pear?

I will have to google and check what an ugli fruit looks like!
31 Jan 2013, 11:42
I reckon I'm an upside down pear, big on top thinner below.
Barbara
31 Jan 2013, 11:50
Fast Jo wrote: Could be worse, Pixie - think of the pineapples.

I'm not tall enough to be a pineapple but my hair's doing a pretty good impression this morning! :lol:
31 Jan 2013, 11:53
Ha! My hair is not looking too clever either today but what's the point when you know you're going to get rained on? :)

Hungry today after eating breakfast and not sleeping well. Off to put the kettle on for more tea ...
67 posts Page 1 of 5