The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

70 posts Page 4 of 5
Best wises TML and sympathies to you and your family. Look after yourself.
My condolences to you and your family. Take Care.
Hi TML, I wasn't on forum either so missed your first posts, I feel for you because I have just lost my mum (a few months ago) and only this week have finally finished clearing out her flat. I have had to take three weeks off the diet as my emotions have been all over the place, I am an only child so had no one to really talk to, as I didn't know about this WOL then or the forum. I was her carer for 7 years and towards the end she was blind deaf and had dementia. The caring and then the losing of a loved one does leave you weak so as the others have said be kind to yourself and enjoy every precious minute with your aunt, for now, the diet is not important. Sending you hugs xxx
Just realised I missed a whole page of replies and that your aunt has now passed away, sending you loads of hugs. We are all thinking of you. Take it a day at a time. Toni xxx
Hi TML,

I hope that you are doing okay. My Granddad passed away last week so I understand how things must be for you at the moment. My condolences for you and your family, please remember that we are here for you whenever you need us!
Thank you all very much for your kind words and support!
It's been a rough few weeks and the last days were a nightmare. I know that nobody lives forever but the injustice of losing someone because the doctors were so horrible is a huge burden to carry.
Anyway, I am trying to rest today. I was planning to do some housework but I can't seem to find the strength so I'm just sitting here, trying to figure out how many things I have to do tomorrow and on the next days.
I'm trying to calorie count these days (I don't eat much but I eat lots of crap) and it seems that I haven't eaten way too much and I haven't gained any weight in the past week. I haven't lost either but with all the stress and alcohol I wasn't expecting to.
I am planning to fast tomorrow. I don't know if I'll make it but it is a plan and maybe sticking to it will help me get back on track.
TML - hang in there girl!

It sounds as if things have been truly awful, and it's a wonder you are thinking about fasting at all ... But 'when the going gets tough, the tough get going' keep on going and let us know how you get on, everyone here will be thinking about you :like: :heart: :like:
We're right behind you TML13, with comfort and support. In time you'll bounce back but now is the time to grieve and remember her and spend time with your Mum.
The sun sets but soon will rise again.
All shall be well.
Good morning!
I am up and in fasting mood but I'm not going to force myself in any way.
I had friends visiting from Norway and England last night and we went to dinner and I totally forgot about all things sad, which was a good alteration in the pattern of the last weeks.
That's good TML, see how you do - no pressure (most of all from YOU!) Have a good day
Yes, Janeg, it is true, all the pressure regarding the diet comes from me!
Hi TML,

Sorry to hear about your aunt, what all the others said: stressful times are not good times to think about diets. I apologize for not reading your message until now. Take it easy, don't be too hard on yourself and not to worry, you'll be on track in good time. Wishing you all the best :clover:

josie50
Thank you, Josie!
I must admit that, so far, fasting and trying to work are the only things that I managed to do.
No housework, no switching between the summer/winter clothes, not even trying to de-frizz my hair, LOL! I think that fasting is a good way to avoid doing much cooking or going to the supermarket, two tasks that I can't find the courage to complete until now.
Hi TML, don't know how I've missed this thread previously. Have just read through it and can see what a really sad time you've been having. Your aunt is now at peace and it's hardest for those who loved her who are left behind. Try and remember the happy times and know that, for her, this is the best thing - she has no more pain to contend with, no more suffering. Be kind to yourself in this sad time in your life - whatever you need to do to help you come out the otherside then just give in gracefully - there'll be time later for you to pick yourself up and re-group. Sending you love and hugs through the ether xx
70 posts Page 4 of 5