The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

70 posts Page 5 of 5
Thanks so much, I'm trying to focus on all the things that you mention. It's still too soon though and I'm too angry.

I did manage to fast today! Yet I still haven't hoovered or changed my sheets...
:hugleft: :heart: :hugright: Dear TML 13
So sorry to read about your tough times lately. As a society we still have a lot to learn about supporting people and their significant others at times like you have had as a family. Grief makes us feel like we can hardly move so no wonder your struggle. Time to take good care of you and be gentle with yourself. This forum is a lovely support system to link with. Thinking of you :heart:
Hi Gillimary,
thanks for your insight!
You are all right, I can see that I can't push myself to do anything because nothing happens anyway, LOL!
One step at a time (and preferably not behind a hoover!) - hope you are managing to get some sleep, good night and god bless x
He he, I really need to get behind that hoover though.
I did manage to get some sleep but its quality sucks big time.
Thanks so much!!!
Yes, Gillymary, it can't do other wise even if it wanted to, LOL! I wonder if the time will come when the dust will get tired of me and get up and go!

Oh Janeg, the say that anger won't take us anywhere but it is the only "real" feeling I feel lately!

When I was 6 years old, there was a big earthquake in Athens. I fell off my bed and got really, really scared. Starting that night, I didn't want to sleep in my room or my bad. So my mum evicted dad and took me with her. Everybody told her that this is a mistake, that I will never return to my bed, that I will be scarred for life. My parents thought that I would be scarred if I was forced to sleep where I was afraid to, while the aftershocks were still going. So they just let me take my time. I took it and one night I told my mum "I am returning to my room tonight, I missed my bed".

I mentioned this story because not all of us are the same. Yes, many people will say that anger is not good. Well, I am angry and the least I can do is to allow myself to feel my feelings...
TML13, who are 'they' that say that anger won't take us anywhere?
ANger is a real emotion and has purpose. Suppressing feelings and emotions isn't good for us. And if you are in any way 'into' psychology then you will be well aware of the stages of grief. Anger is right in there!
So, you feel angry and let yourself feel it. It will pass and other feelings will join in too.
This is a rocky journey and it's your journey, so feel what you need to.
x
I agree with you!!! By "they" I mean my mum and some relatives who say that there is no point in feeling angry and wanting to strangle the doctors who are responsible but, personally, I dream of hurting them!!!
70 posts Page 5 of 5