The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

70 posts Page 2 of 5
Keep posting, however negative, we all need to know how you are doing, and I know you will be OK :heart:

Ballerina x
I will, this forum is the last addi(c)tion in my life! I love it here! Thanks again!
It must be getting on towards tomorrow for you. I hope this day is better for you. Take care and keep in touch. hugs
Huge hugs to you TML. It's amazing what emotions can do to our physical well being so take care of yourself at this time. Thinking of you xxx
Hi TML,
We all want you to know that you are very special. I always look forward to seeing your 'girl in front of the red bus' picture because I know I'm about to read something authentic, supportive and usually funny. I agree with everyone in saying be kind to yourself at this difficult time. What would your bestie say to you? Plus
you have already done 2 fasts this week so by not fasting today you are switching things around and keeping your body guessing which might just jolt you off that plateau. Chin up and hugs to you : )
Your posts usually give us a really great laugh TML so it was sad to hear about your no good, very bad day. It is so difficult to be cheerful sometimes when you know that a loved family member is also suffering.

Hoping that today is much better for you. :heart:
Sending you lots of :heart: I hope it gets better soon and today is not a failure its just life.((hugs))
Sorry I missed this ast night, I hope you are feeling beter this morning.

And you are not a failure, someimes we have to give ourselves a break.

Hugs.
Like Swedey, I've missed your initial posts, and just to let you know I'm thinking of you and hoping that today is kinder to you (and you're being a wee bit kinder to yoursefl too ) x
Hi TML,

Sorry to hear about your aunt. It might be best to put 5/2 to the back of your mind for the time being and try to distract yourself with activities you enjoy and pamper yourself in other ways (nice hot bath, reading a nice book, going for a walk etc). I've seemed to notice alcohol can bring temporary relief but in the long term increases feelings of depression and anxiety. Whatever it is you do, take it easy. :clover:
Dear TML'
Are you feeling the love? So many of us are sending you our thoughts, love and best wishes. Take care :heart:
What they said! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: and sending virtual hugs your way.
I'm with you TML. I've been through difficult times recently and I actually spent more time on the forum - the people on here really help make you feel better.
Aaaawwwwwwwwwwww you guys! You are all sooooooooooooooooooo sweet! Thanks for making me smile!!!

There's no change in my aunt's situation so far...

I can tell you though (I believe I've said it once before) eating naughty things is deffo the cure for constipation. I had a bag of crisps last night and 3 glasses of wine and I went twice this morning before I even had coffee!!! And I stayed under my TDEE (the one of our tracker) and I didn't gain any weight so I don't have any additional, diet-related, depression.

Thanks again for all your lovely support! Non-dieting brings out the best of us! :-)
Wasn't on forum most of yesterday so just read this thread. So sorry about your news & just wanted to send my thoughts & support like everyone else - this forum has a lovely family feel :heart:
And I think this WOE really puts us in tune with your bodies - learning when we are just thirsty or bored & not really hungry. But sometimes our bodies need food for other reasons than just nutrition. Sometimes it can help us to find the extra energy or strength to cope with difficult situations. So listen to your body right now - be good to yourself - a few days off, if you want, will make no difference in the long run as you've done so well x
70 posts Page 2 of 5