The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

375 posts Page 9 of 25
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25 Next
Re: 5:2 + 16:8
05 Jun 2013, 22:08
Welcome aboard pumpkin42, keep posting so we can all compare notes. Hi Annie. How are you getting on Sarahg, mummybunny, gillymary and motherof2?

16:8 today, this is what I ate..... Ok or too much?
Green tea all morning
Lunch at 1:30 huge salad with a boiled egg and 2 slices of ham
Banana with a small pot of custard
Pear
Several cups of chai with 1% milk during the afternoon
Dinner at 7:30 huge salad with homemade katsu chicken breast curry (grilled not fried)
Rice cracker with cathedral city cheese portion, branston pickle and an apple
Cup of chai
Going to bed with a full tummy.

5:2 fast tomorrow. Hope this is working. Still 10st 1lb this morning
05 Jun 2013, 22:15
Hi Wendy Darling, your day's eating looks sensible to me! Do you like eating salad that much? ;-). Don't know if I'd fancy salad 2 meals in a row but that's just me and you have a healthier BMI than I do...

I'm fasting tomorrow too, hoping I can keep the motivation up. See you on tomorrow's fasting thread? [[waves]]
05 Jun 2013, 22:39
Lol, yes I quite like salad when the weather is warm and the amount of lettuce you can have is amazing :grin: my plate is piled higher than those of the family's!! I am afraid to have any rice or potatoes in case that's what's stopping me losing weight. Because I have always eaten healthily but ott with chocolate and wine and portion sizes I have never paid too much attention to calories and have never dieted so I don't really know what I'm doing so I'm just being as good as possible. Yes, see you on the fasting thread tomorrow. Keep going if you can :clover: :smile:
05 Jun 2013, 23:25
Yesterday was a fast day, and today I'm doing my first 16:8.

So far: 16 pistachios at about 9:00 (50 calories); not great, but also not terrible; at 10:30, a hardboiled egg with mustard; at 11:30 a 3"x3" square of fresh out of the oven, homemade coffee cake--be still my beating heart; at 2:00pm 6 cracked pepper triscuits with a total of 2T soft cheese and sliced, from the garden tomatoes--unbelievably tasty and a tiny sliver of chile-chocolate with strong coffee. What a total joy so far! Yet to come, an early supper--salad and some chicken and a glass of chardonnay. Perfection! :cool:

I know I sound very weird, but it is soooooo fun to eat something that tastes really good and be within my guidelines for today. :victory:

Tomorrow will be another 16:8 or will it also be a 5:2? TBA :?:
05 Jun 2013, 23:37
Hi Wendy and the ever growing 5:2+16:8 team
Broke fast with lunch out yesterday shared with a friend was salad & veggie pie + figs & almond cake with coffee which was yummy & portion size all half
Gym on way home so hit the crackers & cheese once in the door for post exercise protein hit
Dinner was home made turkey & veg cottage pie with fresh salad followed by sliver of home made pear & cherry pie with custard & cream dollops
Snack was a handful of salted peanuts and also add my cups of tea milk with tad honey
By end of my eating window I was full as a goog but happy as I had also had a big walk late Afternoon with DH. yesterday ticked all the boxes it was great only restriction was the time I ate
Good sleep was had and no headache all day, what a relief
06 Jun 2013, 00:11
Hi all
Fasted yesterday and in fact ate under 500 as I didn't have time for a long dinner
Told myself I would have breakfast this morning and not do 16/8 today but woke up feeling not a bit hungry but am tired and irritable.....maybe I am starving
Anyway plan to do,16/8 but will try eat well in the 8 hour window.
Annie,I found on nonfast days if I eat breakfast I get soooo hungry a few hours later so for me skipping breakfast really helps .
06 Jun 2013, 00:57
I need some help please :)

How many calories do you eat on a feed day? I don't know if I should use my TDEE, BMR, or somewhere in between.

Sarah, I agree about breakfast. I typically wait until at least 1:00 p.m. before I break my fast and I've even gone as late as 5:30 p.m. for a 21 hour fast. 16 hours is what I'm aiming for on a daily basis though and if it happens to go longer then that's okay too.
06 Jun 2013, 03:46
Well I am happy to say that I had a successful fast yesterday (22hours & 400cal)
Went for an early 1 hour walk outside.
Had breakfast at 11, felt really good, focused, energetic AND thinner
Doing 4 hour eating today.
Had lunch now 2pm and I feel full from 1 boiled egg, few slices beetroot, cracker with a bit of peanut butter and a coffee. All of these are some of my favourite foods..and a few almonds
7 hours to bed time...will see how this works for me!

ANNIE2012: I would aim for TDEE or less if you can.
06 Jun 2013, 05:46
Annie
You don't appear to have your stats available. My TDEE has been calculated for me as I completed my weight height and waist measurements and exercise into my forum profile and my BMI and TDEE are then available see my progress tracker, and what is given as my progress
I also use my fitness pal ap just to record what I am eating and my daily exercise for a rough guide as to how i am feeding but MFP is recommending a much lower daily calorie intake so I ignore that and focus on this forums calculation of my TDEE. It is all trial and seeing how you tolerate fasting and feeding and which way your body sheds.
I am finding my body tells me if I am not eating enough on feed days as I feel awful and I don't want that. Hope that helps
06 Jun 2013, 09:19
Drat just deleted my completed post - don't ya hate that :frown:

Going well with my second 5:2 fast within a fast :razz: no headaches
Forgot I was fasting which was fabulous. 2 low cal soups and goodly amount of low cal fluids , another cuppa and I am closing that window. Think this might be my solution, fingers crossed

Hope everyone else is having a cruisy day :smile:
06 Jun 2013, 09:21
Annie, really good advice from Gillymary and UN2NET. Use the resources of this forum, put all your stats in the tracker and take it from there. My fitness pal is easy to find on the net, and really useful for tracking calories on the days you want to do so.

Ive had a really good week so far. Ate normally mon as holiday in NZ, liquid fast on Tuesday, 16/8 on wed, bit naughty at lunch that day when window opened as there was a catered lunch at work with mince savouries which I can never say no to. About to go to bed after a 455 cal dinner. I usually weigh on Fri, but I also dont usually fast on Thurs so my weigh may be a little out. Like many others I weigh daily so will check on Sat as well!!
06 Jun 2013, 09:26
You are all making me laugh with your exciting range of 16:8 food. Pistachios? Tomatoes? Boiled egg ???? Oh what joy :grin: Would you have even mentioned them before starting this WoE? Cake yes!!!! Like the sound of that pear and cherry pie too. With cream????? Fantastic :smile:
I am 5:2ing today, nothing but green tea till dinner tonight.
06 Jun 2013, 10:48
Hello 16:8ers I am on my second day. Yesterday I had two coffees with milk before having lunch at 12-45 of yoghurt, banana & a spoon of honey & an iced bun. Things went a bit downhill then with eating a Boost chocolate bar & half of an M&S pizza & strawberries & cream & a glass of wine for supper. Total calories 1553 for the day. So far this day one coffee with milk & drinking water. I have read the 8 hour diet summary book,& coffee with milk seems not to be allowed outside of the 8 hour eating window? I do not really like coffee without milk! It's only a few calories?
06 Jun 2013, 11:05
Hi Isis, I know that Ballerina doesn't take milk outside of the 8 hour window because milk has to be digested. Mind you I think she said she doesn't like milk in coffee anyway!! Is there something else you can drink outside the window and just have the coffee with milk inside?
I just have green tea outside of my eating window
06 Jun 2013, 11:34
Thank you Wendy Darling. Yes I could have a fruit tea, I suppose I just need to shake up my morning routine of being woken up with a cup of coffee. I suppose to get our bodies into fat burning mode calories do need to be avoided outside of the window. It's now 12-35 so I am having a coffee with milk now :smile:
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25 Next
375 posts Page 9 of 25