The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

375 posts Page 3 of 25
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 Next
Re: 5:2 + 16:8
31 May 2013, 19:54
Thank you all you lovely people and especially your replies Betsygr8, Ballerina and Janeg. The links have been really good reading. Sooooooooooo can I just confirm with you that you can have your 8 hr window at anytime it suits, I was thinking 1pm to 8pm. No calorie counting, but should you really try not to eat too much ? Or will the reduced calorie intake really come naturally? It seems a bit scary if yiu ask me. Scary in the sense I feel I might lose control and eat too much. Well can only try eh? Good luck to all. Shall let you know how I fair x :grin:
31 May 2013, 19:58
Lol Azureblue. That's me that is! Except my Friday window might be stretched a bit :lol:
31 May 2013, 20:30
Thanks Ballerina and Wendy! I guess this is not for me, since I can't drink my coffee without milk.
31 May 2013, 20:51
Hi MissyG,

I personally have a very relaxed attitude to my eating times. It all depends on what is ahead of me for the day. I have been known to start eating at 11 a.m. or not until after 3.p.m. It does not matter so long as you are not going, significantly, over your time otherwise you then cut short your fasting time, something I'm very reluctant to do as I wish to reap as many of the, alleged, long term health benefits as possible. Most days, my 'window' is actually nearer 4-6 hours rather than 8 but that is fine. Today, for instance, I had a VERY substantial lunch at 2 p.m. and I now won't eat again till tomorrow lunchtime thus giving me a nice long fast.

Reduced calorie intake is something that seems to be a side effect of 5:2 and/or 16/8 and it just creeps up you but that is a good thing as it was overeating that got me too heavy in the first place. I have a fridge full of chocolate and where I would indulge EVERY day, and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, now, weeks can go by before I even think about it. I also drink less wine, like a lot of people have also commented on, but again, I think this a good, if surprising thing.

Hope you get on well with whatever you do so, good luck and let us know how it goes,

Ballerina x :heart:
31 May 2013, 20:58
Thank you, will definitely give it a go next week x x
01 Jun 2013, 00:25
Missyg ,I have been doing 4.3 for about a month now and just started16.8 but have noticed on nonfast days I don't feel like over indulging.even on the days I have felt starving hungry I wanted veggies not cake
Initially it was a conscious decision ,not wanting to eat junk to sabotage my fasting efforts but now I really don't feel like the sweets.
My hard time is the evening after dinner,I just keep looking for things to eat not necessarily sweets.i eat yogurt,crackers ,fruit.anyway,last night after 16.8 day I had a good dinner and then just stopped eating.
Loving this thread,love the support.
Feeling full of energy to start my day
Bit cold here in Australia but gorgeous and sunny.just had my black coffee...TML I read somewhere that it is ok to have a lash of milk in coffee
01 Jun 2013, 07:19
Im going to try the same as azureblue....sounds a fab plan and can enjoy the weekends properly!!
:like: :grin:
01 Jun 2013, 07:21
Hi Sarahg,

So glad to see you are getting on well with this. It is lovely when you realise that your old 'not so healthy' choices are being replaced, naturally, with much better ones. Like you, evening were always my 'danger zones' but not now, I just don't think about it.

You are quite right about the dashes of milk in coffee, the thing is that it does not seriously alter your calorie intake but it does still have to be digested so, in my opinion, it would be breaking my fast. The other reason I don't do it is much simpler, I hate milk in coffee! :lol: :lol: :lol:

01 Jun 2013, 07:34
Hi ballerina et all - great thread with lots of info which I will squirrel away for future use :lol: I have just woken up after first fast for over 2 weeks, was feeling very lethargic yesterday, and looking forward to breakfast, but now I don't really feel hungry at all, just had a nice cup of tea (with a slurp of milk :grin: ) and may well go on to lunchtime before eating!

Think may call this 16:8 lite?? :wink: :razz: :grin:
01 Jun 2013, 07:45
OOOO, I like that, 16/8 lite, yep, good one :like:

01 Jun 2013, 07:48
Hi Azureblue,

put me down for the 'WAYHAY anything goes' option please :grin: :grin: :grin:

01 Jun 2013, 08:02
We have a plan, I like your suggestion especially lovely to just relax or not on weekend. Wahoo
01 Jun 2013, 08:07
Think I'm going to try the azureblue variation too ..... especially as we're now the weekend :cool:
01 Jun 2013, 08:24
Azureblue, that's what I am doing. Two days 5:2, three days 16:8 and weekends I hold off eating until I'm hungry but really I eat whenever I feel like. Results are so far so good, I'm continuing to lose at a steady rate. Give it a try.
01 Jun 2013, 08:34
Ooooh so today being Saturday (Happy Month everyone) I can eat breakfast, but I'm wondering about TDEE and counting calories in an obsessed/worried kind of way, it's ingrained after 5 months you see. But then perhaps I should look at a weeks worth of calories and divide it into this plan? Erm.
Think I just want to relax and not OCD this weekend. Have a fab couple of days y'all :0)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25 Next
375 posts Page 3 of 25