The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

375 posts Page 5 of 25
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25 Next
Re: 5:2 + 16:8
02 Jun 2013, 21:30
It was my first day doing 16:8 today and it was EASY PEASY!! :lol:

Did 1-9pm, with pasta and salad for lunch at 1, a couple of cheeky ciders in the sun during the day, and (admittedly naughty) fish and chips for dinner. It is the weekend though! ;)

Trying to decide whether or not to fast tomorrow or Tuesday, I'll be doing 16:8 the rest of the week due to plans on Wednesday and being in Copenhagen for work on Thursday/Friday. But if 16:8 is as easy as it was today (without naughty food and cider obvs!) I'll be a happy bunny :) Definitely got to mix it up with 5:2 though to get the pounds shifting!
02 Jun 2013, 21:50
I am also going to go the 16:8 route but mine will probably be more 19:5 as we usually eat lunch at 12ish and dinner around 5ish. I am also going to fast on Mon and Thurs as I've been doing since I joined here. I've lost a lot of weight but I've done it before and put it all back on once I relaxed so hopefully this will be my way of life from now on.
02 Jun 2013, 22:01
Hi aamy,

Don't forget that on your normal 500 calorie fast day you can also eat within your window so you get a fast and a low calorie day in one! How good is that? :victory:

Keep up the good work, :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
02 Jun 2013, 22:04
Getting with this program today and off the blocks with a fast today and Thursday too aamy. Looking forward to it. :)

Have a few yummy low cal soups in freezer so I can grab one for lunch and I will have my fave lentil leek goat cheese bake for dinner which was a lovely filling meal when I first started 5:2.

All the best to Wendy darling and fellow travellers with 5:2 & 16:8. Have a great holiday ballerina, glad we will still have your company & support :). That's a good tip :heart:
02 Jun 2013, 22:10
I am almost as excited about trying this as Ballerina is about going on holiday :lol:
Have done 16:8 all week and weekend but the scales were not kind to me today. Not worried though. Will be 5:2 Monday and Thursday and 16:8 every other day.

Good luck all :clover: :like: :smile:
02 Jun 2013, 22:23
Wendy Darling, that is IMPOSSIBLE!

Good luck with it anyway,

Ballerina x :heart:
03 Jun 2013, 00:36
Is everyone off to France?have a good time,Ballerina and Penny
I think you will find it ok doing 16.8 on holiday ..not sure about the fasting though.
I have been on holidays where I skip breakfast or just eat brunch and then enjoy a good dinner.
Found it worked really well to keep,wight down .
Keep in touch and have fun.
03 Jun 2013, 01:38
Very jealous of you Ballerina and Penny, hopping over to France! Takes so much planning from this side of the world. Be good to hear from you while you are away, I can enjoy a holiday in France vicariously while turning green and staying warm in the middle of winter.

Im doing a combo of everything, and I think the shock has my body so confused it just gives the weight up :smile:

So...Monday, 36 hour liquid fast, 16/8 on tues, 450 cal standard fast on wed, just have dinner, so its 16/8 as well, Thurs and Fri are 16/8, Fri night a glass of wine might sneak in. Weekends are whatever comes along, no real calorie restriction but often end up being 16/8.

When I mention this to my slim friends, or spy on them and observe their eating habits, :shock: there are quite a few similiarities! I did belong in the breakfast is the most important meal camp but have completely changed my mind on that for consenting adults. Children on their way to school are a whole different story tho
03 Jun 2013, 02:09
Happy travels you lucky ones!
I agree with juliewil, it is such a big deal from down here to go to Europe- I too will enjoy your tales of France in summer.
Yes I am also watching how my slim friends eat- part of my re-education program!
I have only done 16:8 accidently so far but will give it a proper try this week.
03 Jun 2013, 04:10
I have been doing this myself started last week I am on my fast day today . I fast Monday's and Thursday's now , and last week I did the 16/8 on Tuesday, Wednesday , and Friday . Saturday I didn't eat breakfast but ate outside of the 8 hour weekend. Sunday mornings I always have pancakes for breakfast with my daughter and I am not stopping that luxury . [ he he ]. So I am fasting 2 days, and 3 days the 16/8 and if I can I will try it in Saturday's but not Sunday's.
03 Jun 2013, 10:02
Hi Ally I am pretty much doing same as you

Well day one is about done, and apart from being so hungry that I broke my fast an hour earlier than the the plan today went well for me. Having just completed 6x36hour fluids it is lovely to get back to those small but precious morsels of food on a fast day. With this I am constrained by time. Anyway here is hoping this way works for me. Came in under 500

How are all my other buddies going doing 5:2 +16:8, well I hope?
03 Jun 2013, 10:35
This is a fantastic thread with so many interesting posts - thank you one and all. Think I'm heading this way - like the sound of 16:8 and it does in so many ways just seem to be a natural progression once we've got over not having a breakfast and our lifelong chant of "it's the most important meal of the day". Thank you my 5:2 chums :smile:
03 Jun 2013, 11:05
I have to say the idea of 16:8 intrigues me but I am actually one of those seemingly rare people that actually does like to eat breakfast and does better during the day when I eat it. On fast days I suppose I stick within an 8 hour window, mainly because I crack and have a small snack (usually berries & yogurt - frozen berries if at home cos it's yummier but pack it up in a box to take to work when I need to) at about 11.30, and then by the time it gets near to 6pm I'm about to chew my own arm off so am ready to chow down on my chicken stir fry/steak salad.

On a non-fast day I really look forward to eating breakfast. On the days I'm not at work (I work part time at the mo) I don't always dive in first thing and it can take me a while to decide what I fancy, but I still always have something. 'Start your eating window earlier' I hear you cry - and it's a thought, as I've started to notice I no longer want large evening meals, although that could be the weather (finally warm!).

I'm going to stick with just 5:2 or 4:3 (depending on what I feel like) for now and then see if my weight loss slows. Only got about 7lb to go so if 5:2 works for that then that'll do me. It's an idea for maintenance though. Thanks for all the info!
03 Jun 2013, 11:08
I am going to try 16/8 as well as my usual 5:2 fasts. Hopefully I will see a difference next Saturday on the scales.
03 Jun 2013, 11:08
hello from a 16/eighter today.
Yes, I shall make you all envious of our French holibobs and will keep in touch - after all, I wouldn't want to stray from the straight and narrow now, would I?
:wink:
We are not early risers on vacation, so by the time we've slurped a leisurely café in the awning, made a list of what to buy in the supermarché, applied liberal sun cream (am I hopeful or what?) it will be almost midday and time for another café (black, naturellement. mes amis).
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25 Next
375 posts Page 5 of 25