The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

375 posts Page 4 of 25
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25 Next
Re: 5:2 + 16:8
01 Jun 2013, 08:55
I think you should relax on the weekend. Remember that the whole point of this WOE is that it is sustainable, you will be more likely to keep it up if you are not continually worrying about how much you can eat. But, having said that I tend to be a bit like you Azureblue and worry a little that I may be undoing all the good that I have achieved in terms of weight loss etc. Have to continually remind myself of Dr MM fast diet research and the fact that this diet really does work.
01 Jun 2013, 08:59
It is Not a diet, it is a DO IT! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Ballerina x :heart:
02 Jun 2013, 10:08
Well it's time have just had a relaxing weekend and am looking forward to tomorrow with
5:2 + 16.8 e.g. Getting my head around it

Best of luck fellow travellers :clover:
02 Jun 2013, 10:11
I'm in today too though not sure if I will be doing 5:2 or 4:3. Either way my non fast days will be 16:8 :)
02 Jun 2013, 11:00
Azureblue. I wouldn't worry too much I have found having a blow out on the weekends fools the body a bit, so it is quite happy to ditch the fat on fast days because it seems to be confident that more yummy food will be coming. I am doing 5.2 at the moment with the odd 16.8 and am now hovering around the weight I should settle for. I do love my porridge with Strawberries , Blueberries, Flaxseeds and a wee drop of soy milk so I have that for lunch quite often. I am a bit nervous of starting Maintenance WOE but I am sure I will get the hang of it. :razz:
02 Jun 2013, 11:40
Looking forward to a week of 5.2 and 16/8
I really like the16/8
Fasted today and it was really easy despite going out to friends who had a huge amount of food for afternoon tea.actually fasting made it easier as I just had black tea and a bit of fruit.i think if I had not been fasting I would have eaten way too much...everything looked so good.very proud of myself that I resisted.
I have been doing 4-3 but this week will be 16.8 and 5.2
Good luck all
02 Jun 2013, 13:18
Oh, and don't forget, not only are 5:2 and 16/8 interchangeable, you can actually do both on the same day, how good is that? :like:

I am now getting 'demob happy' about going on holiday on Wednesday, in fact, I think him indoors may have to call out the vet :doctor: to come round with his tranquilliser gun to calm me down!!!! :cool: :pill: :beatup: :hypnotized: :drink:

02 Jun 2013, 14:24
I will be sticking to 16:8 everyday as skipping breakfast is no hardship but also I tend to go out twice a week until late so will miss lunch on those days to keep to the 8 hours. I'm hoping that that will be enough to be able to lose weight. It's too early to tell and it's been half term so out of my routine at the moment.
For me 16:8 is perfect but I imagine I will have to slot in some 500 calorie days to make sure the weight loss is happening. I'd prefer not to though!
02 Jun 2013, 15:27
Ballerina - will you be checking in here while you're away?? :wink:

Think I may as well go the whole hog (!) and try 16/8 5:2 as today I have missed out brek again
:victory: :lol:

I ended up meeting friends for coffee and cake by the seaside and totally missed out breakfast ... Now planning Sunday Meal before the witching hour of 7pm, and taking it from there :lol:
02 Jun 2013, 16:01
Yes, will miss you and your wit and wisdom Ballerina and if you're unable to check in whilst you're away just think what a lot less of us you will see when you return, with a bit of luck.....
Have a fantastic, relaxing holiday :heart:
02 Jun 2013, 16:11
I'm in. Been doing 16/8 this weekend. Will do it on non -fast days and see how things go.
02 Jun 2013, 17:31
I'm up for it too. i intend to do two days 5:2 three 16:8 and will decide at the weekend whay to do.
Good luck to us all!
02 Jun 2013, 18:49
I'm away in France too, from next week. we have ferry booked, camping cheques organised, caravan list prepped.... and we'll decide where we're going once we see a weather forecast, then we'll head for the sun.
As we're both careful about what we eat, My fitness Pal and scales will be going with us, but we do want to enjoy the French experience, wherever we end up!
We will be doing 16/8 at least 5 days a week and I shall combine that with a fast day per week. Other than that, I intend to eat cheese and drink wine!
02 Jun 2013, 19:07
Bonnes vacances à toutes les deux ! :hugleft:

(vous nous enverrez un petit message en français ?)
02 Jun 2013, 19:36
I don't know how I am going to manage without my daily multiple fixes on here to see how everyone is getting on. The villa has computers all over it so once we are settled there, after leaving Paris in a bemused state, I should be able to get back on line almost as normal.

I shall pop in here between swims, sunbathing or hob nobbing it in St Tropez and Monaco, oooooh I am so excited,

Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25 Next
375 posts Page 4 of 25