The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

68 posts Page 2 of 5
I'm here. I started a thread for this week, but maybe I was in the wrong spot or I got the date wrong. Was feeling lonely thinking I was the only one.

Bedtime already for me though, so it's just a nice sleep until breakfast.
I'm in for my usual low calorie 36+ hour fast!

For new readers, my wife worries if I don't eat something, so I eat a plateful of food in the evening to keep her company - but I try and keep the calories as low as possible. I can make a decent veg curry with broccoli instead of rice for <200 cals if I put my mind to it.

I need this fast today as I've just had my twice-yearly walking weekend with as much booze and food as I could tuck away. Last time I put on 4lbs - which I lost after a second fast on the following Wednesday - this time I've only put on 2lbs.

No problem! :smile:
Oh don't feel lonely - glad you've made it through your day - while ours is just beginning. See you at breakfast :smile:
Hi I'm in for Tuesday and Thursday this week, as usual, and doing 16:8 on other days - except the weekend :smile:
Last weekend had far too much (excellent wedding!) but I am really looking forward to my fasts this week.
See you later in the week
So, quick question, how many fast days do ppl have, 2 or 3? and is everyone a liquid fast? Did you notice you lost weight quicker doing so?
Hi everyone, I've started the whole thing today and really looking forward to it.
I turned 40 this year and have always felt like a fit fatty but that milestone terrified me. Sooooooooo here I am.
It all looks very interesting and doable so looking forward to sharing stories plus the ups and inevitably a few downs, but I'm hope 4 months from now I'm going to enjoy buying my winter wardrobe :lol:
Hi TtF, welcome!

I do two fasts a week, Mondays and Thursdays, and only the Monday one is a liquid fast (no calories). This is my fifth week of liquid fasting out of a total 13 (almost 14) weeks on 5:2. I have had a steady weight loss all along so can't really tell if this has made any difference. I do the liquid fast because I enjoy having a 'cleanse' day after the weekend. I think the important thing is to do what works for you, sometimes that's through trial and error. I was already doing my fast days with an evening meal only, so that made it easier to go on to liquid fasting I believe.

The best of luck to you! :clover:
Ah, yes I like the idea of a Monday being a "cleanse" day. I don't fast at the weekend, and tend to be a bit more unhealthy than in the week. In that I mean it is bacon sarnies for breakfast as opposed to bran flakes!

At the moment, I think I will stick to one liquid fast day a week (unless on a fast day it ends up I am not hungry) and then 1-2 500 calorie fast days.
Since doing them, I've always planned to do two a week, but I'm not sure I've actually managed it. And yes, I have noticed it speeded up the weight loss.

I agree with airir, do what works for you and take it one day at a time. Good luck :)
Hi TtF - it speeded up my weight loss initially but I think my body's adapted to it already - but I've also had quite a few heavy weekends recently so have been a bit more relaxed on feast days, so weight is still only dropping slowly. :smile: I should take myself a bit more in hand and have a stronger push towards my goal, but TBH the weight is still going down slowly and this is a WOL not a quick fix, so I'm happy to plod on as it's all going fine as far as I can see. Good luck with it all - hope it works well for you too :clover:
Hi TtF - it speeded up my weight loss initially but I think my body's adapted to it already - but I've also had quite a few heavy weekends recently so have been a bit more relaxed on feast days, so weight is still only dropping slowly. :smile: I should take myself a bit more in hand and have a stronger push towards my goal, but TBH the weight is still going down slowly and this is a WOL not a quick fix, so I'm happy to plod on as it's all going fine as far as I can see. Good luck with it all - hope it works well for you too :clover:
I'm in, had such a pig out weekend a fast is definitely needed! Hoping to fit 3 in this week, only 5lbs from goal now yay!
Hi everyone

I am back from work; things are going well with me I hope the same applied to everyone.

I noticed someone started the same thread under 'fasting today' which is where we normally have the thread; it may cause a bit of confusion :confused:

Welcome to the newies but I would suggest you take your time before jumping into this fast. Most of us spent a few weeks doing the standard 5:2 fast before giving this a try. It does not work for everyone.
Have a look round at the forum; give the standard 5:2 a try, it takes the body a while to get used to fast days.
All these type of fasts are not quick fixes; they take time and are more of a lifestyle change.
Anyway goodluck with your diet; do use the forum its very supportive :clover:
XxBecksxX wrote: I'm in, had such a pig out weekend a fast is definitely needed! Hoping to fit 3 in this week, only 5lbs from goal now yay!

How lovely to be so close to your goal!!! :victory: Good luck with the last few pounds. Tomorrow I am liquid fasting. Last thurs was my best yet. I literally had no cals!!!! However I have a lot more to lose. 9.5 kilos!!! which is about 21 pounds I think???
Hi
just to let you know someone started the thread last night but put it under 'General 5:2 fasting chat' 20+ posts so far. It would be best to use the same thread :smile:
68 posts Page 2 of 5