The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

114 posts Page 3 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
You need your HWB and extra duvet,even tho it's July

Even Licking the baked bean spoon is heaven......
What's up with the peeing? I don't drink that much more on a fast day. Is liquid taken up less well by empty an stomach and intestines?

I did fasting and jet lag yesterday. I was in bed by 930. And slept until 6!
You tend to lose a lot of retained water on a fast day. So you pee a lot.
What an excellent thread :) :)
You get to do all those undone household chores just to keep you out of the kitchen e.g. ironing.
You hide in another room with the door closed while the children make toast!
Did you have to mention TOAST? :shock: :starving:

Ballerina x :heart:
For me it's even worse when someone makes fruit toast. :curse:

As per usual I remind myself that I can have it tomorrow.
MaryAnn wrote: What's up with the peeing? I don't drink that much more on a fast day. Is liquid taken up less well by empty an stomach and intestines?

A significant part of it is that all the glycogen in your body is depleted due to you restricting carbohydrates from entering your system. I think glycogen is 2/3 water. This is what is referred to as water weight and the reason why most people lose 1-3kg very quickly when they start a low carb food regimen.
when you eat things like, for example, canned lemon marinated sardines filets, things that you last ate when you were kids and found gross at the time and find out they taste fantastic

Or find out that, during the day, you drank two or three times what you drink the other days and you get up 4 times during the night to go pee :grin:
You can smell food eg icecream Shoppe yesterday could really smell the icecream, ahem was fasting and dropped in to get a coffee
For me it's more croissants of fresh bread I can smell a mile away when I am on fast days
I ban hubby from using chocolate flavours in his e-cigs...
You start listing all the ridiculous things you want for breakfast the next day - chips and curry sauce, toblerone.

Who mentioned TOAST?
Yesterday wasn't even a fast day, but I had over eaten badly, so I told myself, no more, you will have to wait till breakfast before you can have the cherry pie with custard. For breakfast??? What was I thinking?
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
114 posts Page 3 of 8