The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

114 posts Page 5 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
You get way more work done than a normal day. Anything to keep your mind off food.
Someone has a birthday at work and brings the cakes in!

It always seems to happen to me - I get very tempted to wrap up a slice and put it in my desk drawer for tomorrow (but think it might look a bit weird)
Agree with all the posts, although don't men pee like racehorses?
I could add that I know it's a fast day when my stomach is growling and I'm bustling about constantly trying to keep my mind off food.
I know its fast day as I have to walk past, count them, 6 takeaway places on my way home from work, and they all smell lovely.... on a normal day I couldnt bat and eyelid at them!
... you sit down to a dinner consisting of a 5 gallon bucket of salad greens and various vegetables dressed in less than a tablespoon of oil -- and you've actually been craving cucumbers for the last two hours!

Oh, and you go to bed at 8:00 p.m. because, in spite of being wide awake until 2:00 a.m., you need to avoid the kitchen. On the way to bed you notice your OH has laid out the almond croissants for overnight proofing, and there is nothing like being "in a hurry" to get to sleep.
... A mini babybel is a feast :doh:
Posting a recipe for someone else on here - :dazed: :doh: starts those juices and tummy rumbles going ... :bugeyes:
Oh, BruceE, we just had those exact same almond croissants for breakfast today (needless to say we're not fasting) - they are great and worth every calorie!!!!! :smile:
You envisage your stomach resembling a dried up raisin... at least that's how I feel today.

And every time you pass a mirror and no one's looking, you lift your tshirt up to admire your flat tummy. Or maybe that's just vain old me!!
...you spend the day on MyFitnessPal planning your feast days and watching Food Network.
......even the cats food smells appetising (except for the fishy ones!) I can't believe I've just posted that!
MaryAnn wrote: You wake up at 5am the next day wanting to eat everything in sight.

You wake up at 5am the next day feeling really well.
You wake up thinking it's time to clean the windows!
You can feel the bloating going away as you hour by hour watch your tummy flatten from the 10 months pregnant look. (Eating bread when wheat intolerant).
You're suddenly much busier than the other days so that the thought of food fades into the background.
T-O-A-S-T is the worst 5 letter word in the universe :bugeyes:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
114 posts Page 5 of 8