The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

114 posts Page 7 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
I love celery!

I know its a fast day as I need to pee constantly because I have drunk so much water!
annieliz wrote: You need your HWB and extra duvet,even tho it's July

Even Licking the baked bean spoon is heaven......

Baked bean spoon = heaven - that is so me on a fast day!!
... or wiping finger along the knife with remains of Philly cream cheese on, making sure to get every last bit ...
I guess celery is like marmite: you either love it or hate it. I love it, even on non-fast days.
that salad and omelette at the end of the day tastes absolutely delicious, better than anything
You've finally started using your stash of long-forgotten teas in the back of the pantry, because they're 0 calories.
My hubby went out and bought a case load (yes I said a case, 24 boxes) of herbal and fruit tea's as I was starting to use them. 3 days later the UK was hit with a heat wave and all I want is ice cold water.
... You're down to counting minutes and checking the clock every five minutes when you're an hour off your 24 hour fast end ...
You sneak a try on of a piece of clothing that you KNOW is too tight, just to remind you why you are doing this.

I love celery AND marmite, and I love celery smeared with marmite too :victory:
...you are drinking Bovril and it's 30 degrees outside!
You are constantly doing math in your head to see what combinations of foods add up to 500
Julieathome wrote: My hubby went out and bought a case load (yes I said a case, 24 boxes) of herbal and fruit tea's as I was starting to use them. 3 days later the UK was hit with a heat wave and all I want is ice cold water.

So make ICED tea.

John
Cold mint tea is the BEST refresher! I make a "mintwater" - I grab a handful of mint that I have growing in the yard (and rinse), stick it in a glass jar with water (put the lid on loosely), and stick it in the sun for the day. Chill it and it is the most heavenly refresher ever!
You find yourself trying to savour a single carrot stick... :bugeyes:
...there's a gorgeous sunset, but you can't be bothered to run outside to take a picture because you're so frickin hungry you're laser focused on getting dinner ready.

(Difficult fast day yesterday. And beautiful unphotographed sunset)
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
114 posts Page 7 of 8