The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

215 posts Page 2 of 15
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 Next
Have done a month now and feeling "in the zone"! Finding fast days surprisingly easy and enjoying the fact that I'm not eating for the sake of eating on non fast days. Want to carry on for at least 3 months to see how it compares with Slimming World. I'm typically a very slow loser - it took me 9 months to lose 1 stone on SW from same starting weight in 2011 which I put back on again in 2012. Couldn't face the thought of it taking that long to lose it again so had to find something different - I think I'm already slightly ahead of schedule!
i hope to still be here i have quite alot to lose about 5 stone so yep hope to stick to it might have to come off it when on holidays but will get straight back on it hopefully , have my 50th this year so would like to get as much off as poss
It's funny how these significant birthdays keep cropping up. I'll be stressing about being 60 this time next year, but hopefully will be thinner and healthier by then. Keep going!
I really hope I am. As many have said this new way of thinking is helping me and so I want to be in it for the long haul.

I am also finding the fast easier every time.
I WILL be here. Might cut to just one day, might up to 3 days, might take a break during holiday, but will come back and make it work for me.
I've been on 5:2 since September and have no plans to stop.
Once I've lost the 4 remaining kgs I want to and reached 57 kgs I will continue with the 6:1 régime to maintain the weight.
When I began this diet I intended to continue for a least a year, at which point I was going to review any improvements to my BP/blood test results etc. and decide if it’s worth carrying on.

I think now I will carry on fasting in some form even if my BP/etc are not quite what I was hoping for. Weight loss aside, I really do believe this diet is doing my health and spirit some good.
At the present rate I should reach my target in about 3 months - I'm finding fasting easier as I go along, although my rate of weight loss has slowed. Having originally started more for the health benefits (though in retrospect I am pretty pleased with what I've lost off my tum), I am even more impressed as I discover more. For instance, the possible protective effect against cancer - see the cancer topic - not a problem I have at the moment thank the Lord, but it got both my parents... So I fully intend to continue 5:2 in some form once I hit my target, just tweaked so I stop losing weight.

But back to the main topic, my answer to the question is: a lot more people! If we were 1380 after the first month, straight line growth in this forum would take it to over 5500. It could easily be much more. Moogie is improving things all the time (neat little extras creep in, did anyone else spot the change in the User Menu today?), and the atmosphere is really positive and friendly, led by the moderators. As long as it continues like that, this place will thrive. We ain't seen nothing yet...
I'll still be here, started in August, about 5kg down, still have to figure out how I'm going to loose the remaining 4kg (in a comfortable nice way!) as the weight has stopped coming off. have been testing my urine and seem to have ketones when I don't have starch on a fast day so am trying that....
I've been on this way of eating from September and lost 22 lbs but have plateaued for the last 2 months. This could be a reason for dropping off, as I see the same thing happening to others who started off at the same time. But the health benefits seem worthwhile even in the absence of weight loss. But will the motivation continue? I don't know.
Hi ThinklCan
22 lbs is great! Well done. Did you watch what you eat on your eat days as well?
I intend on being here for the long haul. I have around 6stone to lose anyway. But I'm going after the long term health benefits, see if it will help my illness and give me more energy.
Not really - in the sense that I still ate cookies and other stuff that are not too healthy. But you become more aware of what you eat and tend to eat healthy foods on eating days too, more veggies and fruits. But I plateaued after 4 months and am still struggling to get off for nearly 2 months. There is a theory that we should not get too low on eating days as the body starts to slow its metabolism down. You are asked to check your TDEE so you will know how much to eat in a day. The link: http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx
That is a good question.

I am a bit scared by how long this is going to take actually.

I started knowing I am fat, and don't want to be, and have been for so long.....

Looking at all the progress stuff on MFP is very interesting too, it kind of shows you what is possible, but the it takes 9 10 11 months a year to shift the weight, change your life, get fit, stop smoking, control your drinking.

What appeals about this WOE (wow see I am getting the lingo!) is the flexibility, but also the awareness of calories to your total weekly consumption, it's not like you "can't" have anything, but you have to know what ever you eat will make a difference to your weight.

Yeah, No Poop Sherlock! But sometime the obvious isn't always that!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 Next
215 posts Page 2 of 15