The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

155 posts Page 9 of 11
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Re: THE HAIRY TENT!
25 Apr 2014, 13:07
Mine would probably throw one too, Woolfie! He's having sausages!! I'll freeze the other portions of bean burger mix!
25 Apr 2014, 13:30
Following the disappointment of the spicy pork I made the big soup from the yellow book last night after Zumba. It was delicious and very filling ! Going to do the chicken bake on Sunday.
07 May 2014, 14:48
OK Jamie, I'm abandoning you, swapping you for the Hairy ones - hope it won't break your heart too much :wink:

it started with the yellow cookbook which recipes exceeded any I found in yours. I mean, you are charming and so, but heck the boys with hair are so much more fun. Not only fun, their recipes are low cal (mostly) and even my spoiled men eat everything up that I've cooked.

Their first cookbook arrived in the mail today plus the new Asian one. Since I haven't seen their shows here for ages (how did you manage to squeeze them out?) the though struck me - check out Youtube. And whatdayaknow - their Asian TV series are there. So I have just finished watching the first episode where the HonKong 2 Micheline chef looked a bit like you ;) and the rest of the show was great. I don't think I have ever laughed so much and so loud when watching a cooking show - ever. :grin: The fortune teller who told Kingie - for being a man you are quite capable.... :lol:

Tonight will be the Tai Beef stir fry from the Asian book.
13 May 2014, 13:33
Tonight I am going to make the Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu form the Yellow Book.
13 May 2014, 13:45
I'm having Tuna salad with red onion and beans from the yellow book. I'm adding a hard boiled egg, celery and red peppers and omitting the olives (I love 'em, but have none in the cupboard!)
13 May 2014, 13:54
Have the Hairy dieters book which I love...off to investigate the yellow book!
13 May 2014, 14:23
I'm in the process of making the spag bol from the white book, using less mince though as I'm making it into a soup instead of bolognase sauce! Makes about 6 portions when made into soup, lovely on a fast day! :D
13 May 2014, 14:39
DragonsHeart wrote: I'm in the process of making the spag bol from the white book, using less mince though as I'm making it into a soup instead of bolognase sauce! Makes about 6 portions when made into soup, lovely on a fast day! :D

But why oh why turn it into a soup? All the diet recipes are so low on calories and delish as they are. But you maybe have had lunch...then I understand the need ;)
13 May 2014, 14:41
Couldn't find yellow or white book from my usual company but have ordered the Asian one. I already love many recipes from the dieters book. I saw there is a new dieters book due next year.
13 May 2014, 18:18
The chicken was lovely. Will be making it again. We had it with boiled carrots and Courgette and Sweetcorn Fritters.
13 May 2014, 19:10
Tonight we had the pasta sallad from the white book, but exchanged the tuna (yick) for grilled sirloin that I cut into thins trip. Son had 3 servings and I think The DH managed the same. I staid with one :) Since it was not fast day I made the dressing with real Helmans mayo and milk, but since I never eat an entire portion I still think I came in nicely under 2000kcal for the entire day. :grin:
14 May 2014, 22:08
We have sticky chicken from the yellow book at least once a week. Had it tonight. So scrummy. Served tonight with stirfried mushrooms, leeks and garlic, the leftover sticky sauce and creme fraiche. It was so nice that I could have licked the plate
15 May 2014, 07:31
Love the HBs , we like the fish stew, meatballs and chicken jalfrezi from the original book, but have spotted the yellow book and am going to get it as some great looking recipes in there too. They are so handy for fast and non-fast days.
15 May 2014, 10:12
It's almost inane how much I love these cookbooks, almost all dishes goes down like "like Gods words in a crazy man" (he - it is fun to do direct translations at times) and it's amazing that they are so filling an lean at the same time.
Coming Sunday I will ask youngest son to pick out four new ones for next week, since she did such a good job this one :)
19 May 2014, 18:42
I've just done the Pan Haggerty out of the yellow book for the 1st time. Very nice. Half was not quite enough for hubby. Luckily there was some left over lamb hotpot in the fridge.
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
155 posts Page 9 of 11