The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Recipes

155 posts Page 8 of 11
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Re: THE HAIRY TENT!
09 Apr 2014, 18:42
I made the chicken tikka masala the other night and it was declared to be heavenly by all :smile: :like:
11 Apr 2014, 08:21
I made the Moussaka yesterday and John spiced up the stew to his liking. Never thought he would eat the aubergines, but the whole dish was polished of. Dang I love Hairy recipes :D
11 Apr 2014, 08:34
We do the crispy chicken in breadcrumbs, its delicious. Its a tad messy to make but well worth it. Also the lasagna using leek instead of pasta sheets is surprisingly nice! (and saves some carbs too)
11 Apr 2014, 18:01
Yes that lasagne is good isn't it @philxjr although I'm naughty and prefer it with pasta! :shock:

I haven't made anything for a while. Hmm, what to make?

Bean :confused:
11 Apr 2014, 19:25
Minced beef and veg pies using pizza dough for pastry turned out well (well a bit more heat added). And chicken Jalfrezi good too. Just got the Yellow book so will have a good look at that. Shopping tomorrow so ingredients for the Tea Loaf will be bought.
14 Apr 2014, 10:18
:clover: :heart: Have just made the Pan Haggerty Lite from the yellow book. Excellent, very tasty and felt substantial @ 213 cals. We had it for lunch and I am going to freeze what we don't use! :like:
22 Apr 2014, 15:05
I made the spicy pork stir fry with rice and both of us were disappointed. No taste at all despite chilli powder, cumin and coriander. It was from yellow book. Anyone else made this?
22 Apr 2014, 16:22
AnnieW wrote: Minced beef and veg pies using pizza dough for pastry turned out well (well a bit more heat added). And chicken Jalfrezi good too. Just got the Yellow book so will have a good look at that. Shopping tomorrow so ingredients for the Tea Loaf will be bought.

I've bought the pizza base ready to make these. Just keep forgetting to do them.
22 Apr 2014, 18:49
My tea loaf wasn't totally successful but I think my fault. I thought my tin was the correct size but was mistaken and even though I gave it a lot longer in the oven the middle portions felt a bit underdone although the edge pieces were ok.

The spicy pork turned out ok for us @Muftanza. I put more of the spices in than the recipe asked for though :wink: . This seems to be a recurring theme - add a bit more heat/spice. Just off to see what to cook tomorrow (back up plan is toad in the hole - obviously not a fast day :grin: ).
22 Apr 2014, 20:46
Thanks @AnnieW I will try that in future. I do wish the recipes would state whether they can be frozen or not. The trouble I have is portion sizes i.e. most of the recipes are for 4/6 people so I find it difficult just having one portion size greedy devil that I am LOL and it seems such a waste to throw it away when only 2 or even just one of us is eating it (OH doesn't fast).
22 Apr 2014, 21:41
I make my own pizza dough normally s not sure what to do about the pies with pizza dough topping.
I made the turkey burgers today and although they were nice much prefere the beef burgers.
I was looking at the Pan Haggerty recipe earlier I reckon if you used bacon medallions instead of rashers that would work and save a few cals too.
23 Apr 2014, 18:33
I made my version of the egg, bacon and asparagus flan. I didn't add the onion and used almond milk but did not do the hesting it with cornflour. I used more half fat chese though. Came in st around 320 cals a portion though.
25 Apr 2014, 11:06
Muftanza wrote: I made the spicy pork stir fry with rice and both of us were disappointed. No taste at all despite chilli powder, cumin and coriander. It was from yellow book. Anyone else made this?

I have made it twice and we love it. The secret is to add more spice, even if it might up the kcal a wee bit. Most (but not all) in the Yellow book need spicing up. Yesterday I made the piri piri checken and that recipe was perfect as it was ;)

To the spicy pork dish I added:
Thai green curry paste
Thai sweet chili sauce
A dash of Japanese soy sauce
Chili Explosion (by spice brand Santa Maria)
Cayenne powder
Chili powder Anjou style
A little bit of raw sugar

IMHO, the key success in cooking is tasting. Taste, taste, taste as you go along. Can't understand all these participants in various cooking competitions on TV who presents their dish and get to hear it's too salt, too bland, too......

Good Luck!!
25 Apr 2014, 11:50
When looking up the Pan haggerty recipe, I caught sight of the bean burgers. Yum!
I'm boiling some chickpeas and will make them with cannellini beans, as I don't have kidney. They'll go very nicely with my filled mushroom and stuffed pepper tonight! I'll report back.
25 Apr 2014, 12:45
PennyForthem wrote: When looking up the Pan haggerty recipe, I caught sight of the bean burgers. Yum!
I'm boiling some chickpeas and will make them with cannellini beans, as I don't have kidney. They'll go very nicely with my filled mushroom and stuffed pepper tonight! I'll report back.

My men would through a huge fit if I served them beanie burgers ;)
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
155 posts Page 8 of 11