The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Results: Before & After

76 posts Page 4 of 6
Well done Minigill and thanks for sharing your journey. Welcome to the maintenance club :smile:
Well done minigill a fabulous post :)@greenmonster is that the shop on the road by the Castle? If so I've had ice cream there :) We have some good homemade ice creams in Norfolk too.
Thanks so much Minigill for taking so much time & trouble to tell us your wonderful story! It was extremely helpful & so inspirational to us newbies. I am 9 weeks in, with a long long way to go, so it is lovely to read a success story like yours....and to dream about the possibilities ahead.

I am not fasting today, but I am watching my intake.....so it has been difficult seeing my daughters both scoffing Malteaster bunnies (one of my favourite treats) tonight! Some non-fast days I am better at resisting than others, but amazingly, I never waver on a fast day. I have been telling myself that it is understandable to crave the very things that I have been constantly cramming down my neck for comfort all these years - Rome wasn't built in a day! Any time I manage to resist something is an utter triumph & I am almost enjoying taking back some control, because it has been sadly lacking in my life for a lot of my life!

Big thanks to everyone on the forum - I find myself logging in most days for inspiration.....and I always get it.....

Fasting tomorrow......bring it on!!!!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Woweeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :like: :like: :like: you are awesome and inspiring Minigill :smile: :smile:
:clover: A big CONGRATULATIONS :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: for reaching your desired healthy weight and starting maintenance. Yay :victory: :star: :handshake: :party: :rainbow: :present: :bowl: :beer: :announce: :cake: :drink: :drink:
Xxx julianna
A big well done from me too Minigill :) :clap: :clap: :party: :drink: Thanks for telling us all about it. Looking forward to pics :)
Dee
Well done. From someone that has been struggling, this was a fantastic read and well needed.

You should be so proud. xxx
That is a spectacular effort in so short a time and a testament to the fact that is works, and you don't have to make yourself miserable in the process!!

Thank you for your stats, very revealing.

I am interested in the arthritis in your knee. I am the same age and had a fall at work a while ago; had a double arthroscopy, but with the help of an excellent physio am back doing lunges, hill walking, in short, everything I was doing before. It does twinge occasionally but I don't let it hold me up. Have you been to a physio? I do daily exercises which definitely help. What have you been told about exercise?

Deb
Congratulations, Minigill -- awesome job!

I'm totally jealous of your tracker line; it's almost a straight-on diagonal with an impressive average slope. You're next challenge will be to maintain that weight for a few years. :grin:
Wow, I echo the congrats on a very impressive weight loss speed. Truly a shining star in our big 5:2 family!
One word: Wow.

Minigil you have done a fantastic job. Congratulations :victory: :victory: :victory:
Congratulations MiniGill! well done and i cant wait to join in the Maintenance tent.

your summary is brilliant indeed.. thank you. agree with all of them. keep forgetting about the fish and yes, i said goodbye to feeling stuffed and bloated about 7 months ago when i started 5:2

You won’t die of starvation in the day
    Hungers pangs are your friend and you grow to enjoy them
    Control of food instead of the other way round
    Portion sizes, asking myself, do I really need all that
    I don’t need breakfast (only had one breakfast in 7 months, excluding the jaffa cake ice cream I had at the weekend…..)
    Eat WHEN proper hungry, not just head hunger
    Eat much more fruit, veg & salad and some fish
    Calorie awareness
    No feeling over full/stuffed/bloated
Yes LouLou51 it is the one by the castle (I don't think there are any other homemade ice cream shops in Harlech or indeed a 50 mile radius, it's not that kind of place!) Run by a lovely English couple, the weirdest flavour I've tried is Sea Buckthorn which was pale orange and tasted sweet & slightly peachy/citrusy. My husbands folks have a holiday home out that way so we go there pretty much every year.
Well done ! What a great honest post I love reading posts like this so thanks. Good luck with the maintenance!
A truly inspirational post! Thank you for sharing :grin: Congratulations! :like:
wow - congratulations on your amazing loss :cool: . What an inspirational post :like:

Your post has filled me added confidence that given time the pounds will be melting off for me as well :grin: :cool: :like:
76 posts Page 4 of 6