The FastDay Forum

5:2 Diet Results: Before & After

63 posts Page 4 of 5
Just wow!

Came on here, first post that caught my eye was yours (am always a sucker for a before & after pic!), clicked on it and my first thought scrolling down was 'good grief! is that the same woman?!'

Can't believe you say you're only half way there - there'll be nothing left when you're at goal, just a tuft of hair & some clothes!!

Well done, that's one amazing year you've had - what an inspiration to any newbies or strugglers :victory:
I'm so happy for you Isis. :victory: you are inspirational :like: :clover: :heart: :victory:
I love your attitude about your scenic route. Like you, it will take me 2 years to reach my desired weight but that doesn't matter to me because I won't be stopping this WOE when I get there- it will just be a really happy excellent day. :victory:
Xxx julianna
Thank you all for your lovely & encouraging comments. I felt really brave letting my hair revert to its natural colour & my shorter hair was really having all the brownish colour finally cut out :grin: I am still not quite used to it when I catch sight of myself in a mirror but it is certainly much easier to care for & so much cheaper than paying to have it professionally coloured, & I do like it.
My wardrobe is also getting reduced because although I was naturally dark brown when younger, with my older paler skin some colours are looking awful on me now so off to the charity shop they go.
I bought a new Windsmoor winter coat over the weekend reduced from £279 to £79 in the sales so a real bargain & collected size 16s to try on & they were too big! The assistant brought size 14s & weirdly they were also too big so I ended up with a size12!
I am sure sizes have got bigger to accommodate us vain shoppers because with my resurrected older clothes that I can now wear my wardrobe includes size 12, 14, & 16 :confused: :lol: is anyone else finding that?
Isis, you look fabulous!
It's seeing photos like this that spur me (and I'm sure many others) to keep going!
It's not relevant to the weight loss, but I love your hair colour now.
Well done! :like:
wow congratulations! The pictures are so inspiring :)

My wardrobe also contains a wide variety of sizes, I think it just depends on where you shop as I can be anything from a size 10 - 16!
Oh....my....goodness Isis - how amazing are you???

Fab pictures, love your new look & a BIG thanks for providing such inspiration. I have started at a similar weight to when you started.....so now I know what I have to look forward to. Will remember that when the going gets tough (as it does occasionally).

Well done & many thanks xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Congratulations and well done!!!
Yes @Isis I find clothing is many sizes, it's weird being a couple of sizes smaller too, it's like you have to really rethink your wardrobe, your tastes and your change in hair colour and as we age our complexion is different as well.

Maybe it's time to see a stylist for your colours and the most flattering shape of clothes to suit your amazing new body :smile: and working out which styles are most flattering. More muted colours suit us as our skin colour changes as we get older and you have changed your hair so that is major and don't for get the colour of your eyes is your signature colour and flattering. Have to say blue looks good on you in your latest photos

Trinny and Suzanna did a raft of books on the topic of body shape and suitable styles and colours. It is a lot of fun reconstructing a wardrobe. Enjoy :smile:
Well done you look great and so much happier :heart:
Congratulations Isis!!!! You look absolutely fab and I love your new look.
:cake: :rainbow: :star: :victory:
Thank you Sian & LittleJoy :smile:
Thank you gillymary for your suggestions, I was colour coded many years ago & I am a winter & I believe a paler version of that is summer? so it seems a blue base to colours suits me. I have a Colour me Beautiful book about seasonal colour typing that is years old so probably out of date on styling recommendations. I will probably go to one of those personal shopper people at one of the larger department store in London with a friend to find an outfit to wear to my sons wedding in September.
Funnily enough I have just gone through my spare overspill wardrobe looking at my filed away mainly cruise type evening clothes & a pale gold top looked awful. But it was very enjoyable remembering when I wore things & finding some lovely jackets & suits I had forgotten about. The jackets have a longer cut to them that I prefer covering my rear end because a lot of jackets now seem to be cut so short ending at hip level. I really hate the idea of getting rid of good quality suits so I am only throwing out stuff that is really too big. I suppose I do have emotional attachments to clothes because of remembering when I wore them & find it very difficult to throw things away. I don't know if it's being thrifty or just being daft thinking I will wear them again?
Wow Isis your before and after pictures sure are an inspiration. Congratulations on your weight loss.

Depending on how many sizes too big your clothes are sometimes a tailor can alter your clothes to fit your new smaller size. Usually they can take clothes down a couple of sizes but more than that it might distort the garment too much. Ultimately how much they can alter a garment depends on the garment itself (some items are easier to alter than others). So just throwing in a suggestion for you to consider.
wow these are really inspirational you must feel a million dollars well done. :like:
Well done Isis.
You are an inspiration.
WOW!!! @Isis What a difference. :like: :like: :like: :like: Well done!
And thanks for the inspiration :smile: :smile:
63 posts Page 4 of 5