The FastDay Forum

Benefits & Side Effects

66 posts Page 2 of 5
Re: Baggy body?
25 Jun 2014, 22:44
Thanks girls - you are so kind!

I really appreciate your support because on this forum we can all so relate to the struggles & challenges that we each face. I have to say I have found that in real life, there is a limit to how often or how much I can talk about my progress....without boring everyone rigid!

To me, though, it is momentous....& I need to talk about it! Big thanks for letting me....

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
26 Jun 2014, 00:58
I believe it is genetic. Some thin women end up all baggy after having one child in their 20s or 30s, others are luckier. My skin recovered nicely, but carrying two 9 lb babies in my small frame ruined my abdominal muscles so my tummy sticks out no matter what I weigh. They do surgery for that nowadays, but it is painful and expensive and you can end up feeling like you are wearing a too tight girdle all the time. Not worth it!

My skin recovered nicely from losing 35 lbs in my 50s. I had bat wings for a while but they did shrink. Now at 66 with only a bit of weight off I'm seeing some droopy skin in the tummy region. I'm being patient for now and hoping it improves. If it doesn't over the next six months I'll declare victory and maintain at this weight.

But yes, young women reading this, it is so very much easier losing weight before menopause!
26 Jun 2014, 09:41
Thank you Peebles you have given me some hope :smile: Fortunately I do have a matching jacket to wear over my short sleeved dress at my sons wedding in September. I will keep up the batwing arm exercises to try & maintain muscle tone & of course keep on going down in weight. :grin:
26 Jun 2014, 09:43
Perhaps us baggy people can post any progress as encouragement to others?
26 Jun 2014, 09:47
I had it confirmed today by my gynecologist that I am definitely menopausal, so that could account for the some of the slowness. Especially as I wasn't menopausal when I started 5:2.
26 Jun 2014, 09:53
barbarita wrote: but stomach in particular has wobbly blancmange covering which puckers when I do certain yoga positions e.g. downward dog.

Exactly the same here. As long as I stand up very straight it looks OK, but any bending forward and the wobbly puckering appears! Good reason to keep a good posture I suppose :confused:
26 Jun 2014, 10:33
4+ stone off and my legs are ok and reasonably toned because I walk. Sadly the rest of my body is a different story - loads of loose skin on my tummy etc (and I love the Bagpuss description!) but you know what - I ain't really that fussed - I'm a 51 year old woman wearing size 10 clothes and skinny jeans without feeling ridiculous for the first time ever but I'm not really vain either (and certainly wasn't suggesting anyone who has posted here is). I don't do enough exercise (else I suspect I'd be more toned) but hey.....I am what I am :-) Some amazing weight losses on this forum - they are so motivating to read.
26 Jun 2014, 10:35
@carorees - I think the term 'wobbly puckering' should be immortalised!!!
26 Jun 2014, 10:46
I have a smaller weight loss than others here on this thread and I wasn't feeling so bad about my skin until I looked in the mirror when I was on the elliptical treadmill at the gym and as I worked my arms I noticed to my horror that the skin on my arms in raised position really shows how much fat I have lost.

So I have found some exercises to do and I will let you know it if makes any difference. Meanwhile still happy to have lost the fat
26 Jun 2014, 14:11
I am 66 and have lost about 3 st in total and I look disgusting, a body like a pair of pink pyjamas straight out of the wash and in need of a major ironing but it is still preferable to being 3 st heavier. At least I can cover the wrinkles but covering fat was not so easy so for me it's a no brainer there. There is more to this than how I look, I feel wonderful and hope I'm doing my long term mental and physical health a huge favour even if I have more wrinkles, a fair trade off in my eyes.

Ballerina x :heart:
26 Jun 2014, 15:50
Ballerina you are doing marvellously well maintaining the new slim you! I only hope that when I eventually get to my goal weight that I will be able to do the same :smile:
26 Jun 2014, 16:01
Isis wrote: Ballerina you are doing marvellously well maintaining the new slim you! I only hope that when I eventually get to my goal weight that I will be able to do the same :smile:

:heart: Me too @isis :like:
@ballerina one classy smart attractive looking lady.
:heart: :like: :clover: :heart:
26 Jun 2014, 17:07
You look great anyways Bal@Ballerina..very very attractive,smart and elegant lady.
All those alleged wrinkles arent showing ! X
26 Jun 2014, 17:48
I tend to be of the "let it all hang out" club (have worn shorts and tanks for outdoor summer inline skating for years; just too hot otherwise), but for what it's worth, there's a new product out there to cover arms called "EZ sleeves."
27 Jun 2014, 04:28
Whats that you say @ferretgal? ez sleeves?!Tell us more!
Ps the skating sounds fab, wish i had learnt to skate..x
66 posts Page 2 of 5